Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 2.6 YEARS UPDATE Page 5

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
No problem guys. I shaved my head again with no guard. Really prefer it this way, don't need to worry about another trim for at least a month. Bald spot is about the same, hairline too but I can see it's slowly receding more on my "strong" side. I hope my hair loss it doesn't speed up and I can continue maintaining until I'm at least 30 but the odds are against me with my family history and onset of my aggressive male pattern baldness at 19.

Sorry for the quality, had to use my camera phone and didn't realize how unclear they came out.

Attachments

• 2012-08-13 11.35.59.jpg
    2012-08-13 11.35.59.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 715
  • 2012-08-13 11.36.32.jpg
    2012-08-13 11.36.32.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 720

jazz1

Reaction score
You tried RU? And copper peddles? Iv ordered RU for my hairline, I also use eucapil and folligen cream I buy of here that works aswell as s5 cream and revivogen. I hope the RU can build my hairline more.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 2.10 YEARS UPDATE Page 7

You tried RU? And copper peddles? Iv ordered RU for my hairline, I also use eucapil and folligen cream I buy of here that works aswell as s5 cream and revivogen. I hope the RU can build my hairline more.

No I haven't.

Closing in on 3 years now since I started treatments and 4 years since I started balding. Nothing really new to report, been keeping my hair buzzed for the last couple months. Only depressing thing is there's a half inch part of the middle of my hairline that's miniaturizing, I noticed it a couple months ago and it's definitely going. Vertex doesn't seem worse, same with density. And the attached pics I took today.

Attachments

• 2012-09-09 09.23.12.jpg
    2012-09-09 09.23.12.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 706
  • 2012-09-09 02.19.55.jpg
    2012-09-09 02.19.55.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 587
  • 2012-09-09 02.14.50.jpg
    2012-09-09 02.14.50.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 580

Lumpy

Reaction score
Really cool thread. Just made an account to post on here. I'm 22.5 years old. Noticed diffused thinning a year ago. I started using rogaine foam 2 months ago an experienced a big shed. Started taking .5 propecia daily 2 weeks ago. This shed was brutal. My crown became very noticeable and my temples have recessed a bit, but temples aren't where I'm hurting. Also the top of my head thinned out a bit from the shed. I use nixoral 1% 3 times a week.

Any advice for me? What do you think about this shed? Any tips?

Your sucess is very inspiring. I too would love to keep some hair till I'm 30. (Only say 30 cause I know I can't keep it forever)

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Lumpy -Thanks. My advice is to stick with treatments, shedding is part of the game. I saw the most re-growth at 6-9 months. I started losing my hair at 19 so I'd love to also have most of my hair until 30 too even though the odds are against me.

And a quick update, here's my hair now (or head I should say). I shaved it again yesterday and I quite like it it even though my head gets cold easily. I've been on treatments now for a little of 3 years and still have full coverage despite my hairline still slowing disappearing and my crown forming a bald spot. Both of which are imperceptible of course when I shave my head.

Attachments

• 2012-12-11 18.31.42.jpg
    2012-12-11 18.31.42.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 482
  • 2012-12-11 18.32.06.jpg
    2012-12-11 18.32.06.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 574
  • 2012-12-11 18.32.42.jpg
    2012-12-11 18.32.42.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 543
  • 2012-12-11 18.32.22.jpg
    2012-12-11 18.32.22.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 545
  • 2012-12-11 03.34.42.jpg
    2012-12-11 03.34.42.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 506

jazz1

Reaction score
Eucapil works when shedding works for me.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Been about 3.3 years now on treatments and about 5 years since I started losing my hair at 19 1/2.

Nothing new to report but here's pic from about two weeks ago. There's an area at the front right of my hairline that's almost completely bald but you can't see it in this pic. I'm actually growing my hair out finally, I'm curious if I can still make it look decent with gel when it's long enough. Will post pics in a few months. If not, back to shaving or no guard buzz.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 659

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
In my opinion your hairline looks good. At least your frontal hairline haven't shrunk as mine did before I understood to jump on finasteride. And for the second you can really pull of shaved head ( good shaped head ). If I would have been able to keep that kind of a hairline I would be so happy.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
same here, Man In Space. I have that U shaped hairline too. Strong at the very front middle, but it's worthless if there is not much to the sides of it. You just can't do much with that.

vjmurthy

Reaction score
Hello SuprisedGuy, please give me some suggestions. I have started using Minoxidil 10% from last two days as my doctor prescribed it, but the problem is I see people claiming that if we start using mx we must not stop. It seems we loose all hair that was gained also our good hair, is it true? please give me some suggestion.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
3.5 years on treatments now. Grew my hair out for three months, looked decent but I needed to shave it off. Snapped a few pics today right after using the headblade for the first time. It gives a great smooth shave but I cut my head a few places in the back, my fault though for being too hasty. If I can keep what I have now (most of it anyways, I expect further miniaturization of my hairline and general thinning) until I'm thirty, I'll look into hair transplants. Applying rogaine on my bald dome is a b**ch though.

Attachments

• DSC01625.jpg
    DSC01625.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 695
  • DSC01619.jpg
    DSC01619.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 673

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SuprisedGuy about your continual loss of ground, if u don't use nizoral / keto 2% do. And instead of it sitting for 5 mins, let it sit for like 30 mins. You'd be surprised how it will help. I let mines sit a long time and it's almost wiped my hair fall out com-plete-ly. Now I have a compounded version of keto in a hair softening/hair friendly shampoo. But if your hair can take or if u can put a conditioner in afterwards, letting keto stay on longer will def help. Just if u r using the nizoral 2% from most pharmacy's, test this first as it may cause irritation and cant do it with that formulation.

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk wouldn't be better and more effective to use the cream instead?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I'm switching to EOD dutasteride soon and hopefully I'll see some improvement. I am worried my hair will worsen but I took dutasteride for a month once and saw no difference so we'll see.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
So not too far away from being four years on treatments and considering my nw6/7 hair loss pattern, the fact I still have a lot of hair is amazing. Despite my previous comments of digging the bald look and pulling it off okay, I'm probably not going to shaving my head again for some time. Maybe never again. I've decided I'm going to have hair so that means continuing meds with a concealor in the future, hair transplant or a hair system if it gets to the point.

I tried dutasteride for 3 weeks and got some sexual sides, libido went to **** so I got off. Been of finasteride again and sex drive is normalizing it seems. Here's my hair now.

Attachments

• DSC01825.jpg
    DSC01825.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 587
  • DSC01828.jpg
    DSC01828.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 602
  • DSC01831.jpg
    DSC01831.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC01834.jpg
    DSC01834.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 626
  • DSC01833.jpg
    DSC01833.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 581

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
To chime in here.

A) Your hair looks just about normal and your hairline is what one would have for your individual traits, or close to it. finasteride and minoxidil (once a day?) have done wonders for you even you had roller coaster the first year or two (?). They will work probably forever. Save dutasteride or anything for later, just in case. You will regret it later if you further add anything now for no good reason

B) Please do not bring later age as a factor for your relief and coming to terms with hairloss. It does not get any better, but even worse with age-you all will know.

I shake my head when I read such comments from certain age group whether it be in any decade of life, to be surmising to be fine with it in "later years." You will regret it. Either accept it now or you will never.

Thanks for your updates. And if you could please confirm to us, that you used a) dutasteride for extensive duration, b) did not do anything for you, and c) quitting did not make any difference? Thanks again

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Mentalist, thanks for your thoughts.

To chime in here.

A) Your hair looks just about normal and your hairline is what one would have for your individual traits, or close to it. finasteride and minoxidil (once a day?) have done wonders for you even you had roller coaster the first year or two (?). They will work probably forever. Save dutasteride or anything for later, just in case. You will regret it later if you further add anything now for no good reason

Yes finasteride and min once a day for 3.8 years except for the periods I tried dutasteride. I had peak recovery at 6-9 months and I've been slowly losing density since. I'm at baseline or slightly above it.

B) Please do not bring later age as a factor for your relief and coming to terms with hairloss. It does not get any better, but even worse with age-you all will know.

I shake my head when I read such comments from certain age group whether it be in any decade of life, to be surmising to be fine with it in "later years." You will regret it. Either accept it now or you will never.

You misunderstood me, I never said I felt relief for being 24 and still having hair. You don't lose half your hair like me in a year and half at 19 years old and think you're in the clear just because you've responded to meds. Like I said my destiny (if I didn't intervene of course) is to be slick bald and have my sides thin too. I have completely accepted I will need to stay on meds indefinitely and I expect further hair loss as I get older. FUE/BHT and/or a hair system will be in my future.

Thanks for your updates. And if you could please confirm to us, that you used a) dutasteride for extensive duration, b) did not do anything for you, and c) quitting did not make any difference? Thanks again

I used dutasteride two years ago (if you go back some pages you'll find my entries about it) for about 4 months before I ran out. I experienced a decrease in libido which came back a few weeks later. If I recall, I didn't see any noticeable improvement or worsening of my hair while on dutasteride.

May of this year I started dutasteride again EOD for about a monthish and noticed a significant drop off in my sex drive. This could have been unrelated to dutasteride as I was under a lot of stress but I chose to get off it. I also noticed an increase in acne on my face but again, I can't be sure it was the dutasteride that caused it. No change in hair as far as I can tell. Back on finasteride now.

Hope this helps!

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
I am sorry I was not clear, made poor choice of words. I was saying that some here , let's say in 20's, say that they just wanna pull it off to till they are 30 and then they would be ok with hairloss, no problem. This is a bad attitude towards older years of one's own life or of others. No, hairloss is still not ok in later years, but makes you even more miserable-As you approach middle/old-age, you are losing your youth every day and now hair too

Your acne was probably caused by excessive floating Test. that dutasteride. prevented from converting it to dht.

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
To chime in here.

I agree, I roll my eyes when I hear teens to twenty somethings say "but when I'm 30+, it won't matter as much." Yes it will. To loose your hair later in life will be one more slap in the face. It may in fact make be worse. You'll have hair loss, which will further age you, in addition to the pile of complaints you'll have about getting older in general.

To the twenty something and younger crowd, go ahead and put that non-sense line in the grave where it belongs. You'll want hair now and forever, age will not diminish the hurt of losing your hair one damn bit.