Question For People With Decent Knowledge Of Endocrinology.

Hairlinetesticles

My Regimen
Reaction score
No rudimentary level please.

Can someone please tell me if my logic here is correct:

- If upregulation causes the effect of a hormone on a tissue/receptor to decrease, is this one of the possible reasons that finasteride could cause long-term ED in people, despite DHT levels returning to normal?

- If this is indeed the case, then why doesn't the same thing occur in hair follicles? That is to say, why does DHT still have a negative affect on hair follicles if the tissue has already experienced upregulation?

My question is coming from someone with limited knowledge of hormones, so if it is obvious please explain to me.

Edit: I realised that what I was describing is actually downregulation, not upregulation.

Last edited:

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I lack the proper knowledge, but perhaps the receptors that lead to ED are much more fragile than the hair follicle receptors, if this theory is even correct to begin with.

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought upregualtion caused the receptors to become more sensitive to a hormone like DHT and it’s negative effect not affect lol.

Hairlinetesticles

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought upregualtion caused the receptors to become more sensitive to a hormone like DHT and it’s negative effect not affect lol.

Maybe you're right, like I said I'm not an expert.

But if this is the case, then would penile/prostate tissue also not become more sensitive to DHT following upregulation?

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you're right, like I said I'm not an expert.

But if this is the case, then would penile/prostate tissue also not become more sensitive to DHT following upregulation?
Well all the cells in the body wouldn’t necessarily be affected by an upregulation. Also your hair and prostate tissues wouldn’t be affected by DHT at the same rate right

Hairlinetesticles

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well all the cells in the body wouldn’t necessarily be affected by an upregulation. Also your hair and prostate tissues wouldn’t be affected by DHT at the same rate right
True, but I figured that if it even had any effect at all, surely this would produce the opposite effect of ED, which a lot of people report.

Are you taking finasteride now?

If so how is your experience on it?

I can't stand it but there is little else that is readily available right now with any meaningful results.

Edit: you grammar nazi lol, yes effect, not affect, thank you:)

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, but I figured that if it even had any effect at all, surely this would produce the opposite effect of ED, which a lot of people report.

Are you taking finasteride now?

If so how is your experience on it?

I can't stand it but there is little else that is readily available right now with any meaningful results.

Edit: you grammar nazi lol, yes effect, not affect, thank you:)
I’m too young to take finasteride. As soon as I’m 18 I’m going to a dermatologist right now I’m stuck with natural anti androgens. How’s your experience? Any regrowth? Yeah I’m a grammar Nazi haha

Hairlinetesticles

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m too young to take finasteride. As soon as I’m 18 I’m going to a dermatologist right now I’m stuck with natural anti androgens. How’s your experience? Any regrowth? Yeah I’m a grammar Nazi haha
You're experiencing bad hair loss? Are the men in your family bald?

In terms of my hair, my results were SIGNIFICANT. Hairline thickened up, density increased everywhere (I am a diffuse thinner, albeit it very slowly).

I was only taking 0.5mg every other day and did so for about 3 or 4 months. I have two threads on it if you search my posts.

I had HORRIBLE side effects though.

Weak erections thus making my erect dink smaller, especially at the head. I noticed it having sex on New Years that it felt like I was banging her with a pencil, usually it feels like I'm filling them up (TMI).

Watery semen, precum contained sperm for some reason, like really liquidy and white. Harder to maintain erections, didn't feel as good/sensitive and generally my libido tanked. Mild brain fog too. Limited morning wood.

I also felt less like a man, more complacent and less vigour in social situations.

Perhaps the reason it was so effective is also the reason the sides were so big.

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

In terms of my hair, my results were SIGNIFICANT. Hairline thickened up, density increased everywhere (I am a diffuse thinner, albeit it very slowly).

I was only taking 0.5mg every other day and did so for about 3 or 4 months. I have two threads on it if you search my posts.

Weak erections thus making my erect dink smaller, especially at the head. I noticed it having sex on New Years that it felt like I was banging her with a pencil, usually it feels like I'm filling them up (TMI).

Watery semen, precum contained sperm for some reason, like really liquidy and white. Harder to maintain erections, didn't feel as good/sensitive and generally my libido tanked. Mild brain fog too. Limited morning wood.

I also felt less like a man, more complacent and less vigour in social situations.

Perhaps the reason it was so effective is also the reason the sides were so big.
No significant hairloss, but I am of scandanavian descent which means fine hair and a naturally big forehead. I’m about a Norwood 1.5 but I can’t afford any worse due to my forehead size. As far as the sides from finasteride I could use it I’m popping chubs like 24/7 hahah

Hairlinetesticles

My Regimen
Reaction score
No significant hairloss, but I am of scandanavian descent which means fine hair and a naturally big forehead. I’m about a Norwood 1.5 but I can’t afford any worse due to my forehead size. As far as the sides from finasteride I could use it I’m popping chubs like 24/7 hahah
You're 17 man, you are so sensitive to test that your libido is through the roof, I was the same way. Literally a walking boner.

I'll be 27 in a month, it's different.

But if your libido goes down at 18 after taking finasteride, you'll know it's the drug.

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're 17 man, you are so sensitive to test that your libido is through the roof, I was the same way. Literally a walking boner.

I'll be 27 in a month, it's different.

But if your libido goes down at 18 after taking finasteride, you'll know it's the drug.
Well I’ll be happy if I can retain my hairline now and maybe even a little regrowth

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is usually what i read here for the last 2 years. People with really bad sides from finasteride usually had extraordinary positive results on hair / and people with small or even zero effect on hair usually dont report major sides.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have PFS and have been in recovery since february. Cd nuts protocol works. The lack of circulating androgens causes penile fibrosis, proper bloodflow is needed

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gene up/down regulation could cause tissue damage or systemic permanent ulterration. Finasteride can stop hairloss but it can't fully recover it . it has stopper effect. Once you stop finasteride the then DHT again start its acts but once DHT come to normal level the already damaged reproductive system cannot be reversed or take huge time to get to the normal