Protein shakes

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I went for two top hair transplant doctors and they both had on their post-operation sheet: NO protein shakes for fews weeks. I wonder why.

Last week I had a dental surgery and the dentist told me to take fluids only, no chewing for 3 weeks ! so I stock-up on protein shakes. three days later I am shedding again and my scalp is ITCHY!!. I stopped protein shakes yesterday and rubbed some tree-oil and today my scalp is much better. I should experiemnt more just to make sure.

and now I read this: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... ss-protein

anyone else ?

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
f*** me

I started eating protein bars as snacks and having protein powder with milk for breakfast when I was running late since I don't eat meat or other protein rich foods and protein is supposed to be good for hair growth, and I had increased shedding right around the same time.

But then there are any number of things that could have caused the shedding. And the shakes were 100% soy protein and the bars were only partly whey protein and I didn't really have that many of those because they're more than the shakes.

And yet despite the shedding, which was higher but not huge, my hair is looking better than ever. I don't get it.

Jacob

Reaction score
I take protein shakes/bars(mainly whey-based) all the time. You can find articles that say they help hair as well.

The only thing I do stay away from is non-fermented soy. .

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully that's not true. I've been working out for years and drink post workout protein shakes most of the time.

There has always been a correlation between working out and hair loss. I wonder if it is from the actual workout or things we take before or after the workout?

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of us get more than enough protein through normal meals. I'm not convinced we need protein shakes.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
virtuality said:
Most of us get more than enough protein through normal meals. I'm not convinced we need protein shakes.
If you want to increase muscle size, you need extra protein after workouts.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
Do we really need the amount of protein in the shakes, though?

I read - can't remember where - what we can only digest around 8g of protein per hour so the rest would simply be wasted (and is the cause of the protein farts people get!). Any truth in this?

jaindar343

Reaction score
protein shakes is a very useful of our healths. this make a man healthy. this is a very important and useful product of thin man.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I believe the reason hair transplant docs tell their clients to stop having protein supps two weeks before surgery is because it can thin the blood, which causes more bleeding when they take the strip, or punch grafts out

Jacob

Reaction score
Or maybe they want you to be weak so you don't punch their faces in. :woot:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
One consult told me beware that the extra protean can boost testosterone production which could hypothetically become dht

mugsy8

Reaction score
does excessive protein have any impact on increasing or decreasing hairloss in men with male pattern baldness?

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
i head that protein leads to higher testosterone but if it kills hair..puh would be interesting.my hairloss almost started when i began to train, drink shakes and green tea ect .but maybe it was just time for me to get ****ed up by male pattern baldness

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
i head that protein leads to higher testosterone but if it kills hair..puh would be interesting.my hairloss almost started when i began to train, drink shakes and green tea ect .but maybe it was just time for me to get ****ed up by male pattern baldness

I think it was just coincidence.