Rate Of Hair Loss Per Day On Minoxidil

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally have a question that I have a difficult time finding an answer to online as my question is confounded with questions pertaining to the initial shed on minoxidil, whether or not minoxidil is enough to stop Androgenetic Alopecia, etc.

How does the number of hairs lost per day change with the use of minoxidil? Does the number of hairs shed per day drop dramatically after the initial shed? Is it cyclic with sheds? Is the rate of loss unaffected? Specifically, I would like answers from those who have used minoxidil with a decent amount of hair left (e.g. diffuse thinners).

Again, I am not asking for answers pertaining to a cosmetic difference or an increase in hair counts or thickness on the scalp, but rather about the number of hairs lost per day.

On a related note, people who use finasteride or dutasteride often note a dramatic reduction in the rate of shedding after any initial adjustment period. I wonder, if finasteride and minoxidil are used together, how one may gauge how well he is responding to finasteride versus simply seeing initial growth from minoxidil.

Edit: Wrong section. Meant to post in shedding. @Admin please delete