Put it all into perspective

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
This place is almost disgusting me. No offence either, so don't get me wrong on that.

I have a family member who is very sick and is in and out of hospital, and we don't know what the near future holds for her. Also, I have just come out of a major, major scare involving a possible life-threating problem I could have, and I'm not out of the woods yet- my fear is very major right now. I'm trying to stay above water right now, so I'm continuing my daily activites as best I can. (including coming here)

You know what- you've all heard numerous times- "be happy you don't have a killer disease" or "be happy there are other people worse off than you"

and most of you end up replying with crybaby remarks like "i'm vein, so f*ck off" or "don't try and make me feel better, because it won't"

you guys just have no friggen clue, do you- you're all SO LUCKY to be crying about your hairloss problems- just wait until the day comes, people, that you have REAL problems in your lives. This hairloss garbage will be the LAST thing on your minds and things will be in check and put into PROPER perspective. 'Cause right now you;re a bunch of spoiled little crybabies worrying about your itty-bitty little locks falling out of your pretty little heads

It's so sickening to see you guys pissing and moaning that you're losing up to 1/16" of hair from your hairline a year, or how your stupid plants are coming out, or how you're scared to look in the mirror because your hair looks thinner under light...

grow up and be men- there are waaaaaaaaaay worse scenarios out there, you guys just seem like a bunch of spoiled little brats who are crying because God dealt you a bad hand "waaaah waaaaaah why me???"

Be happy you don't have anything else major to worry about

don't worry, NO ONE is exempt from having MAJOR problems in their lives at some point, everyone gets there- and when y'all do you'll see what I'm sayin... so ENJOY your hairloss while things are good for you guys

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
People dwell upon their looks all the time. Everybody does. This has nothing to do with people getting sick or dying. Its terrible that stuff happens sure, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep our hair, just as much as it doesn't mean women shouldn't wear makeup. You're talking apples and oranges.

G

Bob Booley said:
This place is almost disgusting me. No offence either, so don't get me wrong on that.

I have a family member who is very sick and is in and out of hospital, and we don't know what the near future holds for her. Also, I have just come out of a major, major scare involving a possible life-threating problem I could have, and I'm not out of the woods yet- my fear is very major right now. I'm trying to stay above water right now, so I'm continuing my daily activites as best I can. (including coming here)

You know what- you've all heard numerous times- "be happy you don't have a killer disease" or "be happy there are other people worse off than you"

and most of you end up replying with crybaby remarks like "i'm vein, so f*ck off" or "don't try and make me feel better, because it won't"

you guys just have no friggen clue, do you- you're all SO LUCKY to be crying about your hairloss problems- just wait until the day comes, people, that you have REAL problems in your lives. This hairloss garbage will be the LAST thing on your minds and things will be in check and put into PROPER perspective. 'Cause right now you;re a bunch of spoiled little crybabies worrying about your itty-bitty little locks falling out of your pretty little heads

It's so sickening to see you guys pissing and moaning that you're losing up to 1/16" of hair from your hairline a year, or how your stupid plants are coming out, or how you're scared to look in the mirror because your hair looks thinner under light...

grow up and be men- there are waaaaaaaaaay worse scenarios out there, you guys just seem like a bunch of spoiled little brats who are crying because God dealt you a bad hand "waaaah waaaaaah why me???"

Be happy you don't have anything else major to worry about

don't worry, NO ONE is exempt from having MAJOR problems in their lives at some point, everyone gets there- and when y'all do you'll see what I'm sayin... so ENJOY your hairloss while things are good for you guys

Well Bob, I am sorry for the major illnesses that you are now confronting. I have certainly done so in my life and yes, hairloss is not an illness in this context, so your observations have validity.

AND, as we all know, reality is relative. So, it tends to alter all the time and vary by person, The problem develops when we assume there is one reality and it is OURS.

So, take our support and in return, give us yours. We all have our crosses to bear in life, and in spite of your opinion about ours, they all seem equally heavy.

Good luck with your health.

:lol:

Nicholas

Reaction score
then don´t come here u stupid ***!
You´ve done nothing than posting here as a know it all vagabond trying to convince us that we are pathetic. I don´t know if it´s true (why would anyone lie about such a thing?) but in another forum I could read about a guy who killed himself and that hair loss had at least something to do with it. Hair loss leads to depression in some which acts as a catalyst in suicidal behavior in some. That guy is dead and your relative is not so in that case hair loss is a more serious disease and it´s bout time you stop bitching on us.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
I for one, am a huge proponent for "proper perspective" when it comes to hairloss and the bigger picture. But it can only be learned in stages over time, with experience, education and acceptance. Kind of like anything in life - be it death or the birth of a child or ANYTHING - until you experience it, it's difficult to truly understand it's impact.

Empathy is identifying and understanding someones feelings and sympathy adds the element of sharing them. Unfortunately your desire to educate us all through a series of "give up, you're fucked anyway" posts demonstrates a lack of compassion for the one common thread that brings us all to this site in the first place. And now, you are attempting to use this forum to school us once again in your personal agenda on how to get from point A to point Z without without at least going through some of the alphabet.

You have my empathy Mr. Booley.

jerry grant

Nicholas

Reaction score
'Cause right now you;re a bunch of spoiled little crybabies worrying about your itty-bitty little locks falling out of your pretty little heads

This is what I need! Please can we have more posts like this one?

Axon

Reaction score
While I agree that the whining and self-pity on these forums can get a bit pathetic, this is not the right way to approach it.

Do you think you're going to get some sort of admission from us? "Oh my God - you're so right. I see it all so clearly now. I'll never complain again." That's not going to happen. This is a hair loss forum and we discuss, in the main, treatment options.

Everyone's got their problems in life. Mine is my parents - they're both handicapped. They're almost like infants, they're so helpless. I had to leave Law school in Syracuse just last week and put my life on hold for another year because my parents are so dependent on my physical competence and financial income. I make no complaint. I do not whine. Most people would crack under this burden. But I do not come across as if it’s impossible. There are many people who could handle this situation better than I ever will.

It goes without saying that these hair loss problems are minimal in the grand scheme of things. Everyone here acknowledges that. But coming on here with a holier than thou attitude, preaching inaccuracies from an ivory tower will result in nothing but irritation on the part of others.

Stingray

Reaction score
"Pathetic" is in the eye of the beholder Mr. Booley. The mere act of you coming to a forum based solely on hairloss whining about your personal problems and telling us that our concerns are lesser is morbidly pathetic. While I express my deepest sympathies to you and your problems... I do not deem them more severe than mine. And there is no way you will be able to sway my opinions. If you want sympathy... go somewhere else. This is a hairloss forum. We discuss hairloss here, and ways to fix it. If you do not like it, simply do not come here anymore.

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
My family member is sick...we don't know what's happening there.

I may or may not be sick, as I said, I went through a personal scare of 4 or 5 days which really stressed me out and made me look at everything different. Chances are I'm okay, now that time has passed a bit, and you guys will all understand 100% where I'm coming from should the day ever come that you think it could be over for you. Your hairloss at that point would be non-existant- believe me.

Now that I'm coming around again, a lot of things that were bugging me a week and a half-ago are so far behind me now, and I'm happy that those problems are there. I'm happy that I'll probably get a chance to go through with these problems and maybe solve them. Problems can be huge and they bother us, like hairloss, but when there comes a time that you realize that you may never even have a chance to solve them, then everything in this world is put right into perspective.

G

[quote="Bob Booley" then everything in this world is put right into perspective.[/quote]

Here is your fatal flaw. The RIGHT perspective is of course, yours. And mine, and everyone else's, which varies moment by moment.

As someone else mentioned above, if you find the dialog here to be not to your liking, you can leave rather than stay and criticize.

We will be fine about it.

Thanks

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
bruce, it's so easy for you to say that, and you don't even know it.

the day WILL come, when you realize that your health is far more important than your hairloss. until that day arrives though, you'll continue to frequent this place and worry over things that are so trivial in the big picture.

i also fail to understand that guys who are in their 40s or 50s complain of hairloss. it's normal, expected and comes with age for most guys. at that age, many guys have families, some with kids graduating out of high school already. And here you guys are, worrying about your damn hair when it's ABSOLUTELY NORMAL and there isn't a single person out there that views a middle-age guy with hairloss as unusual. At your age, your youth is clearly behind you, and your looks deteriorate big time- yeah it's ok to want your hair but it just shows how really fragile your egos are, even at 50 years of age.

go concentrate on the things that really matter in your lives, go be with your kids, your wives, go water your lawns, go out for dinners, do all the things you want to do at your age. Stop acting like 24 year olds who are losing their hair. I just don't get you guys.
My Dad is bald and has been for a really long time- never once in my entire life have I ever heard him mention it or see it make any difference to him- he's a normal dad who did all he could to bring us up, and he also acts his age too, not like a guy half his age who wants hair. he always dealt with his responsibilities and lived a great life, without hair, and it never made a damn difference to him.

G

Bob Booley said:
bruce, it's so easy for you to say that, and you don't even know it.

the day WILL come, when you realize that your health is far more important than your hairloss. until that day arrives though, you'll continue to frequent this place and worry over things that are so trivial in the big picture.

i also fail to understand that guys who are in their 40s or 50s complain of hairloss. it's normal, expected and comes with age for most guys. at that age, many guys have families, some with kids graduating out of high school already. And here you guys are, worrying about your damn hair when it's ABSOLUTELY NORMAL and there isn't a single person out there that views a middle-age guy with hairloss as unusual. At your age, your youth is clearly behind you, and your looks deteriorate big time- yeah it's ok to want your hair but it just shows how really fragile your egos are, even at 50 years of age.

go concentrate on the things that really matter in your lives, go be with your kids, your wives, go water your lawns, go out for dinners, do all the things you want to do at your age. Stop acting like 24 year olds who are losing their hair. I just don't get you guys.
My Dad is bald and has been for a really long time- never once in my entire life have I ever heard him mention it or see it make any difference to him- he's a normal dad who did all he could to bring us up, and he also acts his age too, not like a guy half his age who wants hair. he always dealt with his responsibilities and lived a great life, without hair, and it never made a damn difference to him.

Well, I appreciate the lecture from you Bob, on the meaning of life. Also, I appreciate how well you know me, sufficient to make a ton of assumptions about how I live my life and what I worry about and the like. Also parenting advice is much appreciated (do you have any kids yet Bob?).

Suffice it to say that you know nothing about me. What we do know about you is that you basically:

1. Whine and complain about how the people are here. They should be different.

2. Assume that you know how it really is and how we should be.

3. Have a corner on suffering and how stupid we all are for being here and chatting about what we chat about.

Hey Bob, here is a clue for you. Most of us have had real suffering and hardship in our lives AND we are not here to chat about it. If you want that, go to the "whatever it is is bothering you support group" and chat away. More power to you!

We are here to chat about what might work on male pattern baldness. If you want to contribute, do that. If not, hit the bricksl We will be fine with that also.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
it's amusing to hear people say that their problems are worse than others, it's an act of self pity which i find truly pathetic. how ironic is that?

G

zak84 said:
it's amusing to hear people say that their problems are worse than others, it's an act of self pity which i find truly pathetic. how ironic is that?

BINGO! :lol:

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah you're right...

i'm saying that all you guys are whining, but here I am doing the same about you guys, lol

i admit it, i'm a hypocrite

so i'll button it

Theguy

Reaction score
Bob I dont get you. We all understand that baldness is not a life threatening condition. I have other conditions that I treat before I even think about treating my hair. I'm sorry that you're family member is sick but thats no reason to come to a hair loss forum and start posting about putting things in perspective. I don't have anyone in my family sick right now. My father has high cholesteral and if I had to choose between my hairloss treatments and his medicine, I'd easily pick his medicine.

taxi

Reaction score
BOB: did you went to see a doctor on your desease? if you have a problem try to solve it as fast as you can. sure hairloss is nothing copmpared to cancer or aids. everyone knows that. but if you look in the net there are foruns so much more superficial than this. Like a forum to talk about Bon jovi, or mobil phones or how much french cars are more reliable than the german ones... I don't say to you to get out of here because I understand that in your situation, get comunication with someone is so important. You can wright it down, but beeing 26 and losing my hair, i do act like a 24 year old kid with hair loss, because in a way it makes me depressed and it is my main problem right now. Untill a bigger one comes.

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
yesterday I went out and threw myself in front of a train and broke my spine. Thank god I can now talk about male pattern baldness without offending Bob.

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
geez you better get your back checked before it gets worse

and did u get the licence plate of that train? hit and runs are illegal