Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 2.6 YEARS UPDATE Page 5

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
8.9 YEAR UPDATE Page 6

Hi guys, I decided to update now that enough time has passed since my old thread. I've been on nizoral, fincar and rogaine for about 9 months. So far I'm mostly pleased with the results. There hasn't been any significant re-growth after the the 6 month mark but I seem to be maintaining. My temple thinning is one area that hasn't noticeably re-grown although it hasn't gotten worse as far as I can tell so that's a victory I suppose.

Attachments

• After2.jpg
    After2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 4,879
  • After1.jpg
    After1.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 4,855
  • beforetreatmentall.jpg
    beforetreatmentall.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 5,748
Last edited:

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - Before/After

From the pics it looks to me that you have really responded well to the meds....The frontal region has improved a lot.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

compaq1 said:
here's a link to your old thread ...

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=58437

Looks great man , so u still on 1mg finasteride and rogain once a day ?

Yep, was out of nizoral and rogaine for a few weeks but I've been fairly consistent.

And am I NW1 still? I'm not certain if my hairline has receded but it may have slightly. The fact my temples are still looking pretty thin makes me think it'll recede more sometime soon.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

^Liquid and thanks for the feedback guys, I went through bit of shed recently and hopefully it'll thicken up a bit.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Other than a few ball aches when I first started taking them, none whatsoever.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Well I figured I should update since there's been some new developments. First of all, my density in general while above baseline has decreased in the back of my head (one side more than the other) and crown area. I cut my hair today and it shocked me how thin it had gotten and I had a bit of mini freak out. My hairline has receded slightly although it's not obvious really in the pics.

I took some pics but its frustrating that it doesn't accurately show how thin the back is but trust me its worse, I even showed my mom and she agreed.

Either 1. hair loss is getting more aggressive so finasteride/rogaine are now less effective which is the most likely scenario or B. the generic finasteride from inhouse is fake and I should get an actual prescription for the brand name just in case.

What do you guys think? BTW, my crown/back didn't start showing balding until the last 6 moths or so but rogaine had thickened it up. Oh and those two small lines at the back of my head are scars.

Attachments

• 14 months 4.JPG
    14 months 4.JPG
    588.6 KB · Views: 1,345
  • 14 months 3.JPG
    14 months 3.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 1,149
  • 14 months 2.JPG
    14 months 2.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 14 months 1.JPG
    14 months 1.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,148

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 14 MONTH UPDATE Page 2

What is your family history like on balding? Do the men keep most of their hair? Are all their hairlines receded back a bit? Do most of the women get thin hair after menopause?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Only one member of my family who has ALL his hair and that's my mothers brother, hes almost 50 and still NW1. My dad slowly balded throughout his 20s/30s but not much thinning, his hair line just receded back little by little and now he's Norwood 4/5 but his vertex is still in tact. His father lost most of his hair in his 20's. My mother's father as far as I remember didn't start balding til his 30's and now is his 70's he's lost most of hair.

My mother has been thinning after menopause but her mother still has thick hair, as does my mother's sister. My bro whose 28 just started thinning this past year and he's 6 years older me.

So it doesn't look good I take it, most of family having balded to some degree.

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score

Did you start losing hair after you starting using a new shipment from inhouse? Your hairline looks about the same as it did in month 9.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Well the finasteride I have now I probably bought 6 months ago or more so I can't blame any increase thinning on a new shipment. As for my hairline, yes it looks pretty much identical to a year ago however like I said, my temples have moved back a bit its just not obvious in photos yet. The temples are still thinning as you can see on the first page with one side worse than the other.

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score

My hair is just like yours. I too had great success at month 9, but then I reverted back to baseline at roughly month 14.
I'm at month 18 now, and it seems to be improving slowly but steadily.
I'm on legit finasteride 5mg 1/4 every day, rogaine foam/liquid twice a day and nizoral 2-3 times a week.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

So thought I'd update again since I've been letting my hair grow, only reason really is because my college graduation is coming up and my mom begged me too. I switched from finasteride to dutasteride a week ago and I'm still applying rogaine 1-2x a day all over my head.

As you can one of my temples have deteriorated more and is close to to the level of thinning before I started treatments which you can see on page 1. Right temple is still doing fine. Since my hair is longer the back of my head doesn't show any thinning that's more obvious when it's short. Overall density is lower than when my hair was at it's best at 9 months.

So what'd you guys think? Looks like my left temple is gonna keep getting worse and since I've lost density all over I think my balding is accelerating despite treatments. I'm hoping dutasteride has some positive effects.

Click to enlarge.

Attachments

• right.JPG
    right.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,016
  • left 2.JPG
    left 2.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 917
  • left 1.JPG
    left 1.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 939

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 17 MONTH UPDATE Page 2

You still look like you're well above baseline, you're probably obsessing over it to much. When hair is short, it tends to looks thin. And I know, because I had fine hair before male pattern baldness started.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 9 Months on Big 3 - 17 MONTH UPDATE Page 2

terrapin12 said:
You still look like you're well above baseline, you're probably obsessing over it to much. When hair is short, it tends to looks thin. And I know, because I had fine hair before male pattern baldness started.

I meant my left temple was close to baseline, although my hair isn't as thick as it was I agree its still in better shape than 17 months ago. It's not noticeable in the new pics but it's disappointing to know I've lost some ground (front of my hair is especially less dense). Still I know a lot of people have way less hair so I'm still grateful for the improvements I've had.

Thanks for the input.