Quercetin's Effect on Androgen Receptors in Hair Loss

zephyrprime

Reaction score
I mixed some quercetin I got from supplement pills into my minoxidil solution and have used that for a few months. I assumed that the alcohol base used in common minoxidil formulations would be a good vehicle to aid absorbtion of q. that was just a guess on my part though. anyway, I have seen no effects whatsoever from my I use of quercetin on my scalp.

abcdefg

Reaction score
If you blocked androgen receptors that DHT or T would normally bind too wouldnt that increase your DHT levels then? I have no clue how large or small an increase that would mean or if its even that simple.
The thing with supplements is I dont trust all companies are actually putting all the amounts they claim and I question whether powder pills are absorbed in the same way as say liquid gel caps are. So it gets a lot more complicated then just popping some random supplement. At least propecia has many of the variables accounted for and we know it works.
If onion juice blocked receptors then even if DHT levels went up it wouldnt matter if it could affect the hair and it makes sense DHT could go up if it actually blocked receptors. Again though we know things are never logical or simple with this stuff though