Rage's Story (monthly pics included)

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Well.. i *think* i've been losing hair for over 2 years.. the last year at school saw my styling-gel bucket full of hair!

Ah.. its moments like these when a few comments (perfectly valid i might add) put me off perspective. After a good sleep i remember about the styling-gel bucket, hairdresses comments, a fellow suffers comment, and most influential of all, my local doctor all saying that my hair was thinning..

i think i'll chalk this down to momentary insanity. THanks all

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your hair looks alot healthier on 2nd month, keep it up and you will really see good results in 6 months. :)

jpmorgan

Reaction score
While I'm sure most of us would love to trade our own hair for yours, I think you're probably right about the thinning.

I used to have a very thick head of hair, and I remember starting to see more of those "baby hairs" along the front hairline and the temple areas. I was growing my hair out longer at the time, so my hairline and temple areas weren't apparent to me on a daily basis.

After about two years, I asked some friends of mine (both with untreated male pattern baldness) about the baby hairs along the front hairline, and they told me I was starting to lose my hair.

Two more years of denial then went by before I looked into a treatment regimen. I was little past Norwood 2 when I started using minoxidil, Propecia, and Nizoral. I have about an inch of thinning vertically (toward the crown area), and 2 inches horizontally (toward my ears)--a horseshoe pattern, in other words. I also have some visible thinning in the crown area, but that's easily covered up with a little Dermmatch. My hairline is what bothers me. Even though I haven't receded a tremendous amount, the hair is thin and asymmetrical in the front.

Had I begun treatment during those 4 years of initial hair loss, I would probably still have a full hairline. I think you're on the right track. I sure wish I had decided to do something earlier.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
I look at photos of when i started balding and in most of them my hair looks great and you cant see any loss,but i was deffently losing it
it can be hard to take photos to show loss when you have just started to lose it

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't have that much hair ever .Judging by the pics I would have started on finasteride about age 13 .Thanks for the pics

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Back for the three month update..

Front
Right
Left
Back

It doesn't appear to have changed much from last month, then again my camera is acting up and i can't seem to get the colour to be the same. But if my hair can stay like this forever.. then i'll be happy.

Well, lets go onto side effects... yes I can positively say finasteride does effect "it".. if this doesn't go away by the years end, might have to reconsider finasteride :/

Other than that... I barely think about hairloss at all anymore, the treatment price alone was worth that :D

Cheers

Deaner

Reaction score
Well, from month 1 to 3, I've noticed a huge difference, but the same difference can be observed at month 2 as well. I think your hair's definitely become thicker over the course of treatment, just wish I knew if it was mainly the minoxidil, or the finasteride. I'm personally just doing finasteride right now, but if there's not enough regrowth, I may have to get on that regiment.

Good results, and good luck with the next 3 months :D

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
Rage there is nothing wrong with your hair . I didnt realize a hairloss in your hairline.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
its diffusing.. as someone commented in this thread, its very hard to take a picture of it.. male pattern baldness 100% in the family (and also told by doctor), so I'm looking for prevention.. it it thickens up then its a bonus!

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
finasteride is affecting "it"

finasteride is affecting "it"..........Rage hows it goin....I just turned 19...a little too young to be dealing with this kind of sh*t, but oh well, at least we have treatments availible to us.

OK so i was on finasteride about a year ago and i had some problems with "it". The only problem was when i was drinking though. If i was sober i could get it up fine. I know alcohol can do this alone but I have been able to get it up just fine while i was much more intoxicated then i was this time. So i got off it because i was at college at the time and drinking and sex were the main things on my mind. My hairloss was still not noticible to others. But after a while I knew that i had to get back on...my forehead of doom was approaching...i was in the eye of the storm and it was time to take action. So i ordered some sildenafil citrate quick tabs off the internet(generic v****) and started getting back on finasteride. I now take 8ths of the pill, twice a day, so 1.25mg perday. Its been 3.5 months on finasteride and i can have sex, while drunk even, with out the help of sildenafil. I used it a few times and it help me build my confidence up so much that i guess the side effects dissipated. The mind is a powerful thing, especially the subconscious, you may not think your thinking about it, but even the slightest mentioning of 3% of men get ED could make you as flacid as a pancake.

So what im tryin to say is dont get off finasteride...it was a mistake that i made and it definitely tooks its tole on my forehead. Try to build up trust and confidence with yourself and girlfriend (or whatever). Buy a few quicktabs if necessary. Also, l-arginine might be a natural alternative to v****. Read up about it if u want.

Roger Heeler

Reaction score
Hey RAge,

Looks like great progress! Actually, your initial hairline which you described as the "forehead of doom" resembles mine quite a bit. The actual hairline is intact however it is not as thick as it once was, and i'm finding a lot of hairs along the line curling forward instead of back.

Similar to your case, since my "thinning" is diffuse, no one can really notice except for me. It's strange though, I don't seem to find the hairs thinning in diameter - mostly a case of just having less hair on the head. As I posted somewhere else, I find the hairs of my head are coming out with a big white bulb at the end of them.

Did you think minoxidil worked good on your hairline or was that more of a Propecia effect? I'm interested in starting the minoxidil diet but wanted to avoid Propecia.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil makes you sprout all these little fluff hairs.. and in theory should thicken up what you have! I would have to recommend finasteride though.. because min is just a short/medium term solution, it only helps you grow hair to a point. You need something (eg finasteride) to slow the rest of you head falling off in the first place. Just hope that the side-effects aren't bad and dissipate !

But its debatable which caused the thickening up in my case.. but if I'd have to guess, i'd say minoxidil. finasteride is probably had a more general effect.

Oh yeah, I've noticed something else about min.. my eyebrows have become quite thick.. if i grow a monobrow i'm going to scream hehe :d

DovF

Reaction score
It looks like you have some growth in the front after 3 months.
Good for you!

Have you tried Nizoral?
I sometimes alternate it with T-Gel and it works nicely.

What conditioner do you use?
I started a Green-Tea condition, that works nicely. (Green Tea not only gets rid of free radicals, but may reduce DHT.)

kamui

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Rage, so you have been thinning since 18? Oh and are you asian?