Question About Getting Product Properly Out Of Hair

TJames2319

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick question regarding styling products.

I use product in my hair for work or for the most part when I go out. I tend to use water base products like waxes and clays. I don't make the mistake of using too much product in my hair (something I had to learn the hard way in the past). I was just wondering what most of you guys who use product do to get it out of your hair. Do you leave it in overnight while you sleep and just remove it during your next wash? Or are you washing your hair before you use product and then rewashing it out before you go to bed?

I learned from experience that when I sleep with product in my hair, I feel the build up overnight and I generally don't like the how it makes my hair and scalp feel. I don't like to over wash my hair either. I have had bad reactions to that in the past. My hair is somewhat fine and overwashing leads to dry hair for me. (which is almost as stressing as losing hair!!! well ALMOST) What I have been doing is rinsing my hair under water without shampoo after I get home and before bed on days I use product to style it. It still can feel a bit gunky but much better than sleeping with the product in it and much better than washing it twice a day.

Just wondering if I am on the right track here.

Regards

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the only people who wash out before bed are those who have to use Minoxidil twice a day. From my experience adding water to hair that already has product in it will make it even more clumpy. Either wash it out or, leave it till next wash. And trust me, dry hair isn't as stressful as losing hair... I am sure I speak for many on here who would swap those problems in a heartbeat.