PSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bismarck

Reaction score
PSI is also known under the name OSH101. Osteoscreen started studies with that substance. Because it will take years until it comes on the market (if at all) some users of the German hairloss forum decided to order that substance from a peptide producer. The should start the application this week. If PSI works as it should according to the theory :wink: , say goodbye to Propecia and Rogaine.

bis

Petchsky

Reaction score
OSH101 website,
OSH101’s hair growth effect was also compared to the hair growth effect of Rogaine®. The two groups were treated with OSH101 and Rogaine® respectively once per day for five days. After an additional sixteen days elapsed, hair growth was measured. OSH101 resulted in much faster and thicker hair growth than Rogaine®.

Sounds good, but only over 5 days and applied only once....

What do you know about this treatment Bismarck, any other info?

Bismarck

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
OSH101 website,
OSH101’s hair growth effect was also compared to the hair growth effect of Rogaine®. The two groups were treated with OSH101 and Rogaine® respectively once per day for five days. After an additional sixteen days elapsed, hair growth was measured. OSH101 resulted in much faster and thicker hair growth than Rogaine®.

Sounds good, but only over 5 days and applied only once....

What do you know about this treatment Bismarck, any other info?

The group has used PSI for one week now and some already notice vellus growth in the temples. Sounds promising.

bis

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, i'm actually sort of curious about this one since it wasn't immediately thrown out as a scam. is this stuff another option on the hairloss regimen list?

Bismarck

Reaction score
Trent8 said:
yeah, i'm actually sort of curious about this one since it wasn't immediately thrown out as a scam. is this stuff another option on the hairloss regimen list?

How can it be a scam? It isn't sold by anyone. Some guys from hairsite tried to order PSI, but they didn't get it. So the goup from alopezie.de are first private group trying it. Osteoscreen said the substance is safe but who knows.

Here is an excerpt from the page of Elaine Fuchs:
(http://www.hhmi.org/research/investigators/fuchs.html)

We have learned that at least two signaling pathways are central for activating the early transcriptional program of an embryonic stem cell to make a hair follicle. One is an ectodermal Wnt signal, which instructs an embryonic stem cell to stabilize the protein b-catenin. The other is a mesenchymal Noggin signal, which inhibits a BMP (bone morphogenetic protein) signal and instructs the embryonic stem cell to make the protein LEF1 (lymphoid enhancer factor 1). b-Catenin activates LEF1 to form a transcription factor, which then causes changes in the expression of genes that are critical for remodeling the underlying basement membrane and interactions with neighboring cells. Thus, to initiate this developmental program, the stem cell must simultaneously receive two distinct environmental signals from two neighboring cell types to activate a transcription factor, which then instructs the cells to move down from the ectodermal layer and form the follicle bud.

PSI is proteasome inhibitor and upregulates ß-catenin. It can therefore induce the growth of new follicles. And I believe the group when they say it grows hair on areas that have been bald for 10 years.

Concerning PSI, I have the wait-and-see-attitude. Upregulating ß-catenin too long can induce follicle tumors. It's heavy stuff.....

bis

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Yes Bis. That may be why the duration of treatment is supposedly going to be 2 to 4 weeks (then periodically). That strong upregulating, if controlled, is a good thing IMHO. It means you won't have to use that stuff ALL THE TIME.

You know, like fertilizing a plant. Toss on some manure, let the plant grow, toss on some manure next spring.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Yes Bis. That may be why the duration of treatment is supposedly going to be 2 to 4 weeks (then periodically). That strong upregulating, if controlled, is a good thing IMHO. It means you won't have to use that stuff ALL THE TIME.

You know, like fertilizing a plant. Toss on some manure, let the plant grow, toss on some manure next spring.

Yes. PSI is applied only for a comparatively short period every 3 months or so. In 2 months we'll see how good it is. Maybe it is not significantly better than Rogaine and produces results just faster.
Osteoscreen says since 2003 that they are going to initiate phase II trials. Why not ? Is it not effective enough ? Safety profile ? Who knows.
PSI has always been my favourite of future treatments because it has a completely different mode of action.

bis

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oh i didn't realize it was still in the trial stages.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Well, i'm going to keep tabs on it. Sounds promising.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Been over on hairlosshelp and there is a poster there following Osh101 quite closely. There are pictures posted on there from a German poster who seems to be having some good regrowth in a very short space of time. Stay posted.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sweet. keep an eye on it for us! thanks

G

Petchsky said:
Been over on hairlosshelp and there is a poster there following Osh101 quite closely. There are pictures posted on there from a German poster who seems to be having some good regrowth in a very short space of time. Stay posted.

I downloaded all the high res pictures, used distortion and affine-pin correction to line up features on top of each other (pimples, hair patterns, single grey hair on the right), this matches images taken from different angles (within reason).

I then layered two of the images on top of each other, the top one was inverted (turned into a negative) and it's opacity set to 50%.

this proccess done to two identical pictures produces a flat 50% grey featureless image, any differences show up as colour distortions, there was very little in these pictures.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Ce' Senorita... Thats probably in more detail than i looked at them. The pictures were super close ups. Annoying... i think they were after 14 days? I'll keep checking back every few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.