Q about hair getting addicted to the hairloss treatments

Yuber

Reaction score
I understand that if you grow hair with minoxidil you have to keep using minoxidil, if you want the hair you grew to stay alive.
But what about non minoxidil grow agents like apple poly and so on. I quess that if you don’t cure the cause to your hair loss you will over time loose what is grown with those products too?

Let’s say that you use products without minoxidil like apple poly, tricomin, and nano for example. Does anyone know what these products does for healthy hair? I mean if your not completely bald you have healthy areas, and areas with some hairloss. Does the healthy hairs get addicted to these products so that if you decide to quit treatment in the future these areas will shed more than if you never used these products at all?

eddy_simpson

Established Member
Reaction score
tricky question to answer because everyone is different, and everyone experiences different reactions to hair products.

If you grow some hair with non-minoxidil products and then quit these products then whether you will keep the hair depends on many variables such as the effectiveness of the replacement product, your diet etc...

Healthy hair will not become dependant on these hair products.

Do some research into the science behind these products mate, itll be worth it.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Whatever you use for hairloss that grows hair will only keep your hair if you keep using the product , As soon as you stop using it your hair will go back to the way it was before you started , or sometimes with products like minoxidil it will be even worse because it doesnt actually stop hairloss..

eddy_simpson

Established Member
Reaction score
rubbish. thats absolute nonsense killuminati. If you grow hair with propecia then there is no reason why you shouldnt maintain this hair with a natural DHT blocker.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
eddy_simpson said:
rubbish. thats absolute nonsense killuminati. If you grow hair with propecia then there is no reason why you shouldnt maintain this hair with a natural DHT blocker.

O RLY?

so why not use the "natural" DHT inhibitor in the first place?

eddy_simpson

Established Member
Reaction score
because as far as natural dht blockers are concerned:

- they have less research done on their ability to block dht

- dosage is difficult to work out

- they may have other effects internally than simply blocking dht, which obviously may be negative

however none of these points take away the fact that if you find the right one and take the right amount it can be at least as successful at blocking dht production as finasteride.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
eddy_simpson said:
because as far as natural dht blockers are concerned:

- they have less research done on their ability to block dht

- dosage is difficult to work out

- they may have other effects internally than simply blocking dht, which obviously may be negative

however none of these points take away the fact that if you find the right one and take the right amount it can be at least as successful at blocking dht production as finasteride.

give me an example of a natural dht blocker? green tea? beta sis?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All good 'n' natural remedies are fine, if you don't mind risking your hair to give them a go.

But for anyone serious about keeping their hair, my advice is to stop being a hippy and get on the treatments that are proven to work. If you get sides, deal with them instead of running scared.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
eddy_simpson said:
saw palmetto, nettle root, pumpkin seed, equol
youve got to be mental to rely only on them

powersam

Reaction score
eddy_simpson said:

with the same side effects. so why not go with what has been tested and documented. at least you know what to expect that way.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
eddy_simpson said:
saw palmetto, nettle root, pumpkin seed, equol

o rly? how much saw palmetto do you need to equal the dht inhibition that finasteride would provide?

better yet...can you show me a study that shows SP is beneficial to hair loss sufferers? didnt think so.

G

powersam said:
eddy_simpson said:

with the same side effects. so why not go with what has been tested and documented. at least you know what to expect that way.

yeah no one ever seems to mention the side effects that can happen when taking large doses of the natural saw palmetto supplement.

JustShaveIt

Reaction score
stampede said:
But for anyone serious about keeping their hair, my advice is to stop being a hippy and get on the treatments that are proven to work. If you get sides, deal with them instead of running scared.

Yes be a man!!...well..that is until you grow man boobs and your penis doesn't work anymore. :freaked:

G

JustShaveIt said:
stampede said:

Yes be a man!!...well..that is until you grow man boobs and your penis doesn't work anymore. :freaked:

Did you grow man boobs? if so, did they disappear upon discontinuation of the drug? If you never did then stop saying that.

JustShaveIt

Reaction score
I never even considered taking these drugs and never will. the side effects are well documented.

G

JustShaveIt said:
I never even considered taking these drugs and never will. the side effects are well documented.

You have no business encouraging people not to take them because of sides if you have never tried them yourself.

JustShaveIt

Reaction score
JayMan said:
You have no business encouraging people not to take them because of sides if you have never tried them yourself.

Hmmm ..using that logic then I probably shouldn't tell people not to use heroin because its extremely addictive or maybe we shouldn't tell people to wear their selt belts because of course they never save lives...right?

G

JustShaveIt said:
JayMan said:

Hmmm ..using that logic then I probably shouldn't tell people not to use heroin because its extremely addictive or maybe we shouldn't tell people to wear their selt belts because of course they never save lives...right?

Terrible analogies.

If that's all you have you might as well leave right now.

Seat belts do save lives.
Heroin can be used as a painkiller but in today's world, it's used as a euphoric drug and people can overdose on it and kill themselves.

Propecia helps regrow and maintain hair in a large percentage of people, with sides in a very few, that in almost every case go away upon discontinuation of the drug.

Jesus.

JustShaveIt

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Propecia helps regrow and maintain hair in a large percentage of people, with sides in a very few, that in almost every case go away upon discontinuation of the drug.

Jesus.

yup and so does the hair that was grown.