Prothik...WOW!

Tee1234

Reaction score
I tried Prothik for the first time this morning and all I can say is Wow.

After just a couple sprays I had a hard time running my comb through my hair because of the increased thickness.

Questions for Prothik users:

Can I spread it around with my fingers?

Do you guys use Prothik first and then add your hair product or vice versa?

Thanks!

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And can you use product in it after, Come to think of it, can you put gel in any concealers? toppik, nano, maine etc..

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
The only product you should put on after prothik is a shiny hairspray to counteract the dulling effect. Anything else should be applied before.

Tee1234

Reaction score
Ahh, that makes sense Todd.

I was using the Prothik first, then my product and then finishing it off with a hair spray to add shine and hold it together.

It makes sense to use your hair product first. Doing it in reverse probably causes the Prothik to get all over my scalp because I massage the hair product into my hair after spraying the Prothik. I'll try it in reverse today and from now on.

Todd, do you use it on your hairline?

I wanted to use just a bit on my hairline and spread it around with my fingers. What do you think?

Sorry guys, don't have the capability to upload pics right now but I can tell you this stuff works.

For me, it's working light years better than toppik. If toppik is supposed to work in a similar fashion, either my hair type was not conducive to toppik or I wasn't applying it correctly.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I get as close to my hairline as possible, but that gets tricky.
If you get it on your scalp, it's very noticiable.
It depends on how much hair you have in that area.
Why do you need to spread it around, though?
Just keep the can about eight inches away from your head as you spray it and the product usually goes right where you want it to.

Tee1234

Reaction score
I wanted to spread it around because the stuff is so strong, spraying too much along my hairline might be too much.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
Tee1234 said:
Ahh, that makes sense Todd.

I was using the Prothik first, then my product and then finishing it off with a hair spray to add shine and hold it together.

It makes sense to use your hair product first. Doing it in reverse probably causes the Prothik to get all over my scalp because I massage the hair product into my hair after spraying the Prothik. I'll try it in reverse today and from now on.

Todd, do you use it on your hairline?

I wanted to use just a bit on my hairline and spread it around with my fingers. What do you think?

Sorry guys, don't have the capability to upload pics right now but I can tell you this stuff works.

For me, it's working light years better than toppik. If toppik is supposed to work in a similar fashion, either my hair type was not conducive to toppik or I wasn't applying it correctly.

ive seriously never heard that on this forum before.... :jackit:

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
nothing..just another person coming on here saying something works so good and when someone ask to post pictures..they always say the same thing "i dont have a camera or i cant upload pictures"

i posted pics when i was saying dermmatch works well,i dont understand why people wont post pictures,it doesnt make sense and its really hard to believe this day in age that someone doesnt have a digi cam or access to one to use,

i dont see what the big deal is about posting pictures,search the concealer thread over the years and its over 80% of people say "i dont have a camera" ya give me a break..deserves a double :jackit: :jackit:

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't need anybody to post their pictures.
I know the stuff works pretty well as long as you don't go overboard with it. I actually prefer it to the fiber concealers because it's easier to apply and stays on longer. Just don't use it like hairspray or you'll look stupid.

guitar66

Reaction score
threats77 said:
nothing..just another person coming on here saying something works so good and when someone ask to post pictures..they always say the same thing "i dont have a camera or i cant upload pictures"

i posted pics when i was saying dermmatch works well,i dont understand why people wont post pictures,it doesnt make sense and its really hard to believe this day in age that someone doesnt have a digi cam or access to one to use,

i dont see what the big deal is about posting pictures,search the concealer thread over the years and its over 80% of people say "i dont have a camera" ya give me a break..deserves a double :jackit: :jackit:

ummmm yeah, come on guys. everyone knows the big FOUR: finasteride, minoxidil, Nizoral, DIGITAL CAMERA. Without the digital camera, no treatments will work. Everyone knows that..... :jackit:

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
guitar66 said:
threats77 said:

ummmm yeah, come on guys. everyone knows the big FOUR: finasteride, minoxidil, Nizoral, DIGITAL CAMERA. Without the digital camera, no treatments will work. Everyone knows that..... :jackit:
Yes, it is kind of silly how up in arms people get about it.
Anybody who has used prothik can attest to its effectiveness. It just depends on how much hair you have and how you use the product. If you're completely bald in any area of your head, then it will look ridiculous if you apply the product to that part of your scalp. If you use copious amounts of it (i.e, applying it like you would a hairspary), you're going to look goofy. If you don't use a shiny hairspray to counteract the dulling effect of prothick, it will look like you have straw for hair. But if you have enough hair left and use the product appropriately, it works very well.