Quitting Masturbation - Hair growing thicker and thicker!

Boondock

Reaction score
balanceguardian = placeboing himself.

Even if you took dutasteride you won't see regrowth in 10 days. Hair growth doesn't work like that.

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
balanceguardian said:
My hair is getting thicker by the day. If your a diffuse thinner then this is the only treatment worthwhile. If you don't wanna believe me then don't, but the opportunity is there to regain your hair. Also it does get easier after the first 2 weeks or so.

Soooo, this is the *only* treatment eh?

Interesting statement of yours there, unfortunately it's incorrect; I was NW6 before starting Finasteride and I hated even touching myself "down there".

Look man, keep up your experiment if you want but don't go claiming it's a cure if you're not going to provide photographic evidence and make false claims about your "treatment".

Look mate, its clear youre a bitter freak of an individual who picks fights with specific people. Are you trying to get me kicked off this forum or something?
If you were a human being that felt peace with your own existence, then you would just let things be, including the fact that you were born a man. You would definitely allow my opinions on an experimental forum without getting personally involved. All you have to say is "where is the photographic evidence" in quite a moronic way. Its clear you're a moron.

Well, I took a couple of pics at the start of my finasteride treatment, but im too lazy for that kind of sh*t. I trust my judgjement and intuition and i learn through observation, rather than established study. Youre a moron that follows the masses and its established ways even if it meant you were led off the edge of a cliff, which is what i think you deserve.

I was on finasteride for almost a year. After a year of it, i have good and bad things to say about it. As soon as i started, i experienced a Telogen effluvium, due to the rise in T levels in my blood. My hair thinned out all over but improved a little after three months. My hair never really recovered to the pre finasteride state, but i do have to say it has evened out my bald patch and previuosly thinning temples. Ive been off it for almost two months because my body remained in a state of Telogen Effluvium throughout. My hair is quite evenly growing back thicker again. It looks like its on course to my pre finasteride state and im hoping it will go further. It is clear to me now that elevated T levels causes diffuse thinning. To help things along, Ive been abstaining from orgasm for 7 weeks now but i will resume to once every week after another 3 weeks. I experience nocturnal emissions on average once every 10 days, and that is probably the limit of wthholding my minerals without them becoming poisounous to my body.

Merck will have you believe that once you take finasteride you have to take it forever or you will die or something. I wonder why they make you believe this? :whistle:

I believe that there are two types of genetic weakness in us balding men. One for DHT and one for Testosterone. Its harder to control the DHT based hairloss because of its potency, but a lot easier to control the Testosterone type of hairloss. Aerobic exercise for one example is known to reduce excess testosterone in the blood. Im not saying abstaining from orgasm is the only cure but i believe it is the best 'most extreme regimen'.

Orgasming doesnt necesseraily raise the T levels in the body. In fact i believe it depletes the T levels. The body then creates the more potent DHT to counteract the depleted T levels. The trick is to maintain a healthy balance for as long as possible.

Id rather limit orgasm to once every week, than loose my c**** natural ability for good, which is what finasteride does to some extent in all men. My skin feels so much healthier after quitting and i dont feel tired all the time anymore. finasteride is a nasty but perhaps worthwhile drug in somecases.

From what ive read, it appears that orgasming releases other female hormones such as prolactin and also other substances that cause inflamation. From what ive read this is all bad for hairloss patients.

I appreciate that you have had wonderous achievements with your hair growth but you are on drugs that 99.9% of us will never take. Besides, youve also had transplants too, and alll we have from you is biased photographs. Photographs can be biased! Trust me i work as a graphic designer for a living. As a trained artist i pride myself on my observational skills and my obsession with the truth, even if it means degrading myself. I bet youre regrowth aint half as good as what you make it out to be, you can see that even in your avatar pic.

Im not a troll, im just trying to provide another case for something a lot of us clearly believe in. This is the experimental section so WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH A PROBLEM WITH IT!

Reaction score
Boondock said:
balanceguardian = placeboing himself.

Even if you took dutasteride you won't see regrowth in 10 days. Hair growth doesn't work like that.

Its clear youre an idiot that knows nothing.

If the follicles are given room to breathe they can start to grow within 10 days. Also existing shafts can grow thicker, ive read studies of it on this forum. (Dont ask me to find it coz im not that a***)

When the hair follicles are subjected to abuse or shock of some sort wether through stress or spikes in T or DHT, the follicles go into a Catagen and then a telogen phase which roughly lasts three months.

When people say they have been jerking off loads in one week and then their sheding increased, they are talking bollox.

But when im saying abstaining is allowing my hair to grow thicker week by week then im talking sense.

GeminiX

Reaction score
balanceguardian said:
Look mate, its clear youre a bitter freak of an individual who picks fights with specific people. Are you trying to get me kicked off this forum or something?
If you were a human being that felt peace with your own existence, then you would just let things be, including the fact that you were born a man. You would definitely allow my opinions on an experimental forum without getting personally involved. All you have to say is "where is the photographic evidence" in quite a moronic way. Its clear you're a moron. </snip>

I stopped reading your wall of rant at that point, it pretty much sums up the kind of person you are.

Just to be clear though, it's *you* who are the bitter individual, and it's *you* that started responding to my posts, not the other way round as you claim.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
thats it, I figured it out...that how Finasteride really works. It makes you so disinterested in sex that you quit wacking off and having having sex w/ your partner.

By abstaining from sex your hair actually is able to grow thicker....

Brilliant! :woot:

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing is funnier than seeing die-hard masturbators consistently bash the masturbation theories, as if the mere thought of negative masturbatory effects would turn their lives upside down.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
nohawk said:
Nothing is funnier than seeing die-hard masturbators consistently bash the masturbation theories, as if the mere thought of negative masturbatory effects would turn their lives upside down.
And nothing is funnier than obvious masturbation opponents trying to get more followers claiming masturbation causes baldness to worrying balding guys.

Someone already used the word "pure" to describe how he feels when not masturbating.
Another one said he feels depressed after masturbating.

Obviously you have other problems with masturbation besides hair loss and you don't even have the decency to hide your feelings towards masturbation in general.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To admit that I used to believe in this is embarrassing but now I feel liberated.
Anyway I still have a very low sex drive just like I did before starting propecia.

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
There's no concrete evidence for or against the theory that excessive masturbation or sex of any kind can accelerate or exacerbate hair loss/male pattern baldness (in those of us who are sadly susceptible to balding). So until such evidence comes to light I think it's only fair to keep an open mind on the subject. What is more interesting to me is when the people who suffer from male pattern baldness on this site first became sexually active and to what extent as I have a feeling that the earlier that is the quicker male pattern baldness kicks in. Could it be that those who become sexually active at a later age might keep their hair for longer?

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
nohawk said:
And nothing is funnier than obvious masturbation opponents trying to get more followers claiming masturbation causes baldness to worrying balding guys.

Someone already used the word "pure" to describe how he feels when not masturbating.
Another one said he feels depressed after masturbating.

Obviously you have other problems with masturbation besides hair loss and you don't even have the decency to hide your feelings towards masturbation in general.

Your argument seems vague and illogical on many counts. A believer of masturbatory abstinence, has nothing to gain from the recruitment of followers. I don't gain extra hairs by convincing you to not jack off five times a day. Therefore, the OPs argument is based on personal observation and is shared to help others. Precisely one of the many purposes of this entire forum is the ability to share these beliefs. But, even though we are all here to share opinions, I still find it hilarious that some people, like you, get so angry and offended by the idea that masturbation can be bad for your hair! An implicit assumption would be that your a true jack-off artist, and the thought that your artistry might negatively affect your hair-loss leaves you in a daily state of confusion and feeling of worry, which again is pretty hilarious.

now if you will excuse me, I'm going to masturbate.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
nohawk said:
Your argument seems vague and illogical on many counts. A believer of masturbatory abstinence, has nothing to gain from the recruitment of followers. I don't gain extra hairs by convincing you to not jack off five times a day. Therefore, the OPs argument is based on personal observation and is shared to help others. Precisely one of the many purposes of this entire forum is the ability to share these beliefs. But, even though we are all here to share opinions, I still find it hilarious that some people, like you, get so angry and offended by the idea that masturbation can be bad for your hair! An implicit assumption would be that your a true jack-off artist, and the thought that your artistry might negatively affect your hair-loss leaves you in a daily state of confusion and feeling of worry, which again is pretty hilarious.

now if you will excuse me, I'm going to masturbate.
Vague and illogical?
A believer of masturbatory abstinence maybe has nothing to gain, but he still preaches it. You could say the same about religion.

Again, you want something concrete? A user wrote that he feels depressed after masturbating.
Maybe in your mind is OK to feel guilty about masturbation but we are not in the 1800's anymore. Feelings of guilt about your sexuality need medical examination.

Angry? I don't know why I should be angry, I'm not the one that is being exhibited here.
I know masturbation doesn't causes hair loss. I'm not the one going against accepted theories.

I'll admit the earth might be flat, but you need good proofs unless you want to end up looking like an idiot

Boondock

Reaction score
The bottom line is that this has been tried hundreds of times, and nobody's had any success with it. Empirically, it fails.

Theoretically, you might be able to cobble together some support for it through some scraps of obscure journals, but it's a testament to how ludicrous the theory is that not a single medical doctor or researcher gives it any credence whatsoever - and there are some pretty wacky doctors out there!

I don't really give a damn if some of the folks here want to try this out, I just pity them for wasting their time and the time of anyone else they convince to follow this blind alley. See you in a year when you realize (as did everyone else who tried this) that it's a complete pile of bullshit.

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
Well at this point I'm willing to try whatever seems logical to me to stop or reverse my hair loss. I'm doing this as an experiment and to let other people know about my results, or lack of to give them an idea of the validation of this theory.

Not masturbating isn't going to waste my time and I honestly feel better when I don't do it so I believe this is worthwhile for me. Now if I had to give up sex, which I don't get regularly then I wouldn't want to commit but if you are someone who doesn't have sex often and just masturbates, then I think this may be worthwhile to try. Of course you don't have to since you make your own life decisions but I care about my hair and I'm willing to give this a shot, even if it has no positive effects.

theShade

Reaction score
Some of you people are retards
This is the most ridiculous thread I have seen so far on these forums, and that's saying a lot :S

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
i think less sexual activity definitely makes my hair thicker, there are still hair falling out but about 60% less. its definitely tougher than you think though.

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
I gave up today after 17 days. During these days, I have not seen a decrease in shedding but I did notice that the little hair around my hairline were getting thicker. I'm not sure if I can attribute this to not masturbating or other things that I have been doing.

If I try this experiment in the future, I probably won't post back on here unless there are definite results. If I notice the thicker hairs along my hairline have fallen out or become less noticeable in the next few days then I will report back.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe it's true. i never notice my hairloss while i'm masturbating. :shakehead:

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I haven't masturbated since two weeks and i can see sprouts of hair everywhere, at this rate i am nw1 tomorrow ... my bed is kinda wet too

no seriously, i don't think you can overcme male pattern baldness with that but you might slow it. I also notice definitive decrease in shedding and that's one of the reasons I usually abstain..

of and regarding doctors... how would they know..people don t understand how little we know..here s an example.. I always had High T levels.
went to the endoc for some questions he made me do a blood test. T levels went back significantly lower than 3 years ago... i was surprised. His theory: my T levels declined. pretty sophisticated theory if you ask me. My doubt: I drank a LOT of alcohol the couple of nights before. He laughed at that, he said it shouldn t matter, but was willing to prescribe the test again..
didn't drink alcohol and Booom.. my T-levels jumped from 620ish to 750ish if i remember well.. he didn t know what to say.. he said measurment errors.. my *** if anyone knows anything about our hormones.. if they did we wouldn t be here anyway..