question

niknak

Reaction score
my hair is a complete unless unless I straighten it but it's satrting to go a bit thin up front.

would I be able to use something like toppik on my hair once it's been straightened?

sorry if this question is a little stupid but I am farly clueless when it comes to these products.

Mant Thanks.

XenonII

Reaction score
toppik is gay

Forget it. Toppik doesnt work period. I just tried putting some more on my hair now and it just sits there doing NOTHING! It doesnt even conceal my thinning areas I can still see right through them and I still have a reasonable amount of hair left. The makers of this junk are scam artists and I'm convinced anyone singing its praises is doing so because they are selling the stuff! Complete and utter waste of money! The advertising promises much and delivers nothing but dissapointment. :-x

beaner

Reaction score
Re: toppik is gay

XenonII said:
Forget it. Toppik doesnt work period. I just tried putting some more on my hair now and it just sits there doing NOTHING! It doesnt even conceal my thinning areas I can still see right through them and I still have a reasonable amount of hair left. The makers of this junk are scam artists and I'm convinced anyone singing its praises is doing so because they are selling the stuff! Complete and utter waste of money! The advertising promises much and delivers nothing but dissapointment. :-x

You are wrong. Toppik works well for some people (as well as many on this forum) and I'm certainly not selling the stuff. I used to use it religiously and it did a wonderful job of masking the thinning areas. These products are not for everyone. Hair type, hair length, amount of loss, etc. all play a part in whether the product is suitable for you. Unfortunately for you it is not, but for some it is a viable option in concealing their hair loss. Niknak, you'll never know unless you try it. You may be pleasantly surprised.

powersam

Reaction score
i would suggest that you buy it and try it out. two responses on a thread is not going to help you make a decision nor should it. they probably offer a guarantee so all you stand to lose is postage and handling.

i looked into it for a bit before my hair improved, and oddly enough this site has probably the best price i found.

XenonII

Reaction score
Re: toppik is gay

beaner said:
XenonII said:

You are wrong. Toppik works well for some people (as well as many on this forum) and I'm certainly not selling the stuff. I used to use it religiously and it did a wonderful job of masking the thinning areas. These products are not for everyone. Hair type, hair length, amount of loss, etc. all play a part in whether the product is suitable for you. Unfortunately for you it is not, but for some it is a viable option in concealing their hair loss. Niknak, you'll never know unless you try it. You may be pleasantly surprised.

I just tried shaking it liberally on my hair. Before I was very careful how much I put on and I do admit it DOES have some effect.

However, you need to use so much to achieve so little. It claims to thicken hair when it doesn't. The advertising for this completely misrepresents it. All it does is conceal the scalp and it doesn't even do a partically great job at that so i've decided to give Dermmatch a go instead.

I've heard this DOES actually thicken the hairs as well as conceal the scalp, allows you to style your hair as normal (like with gell) and even has reasonably good water proof qualities. I think that will suit me much better!

By all means try Toppik, my results with it though were not that great but I 100% blame this on the LIES that are told to promote it. The marketing for this is extremely deceptive and outrageous frankly.

It does NOT thicken hair at all, it mearly masks the scalp (and then not completely succesfully either) and I need something MUCH better than that! I'm hoping Dermmatch will be that something!

beaner

Reaction score
You need to massage the toppik into your hair. It definitely thickened my hair by clinging to the hair shafts. I didn't use alot of it, just enough to give my hair a fuller appearance and made it easier to style. People were well aware I was balding anyway, and didn't want to make a drastic change in it. No one ever noticed I was using it. (at least I don't think they did)

XenonII

Reaction score
beaner said:
You need to massage the toppik into your hair. It definitely thickened my hair by clinging to the hair shafts. I didn't use alot of it, just enough to give my hair a fuller appearance and made it easier to style. People were well aware I was balding anyway, and didn't want to make a drastic change in it. No one ever noticed I was using it. (at least I don't think they did)

Wouldn't that make it fall out? I do pat it down and comb my hair using my fingers after I have applied it. Even that makes some come out. I don't think it thickens hair at all. It darkens the scalp to give the illusion of a thicker head of hair but it doesn't actually thicken it and you have to use what I would consider to be quite a lot. I can't see one container lasting that long either. As for styling, I like to use wax, mousse or gell and I don't think that would work with it? It would just fall out or not look right?