Established Member
Reaction score
Here's why:

1. Virtually no interest in sex
2. Soft erections
3. Low ejaculatory volume
4. Testicular ache
5. Numbness in the groan and penis, reduced sensation in the penis

I could have put up with testicular ache and low ejaculatory volume, but the lack of sensation raised alarm bells for me. It's like the connection between penis and brain was broken. I didn't feel attracted to anyone, I didn't feel that rush, the heartbeat, the sweaty palms. Nothing.

I could have carried on and the symptoms may have passed, but it wasn't worth the risk of permanent damage.

I debated taking the drug for some 18 months but it turns out my initial instinct was correct.

Things are back to normal now and it feels great - I'll never underestimate or take for granted again the importance of a sex drive.

abcdefg

Reaction score
What if after a week you got your sex drive back just by itself? Well sadly minus that propecia there is not much hope for keeping hair right now

human

Reaction score
What if after a week you got your sex drive back just by itself? Well sadly minus that propecia there is not much hope for keeping hair right now

I had the exact same scenario as the original poster. I am losing hair but cannot abide with finasteride. What would you recommend? Minoxidil? Or is that fruitless?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Using any of the big 3 - nizoral shampoo, Minoxidil, or finasteride are not fruitless. I think Minoxidil helps mainly with regrowing hair but its better then nothing. Without some kind of androgen inhibitor its a losing battle most likely. You could try topical spironolactone but again nothing as good as propecia right now sadly.
You could try propecia and playing around with dosages or see long term if they go away by themselves

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

Good God, there's a lot more to saving hair than simply using Propecia. I've talked about using one of them.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I used revivogen shampoo for 6 months before recently starting finasteride, it reduced the hairloss a little but it's not really a good blocker to count on, just a nice but expensive addon as a shampoo as it clean the sebum in you hair pretty good

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan is talking about something else. We don't want to go down that road guys, trust me.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
bryan were you talking about revivogen or something else?

I was talking about something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Bryan is talking about something else. We don't want to go down that road guys, trust me.

But it's perfectly okay for guys to talk about HUGE problems with Propecia (side effects), but not be able to do anything about it at all?

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
I debated taking the drug for some 18 months but it turns out my initial instinct was correct.

If it took you 18 months to make that decision and 2 days to reverse it, then stick with it. 18 months to prepare yourself for sides and you almost checked all on the list in just two days. Good job, thanks for sharing! I wonder how many more you would have gotten if you had stayed on the drug for longer, say another day?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys what I meant was, if Bryan mentions product x this thread will turn into endless debate/war about the product.

Go search for threads with Bryan and Jacob in them to know where this thread would end up.

Jacob

Reaction score
Guys what I meant was, if Bryan mentions product x this thread will turn into endless debate/war about the product.

Go search for threads with Bryan and Jacob in them to know where this thread would end up.

And he's pretty much still mentioning them with his stupid "something else" etc comments. I'm guessing he's hoping for a pm if he doesn't just pm them himself.

People can do plenty w/out Propecia..and w/out that snake-oil.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I am curious what I can use besides propecia that works like some kind of proof that it works instead of theory or test tube results. I tried revivogen and am using topical spironolactone they arent getting it done. I am debating propecia and am certainly open to the idea of a topical that works as well with no sides I have yet to hear about such a treatment. Plenty of topicals to pick from though.
Maybe I am in minority but I would take all those sides you mentioned happily if I could keep all my hair for the rest of my life. Something like gyno is another story but the sexual sides I would love if I only had that problem.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
I am curious what I can use besides propecia that works like some kind of proof that it works instead of theory or test tube results. I tried revivogen and am using topical spironolactone they arent getting it done.

Well how long have you been on them?

rtc84

Established Member
Reaction score
Could someone please mention the product or discussion link that Bryan is referring too?

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I had the lack of connection and dull orgasm issue, but it's pretty much gone now (fingers crossed it won't come back). Other than that, all is good.