Re Cost Of Hair System Plus Maintenance In London

Nuntius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I am a 58 year old male who has come to the end of the road re minoxidil and finasteride and am contemplating a hair system. I live in London. Apart from all the usual concerns re detectability, I am also concerned by the prospect of escalating cost. I have been to one clinic in London that will provide a bespoke system for around £900 which it is said can last (with good care) around 10 months. I calculate I will need two of these a year. With salon maintenance (some I will try to do myself) I am budgeting around £3.5K per annum in total for systems plus maintenance (hopefully a little less). I would go for poly and lace systems with real European hair. I'd be really grateful to any London users if you could tell me whether this sounds at all realistic? I know a lot will depend on how much care is taken of the system. At a stretch I could go for three a year, but any more than that and I would be really concerned about long term cost. many thanks.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It can vary from £4k down to £500 depending on where you go.
I would not equate price with quality. I have a good online supplier and go locally for fit and cut ins.
I spend about £700 a year. That gets me 2 systems a year.

Nuntius

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can vary from £4k down to £500 depending on where you go.
I would not equate price with quality. I have a good online supplier and go locally for fit and cut ins.
I spend about £700 a year. That gets me 2 systems a year.
Thanks so much for replying. Are you based in London? Can you give me a link to your supplier and where you go for fit/cut ins? I think I will need to start with a salon as am a complete beginner. How does the online supplier know about your specifications? Do you have some sort of DIY template to send? I'd be really nervous about messing this up.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have PMed you.
Yes I am London based but travel for work also.
Usually, an online salon can use a template, old unit or measurements to produce the size. Photos for the density and a hair sample for colouring.

Thinderella

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have PMed from a few ideas too.

Hey mate, new to the website, you seem to be the guy in the know. Looking for similar info....
Based in the UK, thinking im gonna go to a salon first to get it fitted rather than try myself.
Also, really want a system with a mild widows peak so somewhere that can accommodate that!

Thanks a lot.

Kieran25

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have PMed you.
Yes I am London based but travel for work also.
Usually, an online salon can use a template, old unit or measurements to produce the size. Photos for the density and a hair sample for colouring.
Hi grincher. Do you mind sending me your fitter? As I may go online and if so, need someone to fit and cut it in, also in London .thanks