Question for NON-dutasteride users

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
actually this is a thread for non dutasteride users so im not suppost to be here in the first place

G

Cassin said:
JayMan said:
No i saw your original point that side effects happen to a higher percentage of people on dutasteride than on finasteride..

Not just higher, but more of them.

but the percentages are still relatively low so you have to weigh the benefits against the risks. and judging by some of the absolutely depressing threads posted it in the impact of hair loss section, many people would greatly benefit from more hair.

G

Cassin said:
JayMan said:
but the percentages are still relatively

Still to high for me, and too many of them.

Thats what the thread starter was asking.

Cassin, found this data, so am crossposting it. What's your reaction to it?

"http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic4/avodart_ad.htm

Check out that table 1

Impotence is 4.7% from months 0-6, but from months 18-24 it's only 0.8% That's actually a tenth of a percentage point lower than placebo, and it lends credence to my constant mentioning of the fact that sides can disappear with time. All the percentages do go down with time.

As for gynecomastia specifically, here are the numbers from that table

Months 0-6:

dutasteride: 0.5% incidence
placebo: 0.2%

Months 7-12:

dutasteride: 0.8%
placebo: 0.3%

Months 13-18:

dutasteride: 1.1%

Months 18-24:

dutasteride: 0.6%
placebo: 0.1%

Pretty negligible as you can see, and some guys get gyno without even being on dutasteride.

Look at the last two time categories, 13-18 months, and 19-24 months, because those are more important in my opinion. Every single sexual side and gyno are all under 1% incidence for dutasteride."

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Cassin said:
JayMan said:
but the percentages are still relatively

Still to high for me, and too many of them.

Thats what the thread starter was asking.

Cassin, found this data, so am crossposting it. What's your reaction to it?

"http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic4/avodart_ad.htm

Check out that table 1

Impotence is 4.7% from months 0-6, but from months 18-24 it's only 0.8% That's actually a tenth of a percentage point lower than placebo, and it lends credence to my constant mentioning of the fact that sides can disappear with time. All the percentages do go down with time.

As for gynecomastia specifically, here are the numbers from that table

Months 0-6:

dutasteride: 0.5% incidence
placebo: 0.2%

Months 7-12:

dutasteride: 0.8%

Months 13-18:

dutasteride: 1.1%

Months 18-24:

dutasteride: 0.6%
placebo: 0.1%

Pretty negligible as you can see, and some guys get gyno without even being on dutasteride.

Look at the last two time categories, 13-18 months, and 19-24 months, because those are more important in my opinion. Every single sexual side and gyno are all under 1% incidence for dutasteride."

BINGO!

Cassin forgot to subtract the amount of people who would have gotten gyno anyhow.

Cassin

Reaction score
Still too many sides and it isn't tested for hair loss. This is a drug generally used for old men.

Really simple as that.

You want to use dutasteride, fine. I could not care less. Really. The original poster asked why some guys don't use it and I replied.

G

Cassin said:
Still too many sides and it isn't tested for hair loss. This is a drug generally used for old men.

Really simple as that.

You want to use dutasteride, fine. I could not care less. Really. The original poster asked why some guys don't use it and I replied.

But I don't really think that the sides are any higher than sides on Propecia. People of course can choose to use whatever they want, but I'd think that people would be more concerned about the implications of 50% inhibition of type I 5AR on avodart, which is found in the brain, than they would be about increased possibility of side effects that reverse upon discontinuation of the drug.

Cassin

Reaction score
JayMan said:
But I don't really think that the sides are any higher than sides on Propecia.

You read about them and your telling me you count the same sides for each? Really? You really mean that? 1 for 1...same percentage?

Ok...well...thats the end of this discussion. Can't argue with you if you see that.

G

Cassin said:
JayMan said:
But I don't really think that the sides are any higher than sides on Propecia.

You read about them and your telling me you count the same sides for each? Really? You really mean that? 1 for 1...same percentage?

Ok...well...thats the end of this discussion. Can't argue with you if you see that.

the finasteride stats differ from site to site i look at. on some the dutasteride stats actually seemed lower than the finasteride ones. which ones are you talking about?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
his talking about the ones from merck he posted earlier,and yes they are a bit lower
i find it strange that some people got gyno on dutasteride in the placebo group yet nobody got it on finasteride ,maybe finasteride is the cure for gyno?

Snarfleflous

Reaction score
Okay Cassin and others...

I'd like to see some dutasteride horror stories. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Like, seriously, how big of tits are we talking about? I'm kind of skinny dude, and I know that some beefier guys get a little man-boobage as they get older...just wondering if its likely to happen to me or how noticeable it would be.

Also how much do people end up paying for dutasteride (avodart)?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Snarfleflous said:
Okay Cassin and others...

I'd like to see some dutasteride horror stories. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Like, seriously, how big of tits are we talking about? I'm kind of skinny dude, and I know that some beefier guys get a little man-boobage as they get older...just wondering if its likely to happen to me or how noticeable it would be.

Also how much do people end up paying for dutasteride (avodart)?
man if you grow tits that's gonna be really shity,youll still be balding but now with tits :freaked2: i cant poiont you to any though cus i didnt bother reading them , ithought that might put me down and increrase the chance of psychological side effects
man i hope i dont get any sides i have enough sh*t on my head

SkipTracer

Reaction score
In my opinion you have more chance of catching gynecomastia from your personal computer.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm holding off from switching since I can't find any guys who have taken pics of their regrowth with dutasteride.

Felk

Reaction score
The most important point that has been forgotten here...

finasteride - They found 2% of people were getting side effects. Finasteride was tested on people aged 18 to forties or so.

dutasteride - If memory serves, the side effects were 5% or so. However dutasteride was only tested on elderly BPH sufferers.

Who knows how high the side effects would be if it were tested on young people

G

Felk said:
The most important point that has been forgotten here...

finasteride - They found 2% of people were getting side effects. Finasteride was tested on people aged 18 to forties or so.

dutasteride - If memory serves, the side effects were 5% or so. However dutasteride was only tested on elderly BPH sufferers.

Who knows how high the side effects would be if it were tested on young people

Probably lower, actually, considering the sides were lower in younger men on Propecia if i'm not mistaken. I think that older men are more prone to gyno and sexual sides.