Quit Finasteride after 2 days.

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, thinking of giving it another try. Have to say that it scared me, but I made a full recovery. So it gives me slightly more confidence in recovering after a longer time.

Wstef, can I ask, how long did you have the sides for?

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Im sure your side effects where a placebo like effect from reading all the doom Sayers posts about finasteride side effects. There is no way in 2 days you had such serious and so many side effects unless your own mind created them.

Not saying take it again though, if your mind created these side effects once It will likely happen again... I feel sorry for you, and am once again glad I didn't read all the crazy topics about finasteride sides before I tried it.

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
Im sure your side effects where a placebo like effect from reading all the doom Sayers posts about finasteride side effects. There is no way in 2 days you had such serious and so many side effects unless your own mind created them.

Not saying take it again though, if your mind created these side effects once It will likely happen again... I feel sorry for you, and am once again glad I didn't read all the crazy topics about finasteride sides before I tried it.

This is nothing to do with the mind. These were REAL and very PHYSICAL side efffects.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
The mind can do great and terrible things to the body. Its called placebo effect.

For instance any time I get stressed out I have most of the same physical effects as you list as side effects, these are physical effects caused entirely by my current mental state. There was one night I was slightly less hard during sex, and I started thinking "oh **** I got finasteride sides!" I instantly went completely limp from worry. Next day I forced all thoughts from my mind, left these forums for a couple weeks, and blamo, raging boners all day long.

Think how stressed you are just starting a drug you have read all these horror stories about. True solely physical effects can not happen so quickly as 1-2 days.

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
Just an update... getting on much better 2nd time round.. I took one pill one week, two the next week, three the next, etc etc.. every day now and everything feels fine. I don't think about sides now and will stay off these boards for time being. Good luck.

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
Started to have erection problems 4 months in so I quit! Sex life with lovely girlfriend far more important guys....

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
No good getting laid without a working penis. Look around, plenty of guys in their 20s or 30s that are thinning or have little hair.. None of these guys are having sex?

To us guys hair loss is pretty bad, but to women.. Not such a big deal as we would think. Meet the right person and it doesn't matter.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Started to have erection problems 4 months in so I quit! Sex life with lovely girlfriend far more important guys....

No, you didn't. You did nothing but concentrate on what you could possibly find wrong with your body, and you convinced yourself that there was something wrong. I'll paint the picture for you....

Girlfriend comes on to you, you get turned on and you guys go at it. But...now you start to think about finasteride, "Oh ****...did it take me longer to get hard that time? I mean, what if I did. I don't really have any metrics to go by other that what I THINK I remember...but I think maybe that it might have taken me longer..." And, while you're busy worrying and stressing....limp time for Mr Happy Pants.

I know, because after I started reading these forums (after being on finasteride for 4 years) I started having erection problems. But, instead of just freaking the eff out, I actually thought about it like a rational human being. That's all I would think about whenever I'd have sex, and it was severely affecting my performance. Once I put it out of my mind...you guessed it, no more problems!!!!!!!!!