Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 2.6 YEARS UPDATE Page 5

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 17 MONTH UPDATE Page 2

SuprisedGuy said:
terrapin12 said:
You still look like you're well above baseline, you're probably obsessing over it to much. When hair is short, it tends to looks thin. And I know, because I had fine hair before male pattern baldness started.

I meant my left temple was close to baseline, although my hair isn't as thick as it was I agree its still in better shape than 17 months ago. It's not noticeable in the new pics but it's disappointing to know I've lost some ground (front of my hair is especially less dense). Still I know a lot of people have way less hair so I'm still grateful for the improvements I've had.

Thanks for the input.
If you just put a bit of topikk there then your hair would look awesome man! Well done on the regrowth!

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

It looks OK, definitely not as good as your peak recovery.

Hopefully dutasteride will help you out. Make sure your minoxidil applications are consistent. The only other thing I can suggest is the addition of a topical antiandrogen like spironolactone cream or that CB stuff a lot of guys are ordering.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

when you say you apply the liquid all over, do you mean just the top?

And do you apply on a dry scalp or wet scalp?

And how much do you apply ?

Thanks

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

TheGrayMan2001 said:

Hopefully dutasteride will help you out. Make sure your minoxidil applications are consistent. The only other thing I can suggest is the addition of a topical antiandrogen like spironolactone cream or that CB stuff a lot of guys are ordering.

What's trips me out is how much thinner my left temple is than my right and it really is the only noticeable sign that I'm losing hair.

Thanks for the suggestions.

irishpride86 said:

Thanks

All over my head and generally 2 ml a day on a dry scalp.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

SuprisedGuy said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

What's trips me out is how much thinner my left temple is than my right and it really is the only noticeable sign that I'm losing hair.

Thanks for the suggestions.

irishpride86 said:

Thanks

All over my head and generally 2 ml a day on a dry scalp.

wait, all over including, back and sides ? or just top ?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Not that I mind answering questions but why are you so interested in where I apply rogaine?

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Because, you have had success, and im gathering info based on your success.

So where all do you apply, thanks

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Well I've been assessing my hair last few days and I think I've gotta accept that it's gonna keep it getting worse in spite of finasteride and minoxidil. The dutasteride I was taking awhile back ran out within 3 weeks or so and I couldn't afford anymore. I just reordered a batch and plan to stick with it until I see results, hopefully.

This has really depressed me the last few days, as you can see my density is close to baseline and now the bald spot in the back of my head is becoming more prominent. In the last week I've been applying minoxidil 3x a day and since my dutasteride ran out I've been taking 2.5 mg of finasteride a day.

I guess my male pattern baldness is the agressive type that I got from my grandfather on my father's side since he lost most of his hair in his early 20's. This really sucks, especially after my peak recovery at 9 months. Any suggestions guys? I know there isn't much else I can do other than start taking dutasteride consistently, I just hope it doesn't get worse.

I posted my baseline pics from pg 1 after the new one's so you can compare.

Attachments

• beforetreatmentall.jpg
    beforetreatmentall.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 569
  • 2011-06-13 03.03.40.jpg
    2011-06-13 03.03.40.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 511
  • 2011-06-11 23.06.40.jpg
    2011-06-11 23.06.40.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 496
  • 2011-06-11 23.06.16.jpg
    2011-06-11 23.06.16.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 495

Martin83

Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 19 MONTH UPDATE Page 3

At least it doesn't look any worse than the baseline though, don't you see that as a success? I would advice you to take it easy on the finasteride though, 2.5mg a day?...

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Martin83 said:
At least it doesn't look any worse than the baseline though, don't you see that as a success? I would advice you to take it easy on the finasteride though, 2.5mg a day?...

I suppose it's except my hair improved substantially and has regressed so I've lost quite a bit of ground even though I've been on treatments. Not to mention that bald spot wasn't their 19 months ago so my male pattern baldness has gotten worse.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey all,

so I've been growing my hair out this past month and been taking 0.5 mg of dutasteride a day and applying rogaine 1-2x a day. My hair's about the same, still really thin on my left front side however it hasn't gotten worse I don't think. My bald spot that was developing is pretty much invisible, I think it's more to my hair being longer but perhaps dutasteride has helped.

Sorry for the awful quality pics, had to use my cell phone. From far away my hair looks fine but up close you can see the thinning, in fact my hair line on the left has recessed a bit more as those hairs have been miniaturizing.

Attachments

• 2011-07-10 17.07.31.jpg
    2011-07-10 17.07.31.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 526
  • 2011-07-10 17.40.59.jpg
    2011-07-10 17.40.59.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 449
  • 2011-07-10 17.10.28.jpg
    2011-07-10 17.10.28.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 455
  • 2011-07-10 17.09.16.jpg
    2011-07-10 17.09.16.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 453
  • 2011-07-10 17.09.57.jpg
    2011-07-10 17.09.57.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 448
  • 2011-07-10 17.22.10.jpg
    2011-07-10 17.22.10.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 468

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 20 MONTH UPDATE Page 4

I'm sort of in the same spot as you. My hair looks fine from a distance and the top isn't really that bad anymore on finasteride\minoxidil, but the hairline STARTED to recover but then sort of regressed, it just hasn't really done much. I'd really love to keep my current hairline if only I could thicken it up.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

TheGrayMan2001 said:
I'm sort of in the same spot as you. My hair looks fine from a distance and the top isn't really that bad anymore on finasteride\minoxidil, but the hairline STARTED to recover but then sort of regressed, it just hasn't really done much. I'd really love to keep my current hairline if only I could thicken it up.

Same here, if I could have the same density I had when I was 6-9 months into my treatments I'd be over the moon. I didn't realize then how well recovered my hair was until it started regressing after the year mark.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm almost 23 so I think my odds aren't very good that I'll prevent my hair loss from worsening beyond a few more years from now. I am hopeful as always, still it would have been nice though if my male pattern baldness kicked in when I was 30 instead of 20!

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

SuprisedGuy said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

Same here, if I could have the same density I had when I was 6-9 months into my treatments I'd be over the moon. I didn't realize then how well recovered my hair was until it started regressing after the year mark.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm almost 23 so I think my odds aren't very good that I'll prevent my hair loss from worsening beyond a few more years from now. I am hopeful as always, still it would have been nice though if my male pattern baldness kicked in when I was 30 instead of 20!

We are probably within a couple months of each other, I'm almost 23 as well.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Been growing my hair since my last update, I figured in case my thinning speeds up I'm keep it as long as possible. The quality of pics aren't that good because I had to use my camera phone but as you see, other than an increase an length everything's pretty much the same. Can't really complain, hair is in much better shape than baseline.

Density is roughly the same but not as thick as 6-9 months into treatment. Only my left temple has shown more recession, albeit minor and not noticeable when my hair is long. If you compare my left temple at 9 months to it now, there's been definite miniaturization. My right one is still holding up it seems.

Treatment wise, still rogaine at least once a day and been on dutasteride for nearly 2 months. Only annoying thing about my hair length is the huge amount of flakes form the rogaine after it dries.

Btw, first picture and third picture are of my left temple. It's NW2 correct?

Attachments

• 2011-08-22 18.35.00 - Copy.jpg
    2011-08-22 18.35.00 - Copy.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 451
  • 2011-08-22 18.35.33 - Copy.jpg
    2011-08-22 18.35.33 - Copy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 417
  • 2011-08-22 18.39.52 - Copy.jpg
    2011-08-22 18.39.52 - Copy.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 447
  • 2011-08-22 19.02.08.jpg
    2011-08-22 19.02.08.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 429

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score

SuprisedGuy said:

Trust me, even then it isn't fun. You know life continues even with 30 on the clock :woot:

...but I understand what you mean. I think I can handle it better than I could have ten years ago.

Seiya

Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 21 MONTH UPDATE Page 4

Any specific reason why you changed from finasteride to dutasteride?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Seiya said:
Any specific reason why you changed from finasteride to dutasteride?

I'd been seeing a decline in density since the year mark, as well as a bald spot developing so I'm assuming finasteride was losing it's effectiveness as my male pattern baldness was accelerating. I switched to dutasteride a couple months ago since it's stronger and I have yet to see noticeable improvement. It still looks the way it did at 19 months (pg 3).

chaosp

Reaction score

Why have you not ruled out rogaine or whatever form of minoxidil you are taking as the culprit for your decreased density? That seems more likely than the finasteride having a decreased effect.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

leftyom said:
Why have you not ruled out rogaine or whatever form of minoxidil you are taking as the culprit for your decreased density? That seems more likely than the finasteride having a decreased effect.

My male pattern baldness has accelerated if it's negating the effects of both, the bald spot I developed is proof of that. I switched to dutasteride because it's proven to be stronger than dutasteride.