Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 2.6 YEARS UPDATE Page 5

chaosp

Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 21 MONTH UPDATE Page 4

Fair enough. Though to be honest, I really don't see any difference. Especially in your longer hair photos; if there was a bald spot it would be pronounced. When your head is buzzed, the light bouncing off your hair can give the look that there is some hair loss. But, that's just my observations.

All in all, I think you are holding on really good. Do whatever works best :)

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Appreciate your input but my bald spot definitely isn't lighting, this is the pic from pg 3.

Attachments

• 2011-06-13 03.03.40.jpg
    2011-06-13 03.03.40.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 834

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Okay so it's been about 2 years since I started using rogaine and finasteride (was on dutasteride for four months up until a few weeks ago) and here are some new pics.

It's odd but I swear my hair looks better in these pics than in real life, it looks thicker than it is. Still the good news is my density is still above baseline and my hairline is still pretty much the same.

Anyway, a question for those reading, since I started thinning at age 19.5 and I seemed to have inherited my grandfather's genes (he lost all his hair in his early 20's), what's my prognosis?

I worry about my bald spot even though it doesn't seemed to have gotten noticeably worse since it popped up at month 11 of treatment. I must have at least moderate male pattern baldness to have started at 19 and gotten pretty thin by 21 (see page 1 for my baseline pics).

Attachments

• DSC01130.JPG
    DSC01130.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 878
  • DSC01133.JPG
    DSC01133.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC01134.JPG
    DSC01134.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 549
  • DSC01135.JPG
    DSC01135.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 557
  • 2011-11-02 18.42.54.jpg
    2011-11-02 18.42.54.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 648

STEE77

Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 2 YEAR UPDATE Page 5

I can see definite thickening. I have conceded my temples region (although I would be open to progress!) but I would love to see thickening like this occur on me. Good job

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 2.3 YEARS UPDATE Page 5

I haven't been on the site in months but I've been growing my hair out to see how it looks and to my surprise its pretty decent. Still haven't recovered the awesome gain I had at the 9 month/1 year mark but it hasn't seemed to get worse.

My one temple is still pretty shitty and my growing bald spot is still there but my hair being longer as always covers most of it. Density is about the same too but as you can see in the close ups, the front is thin although to the untrained eye no one would notice.

Still on 1.25mg finasteride and 1x rogaine a day.

Attachments

• DSC01229.JPG
    DSC01229.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 659
  • DSC01223.JPG
    DSC01223.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC01222.JPG
    DSC01222.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 502
  • DSC01221.JPG
    DSC01221.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 497
  • DSC01219.JPG
    DSC01219.JPG
    336 KB · Views: 495
  • DSC01218.JPG
    DSC01218.JPG
    465.4 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC01230.JPG
    DSC01230.JPG
    609.6 KB · Views: 539

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I love your hair and want to swap please

no :gay2:

Good job you stuck with it the meds, its really paying off, i bet all that hair is good fun to style

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Man in Space said:
I love your hair and want to swap please

no :gay2:

Good job you stuck with it the meds, its really paying off, i bet all that hair is good fun to style

Thanks man but to be honest I never style my hair except maybe some gel now and then. I've never been one to really care how my hair looked, in fact before I started losing my hair I'd never get haircuts because how terrible they'd turn out so I usually kept it pretty short. It's funny I used to hate my hair and now like all of us, I'm doing everything I can to save it!

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Part of the joy of having as much hair as yours is not having to style it, I couldnt dream of going out with out mine carefully styled into place!

Either way its looking good for you up there dude and i hope it continues

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Man in Space said:
Part of the joy of having as much hair as yours is not having to style it, I couldnt dream of going out with out mine carefully styled into place!

Either way its looking good for you up there dude and i hope it continues

I appreciate the support. What state is your hair in btw? Norwood?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I would say Im about an NW2 but I would have been N3 within a few years if I started meds. Only receding, no diffusing. Meds have been working for me and restored a lot of hair but I think my temples and parts of my hairline are gone for good so Ive scheduled a meeting with a hair transplant surgeon do consult about getting a small FUE touch up. I have similar temples to you and the tip of my hairline starts in a similar place to yours but your are lucky in that you have a wide V shape for a hairline whereas mine has rounded off into a U shape which is what makes styling hard as I cant wear my hair spiked up as thats when it becomes obvious that its thinning, styled down i generally get away with it. Oh but to be able to just wash it and leave it brushed up like you can, that would make all the difference to me!

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

So you don't have much thinning, only receding? My father was "lucky" enough to have that kind of hair loss, same density but just the hairline moving farther back after his 20's. He's an Norwood 4/5 now but he pulls it off because he's got a great head shape. Unfortunately I got his fathers genes and he was an NW6 by his mid 20's! I'd be in the same boat had I not got on finasteride/rogaine.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Damn genetic lottery!! Yout father was lucky, it sure doesnt suit me!! Poxy hairloss, still at least your getting results and long may it continue!

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Time for another update, been growing may hair out for a couple months. My bald spot hasn't seemed to have gotten worse and my long hair covers it up nicely. Overall density is the same and my weak temple may have recessed a bit more but I really can't be sure. I'm closer to an NW2 on that side and a NW1 on my strong side.

I do have a little bit of gel in my hair so my hair looks thicker than it actually is.

Attachments

• DSC01338.JPG
    DSC01338.JPG
    640.7 KB · Views: 629
  • DSC01344.JPG
    DSC01344.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 507
  • DSC01339.JPG
    DSC01339.JPG
    492.2 KB · Views: 513

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I shaved my head a couple weeks ago, I got sick of my hair and plus it's summer. When I'm in the bathroom styling my hair for 15 minutes before going out, it's time for a head shave. Before my hair loss I always had my hair buzzed because it was easy to maintain and I hated my hair when it was long. And I look pretty decent with short hair so I think I'll keep it buzzed for now, that will help keep my mind off my hair and I won't have to worry about styling it.

Here's a pic, I think I'm a solid NW2 now on both sides. Which means the meds have saved most of my hair but I'm still experiencing temple recession and crown thinning albeit slowly. I'm still taking 1.25mg finasteride and rogaine application daily.

Attachments

• June 2012.jpg
    June 2012.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 597

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
Thanks for the update!
Are you still getting meds from Inhouse Pharmacy.biz ?? Or have you been getting them somewhere else?? If so where? I just want to find a place that has legitimate finasteride without breaking my bank...

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update!
Are you still getting meds from Inhouse Pharmacy.biz ?? Or have you been getting them somewhere else?? If so where? I just want to find a place that has legitimate finasteride without breaking my bank...

Yep inhouse. And they're legit don't worry or else I'd be an NW6 by now.

mrfifs

Reaction score
hey which one you got from inhouse? fincar 5mg?