Rash Around Eyes *possible Allergic Reaction*

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello, I noticed a rash around my eyes a couple weeks ago. They look like tiny red pimples and redness around my eyes. I also feel a bit itchy.. I've been on finasteride, biotin and other supplements for almost a year.

Could I be allergic now? Anybody experienced anything similar on finasteride? Imma take a brake of everything for 2 weeks see how it goes, and slowly reincorporate to my regimen.
Do you use any topicals around your face? Do you use minoxidil?

uhoil

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you use any topicals around your face? Do you use minoxidil?

Yes I also use a hair lotion, which has minoxidil 2% every night, it could be a possibility that it has contact with my face over night since I like to sleep on my sides. I may have to take a break from that too

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yes I also use a hair lotion, which has minoxidil 2% every night, it could be a possibility that it has contact with my face over night since I like to sleep on my sides. I may have to take a break from that too
That sounds like what happened.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It-s still weird, since I-ve been using it since 10 months ago. Could an allergic reaction develop later on?
I have the exact same thing happen once in a while too. Its the minoxidil getting on the pillow and you rub your face in the pillow.

resu

Reaction score
I get an itch from the liquid minoxidil around the eye socket, I think it's the alcohol because stemox gave similar issues although not as strong at all. I think your rash is from the minoxidil solution too.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Can confirm this is minoxidil. I thoroughly clean my forehead and hands with soap and make sure my hair has had minoxidil in it for about an hour before I lay on my bed. And if it's sooner I just wear an old hoodie and use the hood as a barrier from
My head to the pillow