Quality of Regrowth if Androgenetic Alopecia?

ReneeL

Reaction score
Here I am diligently (and desperately) using Rogaine and Tricomin on my head. If I have Androgenetic Alopecia and the products do their job - won't the newly sprouted hair be of poor quality because of the Androgenetic Alopecia? If I understand it correctly, I'd have to add something like propecia or spironolactone or Revivogen to my regimen to see good hair quality, right? So is what I'm doing just a waste of time until I add the other component? Or will good hair start growing without it? I mean, what's the use if the regrowth is going to be so wispy you can hardly see it? My other question is - can Telogen Effluvium "look" like Androgenetic Alopecia where there's more loss on the top of the head? Or is that always a sure sign of FPB?

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated!

Renee

Sally A

Reaction score
Hair regrowth

I have been on Rogain for 2 months and have nice regrowth. They seem like normal hairs. My derm. said they may begin as wispy hairs and then return to normal. It all takes time. You can't give up. Also, I color my hair and that makes it look even better. The new hairs look nice. I am THRILLED. Go to the Rogaine site on the internet. I get a little newsletter every couple of weeks telling me what to expect and all. Best of luck to you. :)

ReneeL

Reaction score
Re: Hair regrowth

Hi Sally,
Sally A said:
I have been on Rogain for 2 months and have nice regrowth. They seem like normal hairs. My derm. said they may begin as wispy hairs and then return to normal. It all takes time. You can't give up. Also, I color my hair and that makes it look even better. The new hairs look nice. I am THRILLED. Go to the Rogaine site on the internet. I get a little newsletter every couple of weeks telling me what to expect and all. Best of luck to you. :)
Thanks so much for the info. Do you have Androgenetic Alopecia or Telogen Effluvium?
Renee

Sally A

Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia

I think it is Androgenetic Alopecia. I have been thinning on top for several years. SLOWLY. All of the sudden I just noticed it more. My mom did that too. Rogaine has started new hair. :D

G

I am diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia as well

Dear all,

I also has recently been diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia as well. No any dermatologists have told me this before, they just precribed me with normal supplements and minoxidil but it doesn't help at all until recently, when I decided to go for hair transplant surgery. This doctor said that I can't go for hair transplant surgery as I got Androgenetic Alopecia all over my head and I have v donor hair left. It was such the worst moment in my life to know that there is no any other chances for me.

I almost gave up all my hope...I don't use anything xcept nizoral shampoo 2% every other days and take some natural supplements eg. Biotin, Brewer Yeast and Zinc, that is all my regimen.

Have you ever though about going through hair transplant surgery if you still got enough amount of donor hair left? I think it's worthwhile...

Thanks for being here!!

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
wow Sally, congratulations on the new hairgrowth.... I have a question for you .... how long did you have the dread shed after starting the Rogaine???? I've been on the Rogaine for 4 weeks now and I'm still shedding quite a bit....

Miloh

Reaction score
I started using folligen spray after the first month and the shedding has gone down dramatically, only a few days after starting it. I know that shedding is "good", because that means the minoxidil is working, but it's disheartening to have clumps of hair falling out.... especially when I don't have much to begin with.

Happy holiday everyone! I'm going to stop worrying about my hair and go bake some cookies for Santa.

G

Hi Miloh!

I'm glad the folligen is working well for you. Come back and let us know how you are doing!

Happy holidays,

Laura

Sally A

Reaction score
shedding

Rozzy, I had shedding for about 5 weeks I am guessing. It then slowed down and now I just have the normal shed that everyone has I think. I am two months into the Rogaine treatment and I am thrilled with the results.

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Sally,
I think my dread shed is slowing down. Its interesting though (well not really) but my eyebrows are getting thicker...go figure . I havent' used the folligen spray yet...did you order it from the website??? how long does a bottle last for you? I'm finding the Minoxidil is not lasting the month it claims it would.... I am using more than 1 ml on my scalp.... more like 2 or 3

Miloh

Reaction score
Hi Rozzy,

I did order folligen from the website. I have been using for about a month, and I still have about 2/3 of the bottle left. I apply it only in the evening, after the minoxidil has dried.

Be forewarned--it's bluey-green, and can slightly tint your scalp, your hair and pillow case (which is why I use it at night). Washes out easily though.

Cheers,
Miloh

G

Hi Rozzy,

You are lucky that you only have some thickening eyebrows! I have much more of an all over body and facial fuzz. It's really annoying seeing increased hairs everywhere else except my scalp! Grr :evil:

Laura

Sally A

Reaction score
Heralopecia, are you using 5% minoxidil? It can cause more side effects like hair where you don't want it. 2 % has fewer if any.

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh no.... the days of 5% minoxidil were over in January. I grew mega facial hair and my self esteem plummeted at that time. So I talked with my husband and quit the minoxidil until I have a baby. Then I invested some money in laser tx and had my stash and extra hair removed..... ITs worth it guys.... I never have to worry about waxing my stash again. When I was having the lasering done, I remember sitting there thinking... this is sooo ironic. Destroying hair follicles in one section of my body.... yet 4 inches above.... on my scalp... I'm crying about it. This doesn't make sense. So I used the 5% for a total of 2 months ....0 regrowth... lots of dread shed but not enough time invested in it to know if it would have worked or not. I think if I'm going to combat this hairloss, I want to take the medications along side the Rogaine to give it a better chance..... :wink: