Rapid Norwood Progression In Female

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely hilarious! You allude to me being a troll, yet I am cleary bearing a consecutively used account; with postive like/dislike ratio. Rules are rules, you have no real argument; just obtuse statements. We need to focus on men absolutley first in this regard; this is all we have. Men and women are required to post in desinated sections; their section low-traffic isn't our issue.

Men and women sections are typically formulated because of the obvious differences in the reason for their hairloss - Ludwig vs Norwood . If a woman has Androgenetic Alopecia, it makes sense that they post here in the male section.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a woman who clearly has male patterned hair loss, not female. It happens and it sucks, especially when as a woman you go to a doctor and they just tell you “women don’t go bald”.

Nicola, she ? I'm confused, did you just assume them gender ? Is it really a woman ? What chromosome do they have ?

I ask because it's important in that case...i'm not trying to troll here

téléchargement.jpeg

Well maybe, but question still standing

Last edited:

Bluelilac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nicola, she ? I'm confused, did you just assume them gender ? Is it really a woman ? What chromosome do they have ?

View attachment 114340

Yes, it’s a woman. It’s from an article on PCOS. Which I was told I don’t have, so I’m just left even more confused about what’s happening to my hair.

Bluelilac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 114340

Ending up with hair like that woman is what I fear. I feel like I will lose all my femininity, I need to figure out what is going on/try to halt it. Your reaction to her is what I dread. Yeah, I’ll wear a wig if it gets to that, but I’m not sure I would want to live with myself regardless. It makes me feel repulsed with my own self, I’ll feel like a fake woman if it gets to that point. I already feel like a fake woman because this is happening to me and I’m surrounded by female relatives with normal feminine hair/hairlines. I feel mutated.

Bluelilac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be thankful you havent wound up like this girl (yet)

View attachment 114362

But that’s the thing, I’m headed there! I feel like with some men they hit a certain number on the Norwood scale and it slows or stops. I feel like that’s not the case with a lot of female hair loss. They just keep going until it looks like that photo you posted. My hair is getting so bad on the sides and they’re receded from temple to ear and my bangs are starting to thin out with intermediate and miniaturized hairs and now my back is going too. I just don’t think this is going to stop and it’s been happening pretty fast. I’m grateful my hair looks how it does now with extensions in but my hair looked way better just in October. In fact I posted here months ago and was told it didn’t look like I was thinning. I guess all I can do is keep trying treatments and enjoy what I have while I have it. I just don’t get why it’s happening so fast or why I’m losing my hairline when women supposedly rarely lose their hairline unless they have high androgens.

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
But that’s the thing, I’m headed there! I feel like with some men they hit a certain number on the Norwood scale and it slows or stops. I feel like that’s not the case with a lot of female hair loss. They just keep going until it looks like that photo you posted. My hair is getting so bad on the sides and they’re receded from temple to ear and my bangs are starting to thin out with intermediate and miniaturized hairs and now my back is going too. I just don’t think this is going to stop and it’s been happening pretty fast. I’m grateful my hair looks how it does now with extensions in but my hair looked way better just in October. In fact I posted here months ago and was told it didn’t look like I was thinning. I guess all I can do is keep trying treatments and enjoy what I have while I have it. I just don’t get why it’s happening so fast or why I’m losing my hairline when women supposedly rarely lose their hairline unless they have high androgens
All I have to say you then is you (probably) wont wind up like that.
I'd say your percentages are about 70 to 80 percent.

Now, if you do end up like that, you are basically fucked like the rest of us bald men!
I'm a Norwood 7 myself, and I'm gonna have to see Dr. Umar to make everything allright.

Not all is lost however: https://www.dermhairclinic.com/

This Nigerian man can do magic

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be thankful you havent wound up like this girl (yet)

View attachment 114362

They can literally put a socially accepted wig on, and carry on about their time on Earth. Even something like hair loss, isn't an equal issue. Yet here you are, the most you've ever contributed to the forum. I wish you could be banished to the women's sectionf; freerain to enable coping all you'd like then.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Men and women sections are typically formulated because of the obvious differences in the reason for their hairloss - Ludwig vs Norwood . If a woman has Androgenetic Alopecia, it makes sense that they post here in the male section.

Entirely incorrect, and you've been here longer than I have. The sectioning is so that men have a safe haven/support to dialogue on a common issue with other men. To speak vulnerably on how the adversity of hair loss effects their daily lives. If it were a matter of just differences in hair loss mechanism/charts. That could easily be distinguished all under the same section; wouldn't be a reason for separate sections.

The only women we collectively allow to post throughout men section is Georgie.
That is because she is insightful, friendly, and will try anything to get hair back.

How about just stating you don't mind, instead of outright being impartial/lying?

It reads, MEN SECTION. SAUSAGE FEST.MEN ONLY.

Last edited:

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Entirely incorrect, and you've been here longer than I have. The sectioning is so that men have a safe haven/support to dialogue on a common issue with other men. To speak vulnerably on how the adversity of hair loss effects their daily lives. If it were a matter of just differences in hair loss mechanism/charts. That could easily be distinguished all under the same section; wouldn't be a reason for separate sections.

The only women we collectively allow to post throughout men section is Georgie.
That is because she is insightful, friendly, and will try anything to get hair back.

How about just stating you don't mind, instead of outright being impartial/lying?

It reads, MEN SECTION. SAUSAGE FEST.MEN ONLY.

I obviously don’t mind anyone posting and contributing to any section - we all share a common goal.

Of this forum the only place to get help and insight on what is typically regarded as Androgenetic Alopecia is found here in the ‘male’ section. Women don’t typically have the same hair loss mechanisms and so being isolated to the ‘female’ section where their discussions surround different types of hairloss would seem pointless.

We all (apart from you) welcome all individuals suffering from a shared issue seeking help whether it be emotional or knowledge.

hoggle

Reaction score
I posted on the women’s forum and got zero replies. Also most women I find are balding in a completely different pattern from me. I don’t have classic FPHL. I’ve lurked around these forums and have seen women posting before so I didn’t think it would be an issue. If it is, mods can delete my post. I know doctors claim Androgenetic Alopecia is very common amongst females, but sure doesn’t seem like it. I think that’s why most of society holds the false belief that women don’t go bald, because most women who are struggling with hair loss don’t talk about. Even the FPHL subreddit is dead.

OMG i'm so glad i found this thread..I made a similar thread. i'm like an older version of you. I'm 35.

things we have in common:
norwood, Telogen Effluvium, insulin resistance, normal-low testosterone and dht, my dht is 13, no hirutism, i def have vellus hairs..more than you

i haven't had prolactin or coritsol tests. but i have a connective tissue disorder which causes chronic pain so i'm positive my cortisol is high at least part of the day, lol.

please contact me if you figure anything out. i'm lowering my insulin with a tiny bit of metformin and debating between topical finasteride and vitex. my periods are very heavy so i'm leaning towards vitex. maybe if they weren't so heavy my ferritin would increase slightly. i'm also going to try dermarolling bc..why not. zinc, nizoral shampoo...minoxidil helps but i still have frontal recession.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is androgenic alopecia in supersonic mode. I think if you have already failed on spironolactone then things will go south very fast and you will have to just see .I suggest you transplant .

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Under the supervision of a doctor to take estradiol, he is responsible for the emergence of new hair and their growth. I did not see your androgenic fat in the forehead area. Perhaps you have some drop in the level of estradiol in the blood of the woman lose their estradiol level in the blood and temples appear. Estradiol is very A useful hormone, I associate all diseases due to a drop in the level of the hormone. Obesity, osteoporosis, even a banal cold. Take it seriously to what I wrote.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Under the supervision of a doctor to take estradiol, he is responsible for the emergence of new hair and their growth. I did not see your androgenic fat in the forehead area. Perhaps you have some drop in the level of estradiol in the blood of the woman lose their estradiol level in the blood and temples appear. Estradiol is very A useful hormone, I associate all diseases due to a drop in the level of the hormone. Obesity, osteoporosis, even a banal cold. Take it seriously to what I wrote.

Estradiol isn’t as effective for treating FPHL, since they have tolerance for it. She would need to use flutamide/bicalutamide to experience evident results.

Bluelilac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I actually have good E2 levels, so estrogen isn’t the issue. I’ve checked them multiple times throughout my cycle and on multiple cycles, I order a lot of my own blood work as it’s easier at this point since endocrinologists haven’t done much for me, now I just run a lot of my own labs. The hair loss derm I like and regularly see says I do have Androgenetic Alopecia that was sped up from my CTE and to me it’s pretty clear that I do have DUPA pattern now, and as I’ve read before, the exact cause of DUPA isn’t fully understood and may or may not be DHT related so I think I’m just screwed. I’ve tried spironolactone, 5% topical minoxidil for a year, low androgen birth control, 2% ketoconazole shampoo, diet changes (my insulin is now too low when fasting and blood sugars are all under control), weight training (built muscle and lost body fat and i’m Already only 100-105 lbs but zero hair improvements), spearmint tea, vitamins, etc. I’m about to start oral minoxidil but am nervous, it’s worth a shot though. My front hairline and nape is now receding noticeably so I’m certain I’m screwed and destined for the worst possible outcome since it seems all of my scalpnis effected.

Bluelilac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is androgenic alopecia in supersonic mode. I think if you have already failed on spironolactone then things will go south very fast and you will have to just see .I suggest you transplant .

Yeah, it’s clearly aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia, I feel even though my hair loss derm says it’s mild but it is happening so fast and lots of doctors think my hair is okay still because I wear extensions to add density back so when my hair is styled it actually looks pretty nice. I have 56 tape in hair extensions in, last year I needed zero in the beginning of the year then around 15 when I started losing hair and it’s only gotten worse even though my shedding stopped. I have acquired progressive kinking of the hair as well, which has been associated with severe Androgenetic Alopecia. It’s so bizarre, my hair is turning into pubes! I’m losing all over my scalp but the front is hit the worst. I wish I could get a transplant and I’ve seen a hair transplant derm twice, but I can’t because all of my hair is thinning and miniaturizing so it would fail.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s clearly aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia, I feel even though my hair loss derm says it’s mild but it is happening so fast and lots of doctors think my hair is okay still because I wear extensions to add density back so when my hair is styled it actually looks pretty nice. I have 56 tape in hair extensions in, last year I needed zero in the beginning of the year then around 15 when I started losing hair and it’s only gotten worse even though my shedding stopped. I have acquired progressive kinking of the hair as well, which has been associated with severe Androgenetic Alopecia. It’s so bizarre, my hair is turning into pubes! I’m losing all over my scalp but the front is hit the worst. I wish I could get a transplant and I’ve seen a hair transplant derm twice, but I can’t because all of my hair is thinning and miniaturizing so it would fail.

Would you not consider the use of flutamide/bicalutamide? Within studies, flutamide is shown to be greatly effective for treating acne, hirsutism and female pattern hair loss. Since flutamide poses the risk of hepatic issues, it would be safer to use bicalutamide; which is a similar anti-androgen nonetheless. Although, bicalutamide has a significantly more desirable safety profile whilst being a stronger anti-androgen.

Bluelilac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OMG i'm so glad i found this thread..I made a similar thread. i'm like an older version of you. I'm 35.

things we have in common:
norwood, Telogen Effluvium, insulin resistance, normal-low testosterone and dht, my dht is 13, no hirutism, i def have vellus hairs..more than you

i haven't had prolactin or coritsol tests. but i have a connective tissue disorder which causes chronic pain so i'm positive my cortisol is high at least part of the day, lol.

please contact me if you figure anything out. i'm lowering my insulin with a tiny bit of metformin and debating between topical finasteride and vitex. my periods are very heavy so i'm leaning towards vitex. maybe if they weren't so heavy my ferritin would increase slightly. i'm also going to try dermarolling bc..why not. zinc, nizoral shampoo...minoxidil helps but i still have frontal recession.

Hi! Feel free to PM me. I’ll be starting oral minoxidil soon, but I’m certain I have DUPA and I kind of gave up trying to fix my hormone issues as now drs claim I don’t really have them anymore even though I was diagnosed with lean pcos, I still can’t eat sugar or carbs because if I do my blood sugar spikes sooo basically diabetes, and my cortisol in 24 hour urine is still consistently high. Basically I just control my blood sugar and insulin and since my androgens are not high and my sex hormone binding globulin is always high and I ovulate, drs say I’m fine now and don’t know what to do with me because I don’t check many boxers for pcos even though my ultrasound shows polycystic ovaries it’s confusing to them because I always have confirmed ovulation through ultrasound and cycle day 21 progesterone. Normal estrogen and progesterone levels always. Normal FSH and LH. just screwy cortisol. I was diagnosed with adenomyosis recently, but weirdly I have zero symptoms of it. I’ve read adeno can be caused by elevated prolactin (at least a study in cows showed that finding). I don’t think there is a fix anymore but I am convinced that my hair loss is NOT normal and is a sign of ill health. I can’t comphrehend how a 100 lbs woman with no family history of diabetes..gets diabetes that’s not type 1. I do realize type 2 is misunderstood and the media and drs spread a lot of misinformation about it and label it an obese person’s disease, which is false,...but it’s highly linked to genetics and I just don’t have any family members with it. My shedding improved big time once I went low carb sooo it must be linked to the hyperinsulinemia. I guess I’m just unlucky and have the genes for Androgenetic Alopecia. I sadly don’t think there is anything I can do to stop it but I’m still trying, my derm thinks I will have good luck with oral minoxidil.

I also tried Metformin but it made me way too sick and caused hypoglycemia. I do better managing my blood sugar and insulin through diet and weight training.

Feel free to PM me! It always helps to have others to talk to about this and share treatment options with.

Bluelilac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you not consider the use of flutamide/bicalutamide? Within studies, flutamide is shown to be greatly effective for treating acne, hirsutism and female pattern hair loss. Since flutamide poses the risk of hepatic issues, it would be safer to use bicalutamide; which is a similar anti-androgen nonetheless. Although, bicalutamide has a significantly more desirable safety profile whilst being a stronger anti-androgen.

Do you know if Flutamide is like Finasteride as in, drs wont prescribe it to a woman who is not done having children? I’m honestly willing to try anything, all I worry about is if it will cause a shed again as I don’t have much left to lose or if it will affect my fertility.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Bluelilac, post: 1806677, member: 135819"] У меня действительно хороший уровень E2, поэтому эстроген не в этом. Это было проще, потому что эндокринологии мало для меня сделали, теперь я могу управлять своими собственными лабораториями. У меня есть андрогенная алопеция, которая ускорилась из моего CTE, и у меня все ясно, что у меня сейчас есть паттерн DUPA, и, как я прочитал ранее, точная причина в том, что DUPA не совсем понятна и может иметь отношение к DHT, а может и нет, поэтому я думаю, что я просто облажался. Я пробовал спиронолактон, 5% актуальный миноксидил в течение года, низкий уровень андрогенного контроля над рождаемостью, 2% кетоконазольный шампунь, изменения в диете (мой уровень сахара в крови все под контролем), силовые тренировки (наращивание мышечной массы) только от 100 до 105 фунтов, но без улучшения волос), чай из мяты, витамины и т. д. Я собираюсь начать оральный миноксидил, но нервничаю, хотя стоит попробовать. И теперь, когда я уверена, что все в порядке, так как я уверен, что все мои скальпни затронуты. [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "Bluelilac, post: 1806677, member: 135819"] У меня действительно хороший уровень E2, поэтому эстроген не в этом. Я проверял их несколько раз на протяжении всего цикла и на нескольких циклах, я заказывал много собственной крови, поскольку на данный момент это проще, поскольку эндокринологи мало для меня сделали, теперь я просто управляю многими своими собственными лабораториями. , Дерма от выпадения волос, которую я люблю и регулярно вижу, говорит, что у меня есть андрогенная алопеция, которая ускорилась из моего CTE, и для меня довольно ясно, что у меня сейчас есть паттерн DUPA, и, как я прочитал ранее, точная причина DUPA не не полностью понят и может иметь отношение к DHT, а может и нет, поэтому я думаю, что я просто облажался. Я пробовал спиронолактон, 5% актуальный миноксидил в течение года, низкий уровень андрогенного контроля над рождаемостью, 2% кетоконазольный шампунь, изменения диеты (мой инсулин теперь слишком низок, когда натощак и уровень сахара в крови все под контролем), силовые тренировки (наращивание мышечной массы и потерял жир, и я уже только 100-105 фунтов, но ноль улучшения волос), чай из мяты, витамины и т. д. Я собираюсь начать оральный миноксидил, но нервничаю, хотя стоит попробовать. Моя передняя линия роста волос и затылок теперь заметно отступают, так что я уверен, что облажался и обречен на наихудший возможный результат, так как, похоже, все мои скальпни затронуты. [/ QUOTE]
I don’t think you should take oral minoxidil, since you haven’t determined the cause of your loss, you just accelerate the loss from minoxidil, You have a hormonal medication containing 2 ml of estradiol and 1 ml of cyproterone acetate on the market. 10 tablets containing 2 ml of estradiol + 1 ml of cyproterone acetate. Drink from 5 days of a cycle of 11 days to 1 tablet a day containing 2 ml of estradiol, the next 10 days, drink tablets containing 2 ml of estradiol + 1 ml of cyproterone acetate. 7 days break. Do not even think about drinking antiandrogens !!! Antiandrogens are taken only when combined with estrogen !!!

Attachments

• B76D2E14-1938-4400-801E-CE983E9AC880.jpeg
    B76D2E14-1938-4400-801E-CE983E9AC880.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 93