Prp: Proof That Pro Does Not Work. Prp Rip.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regardless of this study, scam-artists like Jerry Cooley and Gary Hitzig will still be offering it, and claiming results!
Unfortunately you’re probably right.

I actually got a FUT hair transplant from him and it was pretty good. I’m still happy with it.

Not too happy about male pattern baldness being progressive though. f*****g balding!!!!

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya so many respected hair surgeons push it as an alone treatment, even my dermatologist now offers it at her office for hairloss. I've heard some doctors say they offer it after a transplant to help with recovery not sure the consensus on that but one respected surgeon I forget who said he used to offer it after surgery but now doesn't because the studies show the difference wasn't significant.

Spend that money on some RC's.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
This study shows that PRP is basically same efficiency as microneedling https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32653577/ and another study on PRP https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32761771/
Strongly disagree.

In the 10+ years I’ve been searching I’ve never seen ONE person post positive PRP results, let alone photos!!!

Yet this forum alone is full of people that have have got results from microneedling. Yet zero PRP results posted by members.

Doctor Rassman over on balding blog is posting more about more about Microneedling. He’s very ethical and hates on anything new unless there’s proof. And yet he’s still anti PRP. Why? No results.

If anything, there might be rare occasions where PRP causes a microneedling healing effect. That seems most likely in that at least it’s logical.

AND then there’s big companies investing in microneedling. Nobody is investing in PRP.... apart from suckers here and balding people being taken advantage of.

That said I am not really responding to microneedling + oral min. But my eyes can’t deny all the photos and positive results being shared by responders.

About a month ago I added Tretinoin to my regime. Hopefully that makes me a responder.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The first study you posted says that the placebo group also improved by almost exactly the same amount. In other words, that study isn't very conclusive.
I said that PRP is almost the same as microneedling and microneedling also regrowth hair and placebo group was hitting scalp with needles but they dont contain PRP but saline, so the effect is almost the same as microneedling

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doctors shill prp so hard. I went to two derms to see about getting topical finasteride - they told me it didn't exist and seemed confused when I asked if they could get it compounded. What they wouldn't stop talking about is PRP. The dude sprinted out to make sure I had a brochure for it.

I guess its easy money for them. The condition doesn't improve so you just have to keep returning and paying them boatloads of money.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cooley said that and it didn’t happen. His f___king plucking didn’t happen either.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Strongly disagree.

In the 10+ years I’ve been searching I’ve never seen ONE person post positive PRP results, let alone photos!!!

Yet this forum alone is full of people that have have got results from microneedling. Yet zero PRP results posted by members.

Doctor Rassman over on balding blog is posting more about more about Microneedling. He’s very ethical and hates on anything new unless there’s proof. And yet he’s still anti PRP. Why? No results.

If anything, there might be rare occasions where PRP causes a microneedling healing effect. That seems most likely in that at least it’s logical.

AND then there’s big companies investing in microneedling. Nobody is investing in PRP.... apart from suckers here and balding people being taken advantage of.

That said I am not really responding to microneedling + oral min. But my eyes can’t deny all the photos and positive results being shared by responders.

About a month ago I added Tretinoin to my regime. Hopefully that makes me a responder.