Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 2.6 YEARS UPDATE Page 5

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't plan on updating so soon but here we go. I'm 3.9 years on meds now and things are alright. I gave myself a haircut for the first time ever, I usually just wait until it gets really long and I get sick of having to manage it then razor it all off. This time I actually went for a style, the undercut, although it didn't come out exactly like that. I used clippers on the side and left the top untouched. At this length my growing bald spot is covered and my diminishing density is less noticeable.

I was off finasteride and rogaine for about a month but I've been back on for a week. I used a touch of gel for the pics below.

Attachments

• hairline.jpg
    hairline.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,072
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,074
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,053
  • temple2.jpg
    temple2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,053
  • temple1.jpg
    temple1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,113
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,133

Lukas73

Reaction score
Really nice! I hope that the meds will work for me as well. Are you still using generic finasteride 5mg and cutting it up to 1/4's?

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice results, looks great.

If you could go back, would you do anything differently? What is your current full routine?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice results, looks great.

If you could go back, would you do anything differently? What is your current full routine?

Sure I would have started finasteride and rogaine at age 19 when my hair loss started, unfortunately I didn't recognize it until I was 21. I take 1.25mg of finasteride every day and apply 1ml of rogaine each day.

Einfachlacm

Reaction score
you have had great results

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
It's my 4 year anniversary since I started taking meds and 6 years since I started losing my hair. I just gave my self a buzz cut with no guard. My density is more or less back to baseline but it's still a success to have slowed down my balding for this long, especially since I was/am destined to be a nw6 with thinning sides.

Attachments

• DSC03493.jpg
    DSC03493.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 763
  • 11-21-13 (5).jpg
    11-21-13 (5).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 722
  • 11-21-13 (2).jpg
    11-21-13 (2).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 683
  • 11-21-13 (1).jpg
    11-21-13 (1).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 695

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
5 years have passed since starting treatments (finasteride/rogaine) at 21 years old. 7 years have passed since I stared balding rapidly in a NW6 diffuse pattern in which I lost about 50% of my hair on top in just 2 years. I'm damn lucky to still have the appearance of a full head of hair despite noticeable thinning, especially in the front. Objectively I'm no worse than baseline except maybe my front but the rest is decent considering how aggressive and severe of my male pattern baldness is. Notice how the flash makes the front of my hair look better than is actually is but without flash you can see how much hair is gone.

I may consider a modest hair transplant in front area and forelock around age 30 if my hair loss has stabilized. If it gets significantly worse, hello hair system and goode bye rogaine. I'll probably stay on finasteride forever to prevent my side hair from going since it's also sensitive to DHT.

I'm wearing a bit of mouse in the pics so that's why it has that shine and appears a little thicker than it is.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 682
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 686
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 653
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 689
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 719
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 702
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 691
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 717

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel it looks like you haven't lost any hair apart from your temples and you gain and kept a whole bunch on youe hairline man

- - - Updated - - -

I feel it looks like you haven't lost any hair apart from your temples and you gain and kept a whole bunch on your hairline man

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel it looks like you haven't lost any hair apart from your temples and you gain and kept a whole bunch on your hairline man

Thanks bro but I really have lost a ton of hair from my peak re-growth. Here are pics from around 12 months after I started meds so I'm around 22 year old, four years ago. You can see how stronger my density is all over and how thick the front is, my forelock is decently strong and you can't see much scalp. Now my forelock has like 10 hairs lol.

Attachments

• age 22.jpg
    age 22.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 737
  • age 22-2.jpg
    age 22-2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 717
  • age 22-3.jpg
    age 22-3.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 677

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know bro cause honestly the 3 you posted 1 is far away the rest have like a filter haha

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know bro cause honestly the 3 you posted 1 is far away the rest have like a filter haha

LOL are you balding? Because if you are you'd know only you know the real state of your hair loss since y'know, it's your own ****ing scalp that you look at on daily basis. I appreciate the positivity don't get me wrong but photos can be deceptive which is why I posted one flash where you can the major frontal thinning. I have up close ones from page 1 so you're welcome to look at those too to see a difference. Trust me, the density is far less and noticeable. But I don't have BDD so I'm not that upset about, considering I still have hair is a huge win.

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Supriesedguy are you still above baisline after 5 years?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah I'm balding but the amount of delusion and negativity on the forum is crazy

I agree but you're not implying I'm those things correct because unlike many, I have no problem with my current state of hair (well of course I wish I had perfect hair forever! haha). While you see guys with thick, nearly perfect hair getting hair transplant's to bring their hairline forward from NW1.5 to NW1. Beyond ridiculous. Or the pathological type with BDD who think being bald makes them subhuman and they genuinely experience life as a living hell. Drhouse or w/e has most of his hair and thinks that too, it's sad.

Shiza I would have no problem being NW2.5 or 3 as long I had good density and no bald spot like daniel day lewis. If I'm lucky enough that my hair loss stabilizes then like I said around 30 I'll look into FUE and transplanting maybe 1000-2000 hairs if possible from the back of my head where its the thickest to mostly the front where it's the thinnest then the rest scattered around evenly. Or not.

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea that's what I'm talking about id still say everyone develops some sort of OCD with their hair some
more then others though and it leads them to normally being cynical like all the dudes who start the shed and they are like OMG it's not working!! Etc.

i was merely pointing out the extra pictures are hard to interpret here is my hair with and with out filters

wwje5bw.jpg

hby1CCP.jpg

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
Receding, if you check my hair log you will see I am balding, plus check how my hair lies it covers up the sides :p hidden in plain view