Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 2.6 YEARS UPDATE Page 5

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't updated in a very long time. I'm coming up on 9 years on 1mg propecia and 1x a day rogaine as I'm about to turn 30. Hair is as expected continues to slowing diffuse, hairline being the most obvious but technically still an NW2. Pretty good considering I started to losing it in a NW6 pattern fast at age 18 (got on meds at 21) and I also have alopecia areata.

Took some harsh but honest pics with no product.

Attachments

• IMG_3010.JPG
    IMG_3010.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,049
  • IMG_3011.JPG
    IMG_3011.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_3013.JPG
    IMG_3013.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 954
  • IMG_3016.JPG
    IMG_3016.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 956
  • IMG_3017.JPG
    IMG_3017.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,083

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Love that you’ve kept updating over so many years. Hair looks okay and you have a good complexion.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just read through the whole thread. Do you regret the brief cycles on dutasteride at all?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy bro, you are beating hairloss. I am 21 right now and also diffusing in a NW7 pattern agressively. I had a thick NW1 at the start of the year. Ive been on finasteride for 7 weeks now and am seeing no slowdown in loss or any porgress at all. I am noticably below basline but staying hopeful. Like you, I also have most of my hairline. My hair looks just like yours in your original post from 2010. Do you have any tips that could help me?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations.It has been 9 years,what a long journey!Hair looks pretty good.

Thanks dude!

Just read through the whole thread. Do you regret the brief cycles on dutasteride at all?

Nah, It would of been cool if I responded to it positively but oh well.

Holy bro, you are beating hairloss. I am 21 right now and also diffusing in a NW7 pattern agressively. I had a thick NW1 at the start of the year. Ive been on finasteride for 7 weeks now and am seeing no slowdown in loss or any porgress at all. I am noticably below basline but staying hopeful. Like you, I also have most of my hairline. My hair looks just like yours in your original post from 2010. Do you have any tips that could help me?

Hey man, only advice would be continue with 1mg finasteride without missing a dose and use rogaine twice a day altho once a day would probably be sufficient to get max benefit (make sure it's on your scalp for at least 4 hours before you wash your hair). 7 weeks is pretty early, you'll probably see halting of hair loss progression and you add rogaine, regrowth in the next couple months.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Thought I'd update, I'm at almost 13 years now on 1mg propecia and minoxidil daily. I've been on oral minoxidil for the last year, I take 2.5mg. No side effects from oral minoxidil except tachycardia above 2.5mg so I don't go above that dose. My hair continues to thin but very slowly. My thin temples are covered by my hair on purpose, if I pulled my hairline back it would still be solid NW2. I can't complain much considering I lost 40-50% of my hair in a NW6/7 pattern between 18-21. I was destined to be completely bald on top by 25. I also have reoccurring alopecia areata in my side hair/beard which at the moment is not happening or at least it's minor.

Good lighting in these pics for sure.

IMG_7202.jpg
IMG_7203.jpg
IMG_7204.jpg
IMG_7205.jpg
IMG_7206.jpg

Last edited:

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Thought I'd update, I'm at almost 13 years now on 1mg propecia and minoxidil daily. I've been on oral minoxidil for the last year, I take 2.5mg. No side effects from oral minoxidil except tachycardia above 2.5mg so I don't go above that dose. My hair continues to thin but very slowly. My thin temples are covered by my hair on purpose, if I pulled my hairline back it would still be solid NW2. I can't complain much considering I lost 40-50% of my hair in a NW6/7 pattern between 18-21. I was destined to be completely bald on top by 25. I also have reoccurring alopecia areata in my side hair/beard which at the moment is not happening or at least it's minor.

Good lighting in these pics for sure.

View attachment 178865View attachment 178866View attachment 178867View attachment 178868View attachment 178869
Congrats, looks great! Thanks for providing an update. It’s the follow up posts like these that are important and useful to other members. How old are you now? Do you still have the pics from before you started Finasteride? I noticed they no longer appear in your first post.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude your hair looks amazing what the f*** This a dream if I were you I’d Throw in ru 25-50 mg oral castor oil and micro needling or get a killer transplant

Thank you!

Congrats, looks great! Thanks for providing an update. It’s the follow up posts like these that are important and useful to other members. How old are you now? Do you still have the pics from before you started Finasteride? I noticed they no longer appear in your first post.

Thanks! Yeah I try to come back and give updates to show treatments do work, some just respond better of course and it it depends on when you started.

I'm almost 34.

Here's my hair before any treatments at 20 IIRC.

beforetreatmentall.jpg

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you!

Thanks! Yeah I try to come back and give updates to show treatments do work, some just respond better of course and it it depends on when you started.

I'm almost 34.

Here's my hair before any treatments at 20 IIRC.

View attachment 178897
Your hair has legit maintained most men even with no androgentic alopecia have a decline