Quitting Heavy Marijuana Use, And Worsened Sides

Poorbob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm looking for some advice.

I've known about the side effects of finasteride since well before starting the drug around two years ago. They scared me, but I was even more scared of hairloss, so I got my prescription.

I've been consuming copious amounts of marijuana for even longer, like three-four years. Daily use, and sometimes all day. I work from home so I kind of went ham.

To give more backstory, I have a long distance girlfriend whom I see every two-three months for about a week. Maybe a year ago I started noticing watery semen, and potentially gyno. In retrospect, my libido decreased for sure as well. I'm not entirely sure whether or not this is due to insane account of stress related to my work and relationship, but now I've also developed erectile dysfunction. I have also been less confident in almost everyway.

I don't get hard without physical stimulation, and I've noticed very infrequent morning wood.

I am 15 days clean from weed, and I am wondering if I should also quit finasteride, as the sides persist. It's hard for me to completely tell if the sides fully existed before quitting weed too because my life basically revolved around work, blazing and videogames.

Besides what sounds like a shitty lifestyle, I'm decently athletic and worked out from time to time, and my diet was never terrible either. I've since increased my workout regimine, and I'm eating like a god damned saint. I'm kind of going crazy every night though, debating whether to stop or continue, and I'd like some advice. Thanks

R_gesus

Reaction score
With this new development in cheaper seti, you could always try that while tapering off finasteride. It might help, or it might not. But judging from some other users results it seems to be an option that doesn’t mess with hormones

jjamerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not the weed, it’s the finasteride. There’s no study that shows marijuana causing ED. In fact, some states in the US recommend its usage to help with ED https://inhalemd.com/marijuana-male-female-sexual-dysfunction-boston-massachusetts/. On the other hand, heavy use of anything is never good for you. Either quit weed for good (if you can’t control intake) or cut back and use medical grade organics if you can get it where you live, because the medical grade stuff has a lot of health benefits. But just keep in mind that anything that makes you feel good, adds risk of addiction. But that’s more or less a psychological side-effect, particularly if you have an addictive personality.

Poorbob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to check my hormonal profile and taper off Finasteride. I only have 5 doses left at 0.33 mg/dose. I know that would be a pretty aggressive tapering, should I order more and do it slower?

Poorbob

My Regimen
Reaction score
I last took a 0.33mg dose two nights ago. I don't think I'm going to take another tonight. I'm anxious to see if my sides go away after two weeks, but im also slightly worried about post Finasteride syndrome

Pelimorfo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Put your atention in another place for a couple of weeks... do exercise and go tired to bed. Forget sides as you can... and check them after a time...

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is probably the increase in stress , i think someone linked a paper were half of the pfs cases were initially caused by finasteride and then maintained by stress which didnt allow test to go back to normal . Better go check your hormones though

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm looking for some advice.

I've known about the side effects of finasteride since well before starting the drug around two years ago. They scared me, but I was even more scared of hairloss, so I got my prescription.

I've been consuming copious amounts of marijuana for even longer, like three-four years. Daily use, and sometimes all day. I work from home so I kind of went ham.

To give more backstory, I have a long distance girlfriend whom I see every two-three months for about a week. Maybe a year ago I started noticing watery semen, and potentially gyno. In retrospect, my libido decreased for sure as well. I'm not entirely sure whether or not this is due to insane account of stress related to my work and relationship, but now I've also developed erectile dysfunction. I have also been less confident in almost everyway.

I don't get hard without physical stimulation, and I've noticed very infrequent morning wood.

I am 15 days clean from weed, and I am wondering if I should also quit finasteride, as the sides persist. It's hard for me to completely tell if the sides fully existed before quitting weed too because my life basically revolved around work, blazing and videogames.

Besides what sounds like a shitty lifestyle, I'm decently athletic and worked out from time to time, and my diet was never terrible either. I've since increased my workout regimine, and I'm eating like a god damned saint. I'm kind of going crazy every night though, debating whether to stop or continue, and I'd like some advice. Thanks
Sorry for your predicament but this has nothing to do with "New Research, Studies, and Technologies." Please use the appropriate section

ashleysummer

Reaction score
When it comes to hairloss, Medical marijuana Canada could work to treat the underlying causes or at least slow the progression of the condition. As it activates the CB1 receptors in the nervous system, marijuana could reduce the stress that causes hair loss

br1

Reaction score
Quit fina slowly. Like, in the course of a year or more.

It's not the cannabis, like others said.

Don't quit fina cold Turkey!

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weed is estrogenic which may affect feritility and erection quality. Just bringing it to awareness as you are reducing dht with finasteride and possibly adding to the misbalance by increasing estrogen-like effects.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not against weed use but someone who tried regorwing their hair told me they think smoking weed kept their progress back. Of course people like Wiz Khalifa don;t seem to suffer too much, so as always GENETICS YMMV

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there! What do you think about CBD then? I guess it is really good for you, and it help dealing with different conditions and diseases. I like taking it from time to time, and I really feel how it works for me. Maybe you should learn more about it :)

Last edited:

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost definitely the finasteride. Not sure how much merit there is to tapering off though. I quit cold turkey. Erection quality and morning wood started coming back after about 2 weeks, so I was like 80% back to normal after 3 weeks, then slowly over a few more months kept improving until I felt like I was back pretty much where I should be

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there! By the way, what do you think about CBD oil then? Do you think it is good for hair growth? I have heard a lot of good things about it, but I would like to learn more about it. Maybe you can tell me something :)

Last edited: