proscar and propecia

new guy

Reaction score
ok, from what ive heard from people on this board it seemed as though propecia is the ulitimate drug for maintaing your hair or even regrowth. But i was wondering about proscar, what kind of drug is this, becasue from what i hear proscar is half the price of propecia, and so i was wondering guys would you guys recommend this drug over propecia?? if so why?

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Both propeica and proscar contain finasteride (the actual drug that blocks DHT). Propeica is in the 1mg form which is stated for hairloss and proscar is 5mg stated for BPH. So to save money people buy proscar and cut it into fifths and take 1 fifth a day therefore getting 1mg.

wildcard

Reaction score
I think the story is that when several ppl reported that they got more hair during the proscar trials, the company made a pill exactly the same but with 1mg finasteride and multiplied the price by 5.

My doctor recommended taking proscar instead cause it would save me money.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
wildcard said:
I think the story is that when several ppl reported that they got more hair during the proscar trials, the company made a pill exactly the same but with 1mg finasteride and multiplied the price by 5.

My doctor recommended taking proscar instead cause it would save me money.

I don't think it was quite that simple. I'm pretty certain they tested to see what was the best amount to grow hair and avoid side effects.

bobisback11

Reaction score
yeah they probably tested it, but why does a pill that is 5mg cost less than a pill that is exactly the same in 1mg form.. hmmm... anyway merk is nothing but a company filled with cheats and liars, they lied about the side effects about another drug they offered, can;t remember the name right now, but after testing it merk found out the side effect was death and never told anyone. you should just get proscar and split it into fiths, or the finpecia which is offered by Cipla

misterium

Reaction score
Oh Merk is definately a bunch of greedy c****.

You can be sure of that.