Rch-01 And Tsuji And Hair Transplants

Hello43

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time posting on here so forgive me if this has already been explained.

I’m thinking of having a hair transplant this year, but I’m also awaiting potential releases from Tsuji and Shiseido. Of course, these may not even come out or at least not for a few years, but let’s assume for a second that they are both available in 2 years. If I get a FUE hair transplant now, would that affect me being a good candidate for these treatments? Could either of these replenish my donor area if I get a 5000 graft transplant?

Basically, if money isn’t an object, is it worth it getting a FUE transplant now and then getting one of Tsuji/Shiseido when they come out?

Thanks.

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes its worth it.

Even if those treatments come out in 2 years, they could be exclusive for Japanese residents.

I believe there was an Alzheimer treatment released under those new laws in Japan, and only residents could benefit from it.

The treatment is commercialized during phase 2 of testing, while they are still monitoring the situation, so it would make sense for them to treat people who can stay around and have regular consultation, and not foreigners.

Even though i hope it wont be like that, its a possibility, so, get your FUE if you have the money, i dont see why you could not benefit from it in the future.

In fact, you will be able to wait for those treatments for longer if your transplant work out fine.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure traditional transplants will be more economical for a long while. Tsuji is just for people with a shitty donor zone. More grafts but also an exponentially higher price per graft. Replicel doesn't do much in terms of regrowth, it's for maintenance.

So by all means have your transplant if it can solve your hairloss situation. If it's just a risky half-measure because of excessive hairloss then I would wait.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes its worth it.

Even if those treatments come out in 2 years, they could be exclusive for Japanese residents.

I believe there was an Alzheimer treatment released under those new laws in Japan, and only residents could benefit from it.

The treatment is commercialized during phase 2 of testing, while they are still monitoring the situation, so it would make sense for them to treat people who can stay around and have regular consultation, and not foreigners.

Even though i hope it wont be like that, its a possibility, so, get your FUE if you have the money, i dont see why you could not benefit from it in the future.

In fact, you will be able to wait for those treatments for longer if your transplant work out fine.
Can someone elaborate on this? Is it really the case that only Japanese residents can benefit from this?

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone elaborate on this? Is it really the case that only Japanese residents can benefit from this?

No but there could be a waiting list where Japanese citizens receive deference until they can scale up to meet demand.

Ibiza4300

Reaction score
I am pretty sure traditional transplants will be more economical for a long while. Tsuji is just for people with a shitty donor zone. More grafts but also an exponentially higher price per graft. Replicel doesn't do much in terms of regrowth, it's for maintenance.

So by all means have your transplant if it can solve your hairloss situation. If it's just a risky half-measure because of excessive hairloss then I would wait.

Where are you getting the “exponentially high price per graft” info from? I heard that Shisiedo/Replicel announced their pricing to be $900 USD for the treatment. But yeah with just under 20% increase in hair density at 6 months post treatment it’s a bit underwhelming. And keep in mind thats a subject who already is lacking in hair density. Hopefully they have better news which is/was supposed to be released this month.

Last edited:

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are you getting the “exponentially high price per graft” info from? I heard that Shisiedo/Replicel announced their pricing to be $900 USD for the treatment. But yeah with just under 20% increase in hair density at 6 months post treatment it’s a bit underwhelming. And keep in mind thats a subject who already is lacking in hair density. Hopefully they have better news which is/was supposed to be released this month.

I’m pretty sure in the safety trials the best responder was 22% at 2 years - not 6 months.

el_duterino

Reaction score
If it's in Japan it's going to cost like 3 times what people would pay in Europe /USA and take ages to be released as the regulators are very bureaucratic and risk averse
finasteride and minoxidil were approved like 10 years ago and cost a lot so do FUE

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

I was talking about Tsuji. I am just guessing, but the whole procedure sounds very labour intensive and complex. Also Tsuji mentioned a high initial cost.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you guys really overestimate how many people even have this on their radar. when i talk to balding friends in real life they don't know what the f*** rch-01 even is. some dudes don't even know there are new approaches to treat hair loss besides finasteride. some guys simply don't care and those who are on finasteride mostly stopped following the hairloss news.

i mean sure, there will be a couple of thousand men who will want to get this. but i don't think there is going to be a huge waiting list at all. i kind of compare it to skin regeneration with stem cells which is already being applied in japan. and its not like this is going to be breaking news on CNN, where there any news after the first successful trial? sure if you specifically searched for it. combine that with the fact that it will only be a maintenance treatment..

it is true however that the new legislation to speed up regenerative trials in japan does not exactly have the limitation in written words in it, however i talked to someone from japan on reddit and he said with most of this stuff the companies that provides the treatment has to update the regulation agencies with data all the time, therefore patients need to get check ups once in a while which will probably happen in a clinic where they injected those cells. however I am under the impression this only matters for tsuji- a treatment that has literally only been through a small clinical trial. rch-01 has been through quite a few now, larger ones as well and it might get treated differently. like, i can see people who get tsuji stuff having to follow up once a month in the conditional approval phase. but i doubt that sheisdo would offer rch-01 to the same conditions. but i don't know

but there is nothing that would for sure indicate that it wouldn't be available to foreigners from the start

I was referring to Tsuji - I agree, I don’t see there being tons of initial demand for RCH01. For something as advanced as hair cloning though, it really doesn’t matter how many people know about it now. As you said, people don’t follow hairloss news because nothing has come out in decades. But the launch of Tsuji’s technology will be world news in my opinion, and what seems like mild demand right now could become meteoric in no time.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Traditional Hair Transplant doctors are always improving their techniques.
That said, some grafts will stay some will fade, just like your remaining hair.
So, my point is you still need a regimen. The problem is WHAT regimen with all the conflicting information out there.
Luckily one can obtain just about every medication/supplement.