PTD-DBM and GHK-Cu, Zn-Thymulin Products

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fort those that are interested and familiar with the research, PTD-DBM with Methyl Vanillate and GHK-Cu, Zn-Thymulin are readily available now. Just received some and will be microneedling in conjunction with topical application. Will report back if any positive results.

PTD-DBM is a peptide that was specifically formulated to target factors that are upregulated in balding individuals. Research shows Methyl Vanillate targets this same pathway. Working synergistically, we can better pursue and activate the Wnt/b-catenin pathways, while at the same time reduce DHT-induced hair follicle miniaturization and stimulate new hair growth.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, is this the study you are referring to?
[https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27121450/]
I believe KY that is being developed has the same mode of action as well:
[https://www.folliclethought.com/ptd-dbm-update-qa-with-dr-kang-yell-choi/]
How promising do you feel Methyl Vanillate will be for you haircount increased by 6 - 12% after 6 months in women with androgenic alopecia?
Yes, that is the study. I don't have any prediction about its effectiveness. I'm only going to try it and see.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fort those that are interested and familiar with the research, PTD-DBM with Methyl Vanillate and GHK-Cu, Zn-Thymulin are readily available now. Just received some and will be microneedling in conjunction with topical application. Will report back if any positive results.

PTD-DBM is a peptide that was specifically formulated to target factors that are upregulated in balding individuals. Research shows Methyl Vanillate targets this same pathway. Working synergistically, we can better pursue and activate the Wnt/b-catenin pathways, while at the same time reduce DHT-induced hair follicle miniaturization and stimulate new hair growth.
can you please tell me where to buy all those compounds? thanks

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
id caution against using ptd dbm.. theres a reason they reformulated it into ky-19382 ...
The two reasons are that KY is a small molecule so much cheaper and easier to synthetize, and because PTD is a wide peptide that doesn't penetrate well without microneedling. And even with microneedling it's difficult, that's why some people tried it and didn't get results.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the Follicle Thought article:

CXXC5 inhibits hair growth by binding to an important central component of the Wnt signaling pathway, a protein known as “Dishevelled.” This binding of CXXC5 to Dishevelled essentially inhibits one of the most important cellular pathways involved in hair follicle development – the Wnt pathway.

To counteract this activity, Dr. Choi and his team developed a peptide called PTD-DBM which interferes with CXXC5’s binding to Dishevelled, and thus, keeps Wnt functioning intact to generate healthy follicles.

Does this mean that the peptide merely restores wnt to normal level of activity (as opposed to overactivating it) and thus there shouldn't be any cancer risks associated with this?

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so i guess nobody knows where to get the peptide

seems like all the comments are asking for that

I'd like to know too lol

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score
So its funny, this compound ended up on my Instagram feed as an add.

The company selling it is called Tailor Made Health https://shop.tailormadehealth.com/
They seem to be a compounding business I guess and will sell or white label stuff.

Interestingly the peptide is not something you can find on the sites default product catalog by searching.
I only got it through the targeted add campaign.

So I took apart the URL and here it is, enjoy: https://shop.tailormadehealth.com/products/ptd-dbm-methyl-vanillate.
$70 is kinda steep but I know nothing about its effectiveness so who knows.

@pegasus2 can you elaborate on your comment regarding this peptides effectiveness vs KY19382?
Is KY significantly more effective? by how much, can you link a study?
Thanks in advance, I'm just curious because if this is easy to reliably get vs alibaba it may be a better option in the short-mid term.

Edit: The GHK-Cu Zn Thymulin is also available on their site too.

Last edited:

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The company selling it is called Tailor Made Health https://shop.tailormadehealth.com/
They seem to be a compounding business I guess and will sell or white label stuff.

Interestingly the peptide is not something you can find on the sites default product catalog by searching.

So I took apart the URL and here it is, enjoy: https://shop.tailormadehealth.com/products/ptd-dbm-methyl-vanillate.

@pegasus2 can you elaborate on your comment regarding this peptides effectiveness vs KY19382?
Thanks in advance, I'm just curious because if this is easy to reliably get vs alibaba it may be a better option in the short-mid term.

The two reasons are that KY is a small molecule so much cheaper and easier to synthetize, and because PTD is a wide peptide that doesn't penetrate well without microneedling. And even with microneedling it's difficult, that's why some people tried it and didn't get results.
We don't know yet in what proportion it's more effective, but it's probably the day and night concerning the human use in term of efficiency. But we know PTD doesn't penetrate well, if not at all.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
PTD-DBM has to be injected. KY can be delivered topically.

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score
PTD-DBM has to be injected. KY can be delivered topically.
That's fascinating thank you for sharing!

I guess that's why DMSO is listed as part of the ingredients/vehicle.

I wonder how much derma rolling/stamping is needed to get around that barrier and if that's relatively safe to do?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes, that is where I purchased it. Also the GHK-Cu Zn. Alternating days. Using in conjunction with microneedling once per week (Derminator 2). Not always consistent with microneedling due to social schedule. So far, the only thing observed is an increase in thickness of erupting existing hair. No new hair growth in bald areas. I will continue for three more months and report. Advice to date, save money for now.

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score
Advice to date, save money for now.
I'm curious if anyone can confirm, but isn't this PTD-DBM the much sought after peptide that Choi was working on?

I ask because I would have expected more people to jump on this but it seems there's not much chatter on it, why is that?
Is KY the new hope or is there evidence that PTD-DBM isn't as effective as we thought?

I recall @pegasus2 mentioned absorption wasn't as good as KY but I figured light derma rolling would resolve that...