Prothik making my hair look white! [pic]

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I decided to give prothik a try. I just applied it and it makes my hair look white! Not everywhere, just some spots. I may have gotten to close in those areas, maybe that's why but I wanted to see if anyone has seen this before?

taking the pics off. Sorry guys.

Also, the whitening I experienced is what the company refers to as FROSTING.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Prothik making my hair look white!

put a picture up..im so sick of people starting threads like this that want help..put pics up and people will help you out

Reaction score
Re: Prothik making my hair look white!

threats77 said:
put a picture up..im so sick of people starting threads like this that want help..put pics up and people will help you out

there, i put a picture

s.a.f

Reaction score
Use something else then. :dunno:

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
black_squirrel said:
[quote="s.a.f":2sxookvl]Use something else then. :dunno:

why is everyone so bitter around here?[/quote:2sxookvl]

because there balding so they take it out on everyone lmao

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
king- said:
[quote="black_squirrel":33ofxyte][quote="s.a.f":33ofxyte]Use something else then. :dunno:

why is everyone so bitter around here?[/quote:33ofxyte]

because there balding so they take it out on everyone lmao[/quote:33ofxyte]

to extent ya,but its annoying with retarded threads which i must say 3/4 are just plain dumb! id like to see a before picture of this fella so i can laugh at how he thinks hes "balding" because 3 hairs fall out everyday in the sink

anyways i have no clue what that white stuff is..from the looks of your hair why are you even using a concealer? doesnt look like you need to

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
black_squirrel said:
Hi everyone,

I decided to give prothik a try. I just applied it and it makes my hair look white! Not everywhere, just some spots. I may have gotten to close in those areas, maybe that's why but I wanted to see if anyone has seen this before?

A chalky white that shows up after the prothik dries. :shakehead: It goes away if i wet my hands and run it through my hair a few times but i don't know why it's doing that

Lol...so you're saying that you put this product into your hair, once it dries it's white, but when you wet your hands and run them through your hair the white goes away!?!? lol

C'mon man. The product DRIES white. What else do you need us to say? I think it's pretty easy to figure out.

But on the plus side, your hair looks pretty solid. Maybe you don't even need this product. finasteride should keep that hair looking good.

s.a.f

Reaction score
black_squirrel said:
[quote="s.a.f":as4hly7t]Use something else then. :dunno:

why is everyone so bitter around here?[/quote:as4hly7t]

Kind of obvious conclusion though.

I'd also like to see the hair without concealer on.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I find that as I get close to the can being empty, the color seems to be a little bit lighter. You also need to shake the can before spraying it on. Sometimes my hair gets a frosted look, which I don't mind. It's better than my dome shining for all to see.
And yes, I think some posters here need to lighten up.

Reaction score
I'm pretty bald without the concealer trust me. I'll take pictures tomorrow morning after i get out of the shower. But why the hell is it drying WHITE??

does anyone else who uses prothik ever have thsi problem? The stuff is also hella hard to remove. I think i'm going to stick with my dermmatch

CCS

Reaction score
Before and after pics please! If it can make my hair look that thick, from bald like you say, then I'll accept the white. I'll start a new fashion.

IBM

Reaction score
Before and after pictures. Your results are pretty exciting.

CCS

Reaction score
black_squirrel said:
alright u fuckers, i put up before after pics. check first post

Hard to day what is better, the prothik, or the dermmatch. I know the dermmatch pics are real though. It did wonders for me. Only problem is it turns my hat brown, and sweat carries it through to the outside (need brown hat). Also comes off on pillow and finger nails. After about 5 months, the disk dries out and does not work as well. But it is really good before it dries out. For $30, dermmatch is very good. Not a cure though.

Scalp tattoo would be very nice while you got hair. Like dermmatch but no maintainance. Only problem is if you ever shave or go balder, people will wonder why your scalp is brown.

And sunlight reveals everything for both. Need hat.

Reaction score
threats77 said:
yer an idiot...yer not balding..get a life

why are you trying to hurt my feelings? I'd love it if i was not balding but I very much am. do you not see my pictures??

In terms of which one is better. Dermatch all the way. Prothik sucks. It does come off on fingernails but only if i scratch it. In a way it's good, because it keeps you from scratching your scalp too much, something you shouldn't be doing anyway. In terms of pillows...yeah, sometimes it does rub off...dark pillows for the win!

The other thing is i ALWAYS apply me dermmatch dry. If i get any water in it, it does not workout well for me. I just rub the applicator on the surface and then on my scalp. The same way you would apply eye shadow or something like that...no water invovled.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I use light brown prothik and it does sometimes vary in color. Just a litte one way or the other, but nothing drastic. I'm assuming the person who started the thread used black prothik since that seems to be his hair color. I cannot imagine why it would turn white. That makes no sense. I wonder if they sent him a can of white colored prothik by mistake. And word to the wise, if it gets gunked up on your head like that and is hard to get off, you're probably using too much. That happened to me with my first can (which only lasted five days) because I was using it like hairspray.
Now I can make a can last nearly two weeks, no problem. I also don't have issues with getting it off anymore.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You need to remember when it comes to concealers less is more go for improvement not perfection. You still have alot of hair dont put on so much and it will look much more natural.

CCS

Reaction score
I think pro-thik is a much faster application. But sounds like it is used up fast, and better for someone who is not doing a tone of hair line work.

Yeah, if I get a brown hat and brown pillow cases, I should be fine with dermmatch.