prostate shrinking? i'm urinating all the time!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
trentender said:
HairlossTalk said:
trentender said:
HairLossTalk.com your problem with me simply seems to be the fact that I am British.
LOL ... man you really are weak.
No just patriotic and observational.
The fact that you responded to several pointed questions and cited studies by saying I just dont like british people .... is weak. It means your argument is weak. It means you can't back up your erroneous statements. You are going to be watched like a hawk from now on in this forum trent. I have only seen 3 of your posts as of this writing, and in all three you have misinformed newbies with bad advice and bad information, based on "opinion" and lack of knowledge of the data.

1) You told one guy who has itchy nipples that this is a sign that he will have positive results with Propecia.

2) You stated that Revivogen doesn't have any science backing it.

3) You stated that someone taking a drug that is intended for increasing urinary flow could not possibly be seeing increased urinary flow.

HairLossTalk.com

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
trentender said:
Although I have only been posting here for 3 weeks I have been studying pharmacology (especially pharmodynamics) and biomedical science for many years.

I would think that after so many years of studying pharmacology, one would have a better grasp of the spelling of key subject areas such as pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics.

[url=http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=21742&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10 said:
trentender[/url]]The incidence of Propecia failing to work is reported by Merck to be only 17%. I beleive the reason Propecia fails in this small percentage is due to the pharmadynamics of the drug as opposed to the pharmakinetics. For those of you who are unsure about the difference between the two, pharmadynamics refers to the absorption, metabolism and distribution of the drug throughout the body. Some people (very few - estimates vary between 7%-19%) simply cannot absorb and have benefits from ANY medication taken orally. This is because either the drug is not being absorbed or broken down or distributed correctly by the body. Because the incidence of Propecia not working is only 17% (as reported by Merck) I believe that the failure of Propecia in these patients is due to pharmadynamics and not the action of the drug itself (pharmakinetics).

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
LOL .. he misspelled it?

:D

Im sorry, I shouldn't laugh.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
trentender said:
HairLossTalk.com your problem with me simply seems to be the fact that I am British. I have never taken any kind of attitude with you, or anyone on this forum, only given my honest opinions on subjects I have some knowledge of, but dont claim to be an expert in. It seems most people I have tried to help have been greatful.
To solve your little Anti-British complex you seem to have developed why dont you just set up seperate forums for British and Amercian people and you can have your website run the same way as South Africa was for many years, with the Blacks and Whites not mixing. How sad when British and American troops are dying alongside each other in Iraq. :(

Common man, how is HairLossTalk.com anti-British? As a fellow Briton I find that post embarassing.

Britannia

Reaction score
Yeah that was a pretty basic mistake to make, calling finasteride a DHT inhibitor when what I meant was 5-alpha reductase inhibitor. And yes I missed the "ac" from pharmacodynamics. And yes maybe I have opinions which some people have issues with.
Never mind hey.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Just learn and move on. You can not win every debate/argument but as long as you learn from it then it's okay...

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hey all im going to say is even though I have no formal training as a dermatigist, i know more about haerlosz than all of you. So step off!

HairLossTalk.com

Petchsky

Reaction score
Is it just me or is HairLossTalk.com taking no prisoners these days?

I think the naive allegations of being in Propecia's pocket by a few conspiracy theorists drove him over the edge, and a new HairLossTalk.com formed with his fists up ready to take anyone one that pisses him off.

I like it.

Or maybe HairLossTalk.com was possessed by aliens. One for the conspiracy theorists.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
LOL .. he misspelled it?

:D

Im sorry, I shouldn't laugh.

Well, from what little I quoted, I see six counts of one of either "pharmadynamics", "pharmakinetics", or "pharmodynamics".

We're missing a critical syllable. 0/6 doesn't seem like a typo.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
trentender said:
Yeah that was a pretty basic mistake to make, calling finasteride a DHT inhibitor when what I meant was 5-alpha reductase inhibitor. And yes I missed the "ac" from pharmacodynamics. And yes maybe I have opinions which some people have issues with.
Never mind hey.

Not to nitpick, but it was actually a "co" that was missing.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Is it just me or is HairLossTalk.com taking no prisoners these days?

I think the naive allegations of being in Propecia's pocket by a few conspiracy theorists drove him over the edge, and a new HairLossTalk.com formed with his fists up ready to take anyone one that pisses him off.

I like it.

Or maybe HairLossTalk.com was possessed by aliens. One for the conspiracy theorists.

More likely, the increased aggression comes from having stopped finasteride.

momo

Established Member
Reaction score
After slowly stopping my finasteride usage, I got this terrbile nut-ache the spread to the entire right crotch. I went to ER after not being able to fall asleep due to the pain. The urologist said that no catastrophe (sp?) was found and he sent me home with only pain killers and aching nuts (reminds me of my first dates :)).

I told him about stopping the finasteride usage and he was absolutely sure it was non-related to the pain.

I'm pretty sure it is. I'm also running a lot to the bathroom, and the urine is a bit scattered. I think it's my prostate getting larger as a result of the additional DHT. I've read of many others having a nut-ache while on finasteride.

Any opinions?