Putting Glue On Thin Skin First, Then Attaching?

GeorgeW1960

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody do it this way. I can see lots of upside for me. I have a scar at my hairline that I want to cover. What is the down side?

Thanks.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to put the glue on the skin first - that's just the way it works.

I find tape's a lot easier for that very reason - you are free to apply the tape the base of the unit & then put the piece on as you like.

With glue you have to predict your placement more. You're lucky you prefer that method, as you can also do it w/ tape.

Noah

Reaction score
I think you could glue the base and then attach if you use a lot of alcohol. So you would put the glue on, let it dry to tacky, then spray the inside of the base generously with alcohol, and also spray your head generously with alcohol, before applying the piece. The alcohol would delay the onset of adhesion, and give you enough time to get the piece into perfect position.

If you try this, be sure to wear a sweatband to stop the alcohol getting in your eyes.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean you don't want to put glue on your scalp at all? That could be a little tricky but is possible as Noah describes above.

If you're only talking about the hairline then life becomes easier. So you would glue most of the scalp as usual, but don't put any glue in the front inch or so. Then stick the UTS on so that it's stuck on solid, except of course at the front inch or so (hairline). Flip up the hairline and then you can put glue on the UTS instead of your scalp.

I do this method quite a lot because the hairline always needs that extra special attention. I have never put glue only on the UTS, because I imagine the hold won't be as good. I do quite often put glue on my scalp (talking about the hairline) and the UTS, which ensures that I get glue right up to the very edge of the base.

GeorgeW1960

My Regimen
Reaction score
It did not work. I was about to go to my cut in and the piece just fell off. Had just enough time to glue my head and go.