Prostaglandin Protocol General Discussion [swisstemples]

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
All dues to Swiss for publishing his findings but how can you say the hairs he grew are not dependent on his regimen? For that to be true he would have to stop for at least 3 months.

Because all evidence from studies suggests otherwise, because there is nothing he is using that is known to cause dependency.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because all evidence from studies suggests otherwise, because there is nothing he is using that is known to cause dependency.

Which studies would these be exactly?

He is blocking PGD2 which has a study that shows it destroys hair follicles, what makes you think that once you stop blocking PGD2 that it wont continue attack the follicles again?
Likewise PGE2 is being used a growth stimulant here, why would any new hair continue growing once the stimulant has been removed? One of the speculated pathways that minoxidil works via is PGE2.

The protocol is a treatment, not a cure as it does not permanently fix the underlying causes.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is a major failing of both finasteride and minoxidil that once you stop taking them, you end up exactly where you would have been without ever taking them in the first place. IMO this is evidence that they don't actually solve the problem, if they did you would end up where you were prior to taking the drug.

- - - Updated - - -

He already uses dutasteride already for quite a while.

Given that he uses dutasteride, why do people believe that his regrowth is due to lithium chloride, etc?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is a major failing of both finasteride and minoxidil that once you stop taking them, you end up exactly where you would have been without ever taking them in the first place. IMO this is evidence that they don't actually solve the problem, if they did you would end up where you were prior to taking the drug.

- - - Updated - - -

Given that he uses dutasteride, why do people believe that his regrowth is due to lithium chloride, etc?
You don't end up where you would have been had you never taken it with finasteride.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

If you read his blog he explains that he started with finasteride and then went on to dutasteride, he maintained but did not regain his temples and he is a non-res ponder to minoxidil. He did get regrowth with his protocol however as others have pointed out his start point is not where he makes out so it's maybe not as impressive as it seems at first but kudos for getting the regrowth that he did. It does seem that he hit a limit but I've got no problem if I am proved wrong if/when he posts pictures showing dense regrowth.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
SwissTemples hair doesn't need to be perfect until he updates next. IF someone can talk to him please urge him to post some pictures.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SwissTemples hair doesn't need to be perfect until he updates next. IF someone can talk to him please urge him to post some pictures.

Does anyone know how I can get setipiprant. Is groups buys a monthly thing?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I don't really know my friend.
I think rather it is more like " a no better new treatment still unavailable thing". :-(
Is groups buys a monthly thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Try your luck over at the Dedicated Seti thread. G-Luck.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe he stumbled upon a secret formulation in his lab and single handedly cured hair loss so he doesn't need to come back?

I don't know man. He was a smart guy for sure.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody know where Captain Hook is? He was a pharmacist, if I remember correctly.

He really had great posts. But haven't read anything from him since December 27th, and I don't
know why.

Does anybody know?

Unfortunately his brain rotted away after 1 month of Finasteride and he is now a vegetable.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Poor Swiss, he swiftly went from Swiss cheese to Swiss chard in a New York minute.
If this keeps up his Swiss watch will be thoroughly cleaned by the next sun down,
Zurich time of course.

Drugs & Swiss' sweet heart.

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
Thats a very bad sign you have gyno. It means your estradiol levels are high. New studies are showing estradiol slows hair growth. Take some zinc picolinate 50mg and b6 to lower it. This will also help boost your testosterone which will help grow your hair.

I didn't know that about estradiol slowing down hair growth. Thanks man. I have the same issue, even on .25mg getting gyno.

I used to take zinc before, and it did help with gyno and also made hair better first couple days after taking it. And then losses effect on hair, from my point of view.
I tried to cycle zinc after that. Do you cycle it? Like take every other day or similar.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't know that about estradiol slowing down hair growth. Thanks man. I have the same issue, even on .25mg getting gyno.

I used to take zinc before, and it did help with gyno and also made hair better first couple days after taking it. And then losses effect on hair, from my point of view.
I tried to cycle zinc after that. Do you cycle it? Like take every other day or similar.

I was exactly the same as you, 0.25mg of finasteride every 3 days caused me irreversible gyno. Crazy... I used to take Zinc pills as well for a long time but I didn't notice much difference in hair when I stopped (Didn't take zinc picolinate and b6 together though)

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
I was exactly the same as you, 0.25mg of finasteride every 3 days caused me irreversible gyno. Crazy... I used to take Zinc pills as well for a long time but I didn't notice much difference in hair when I stopped (Didn't take zinc picolinate and b6 together though)

Sucks man. pgd2 blockers are our only solution. CB is too expensive. We need Samumed now and something better than seti. Is it helping you?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Too early to say really as I realised that the vehicle I was using for seti (stemoxydine, the cheap garner one) was becoming unstable after a few days, waiting on eth/PG in post. I am taking oral seti as well as a stop gap until I can sort out the vehicle, but it's not doing anything other than reducing my itch, topical is the way to go for efficacy.

I do think castor oil is having a positive effect as since I started using it topically with DMSO my hair has improved in density and overall appearance. But yeah too early to say how it's working as a whole yet.