Propecia & Proscar Class Action lawsuit against Merc

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Reduced testosterone and DHT is not good for a young male it affects not only his ability to have a bonner but his confidence and physical state.

First of all you have a serious inexactity here, in fact, finasteride raises testosterone, because, you know, DHT is formed from T, so less DHT=more T.
T is the main male hormone, DHT is just a more potent T, important mainly in puberty. After complete body development at, let's say, 20 something years, it grows thick hair on your chest and destroys the hair on the scalp.
Other than that, no, finasteride does not make you unable to have a boner. IT doesn't even block all DHT, only 60-70% of it.
Anyway, it's a matter of choice, what you want much: to have sex with ****loads of girls, or have an acceptable head of hair.
For me personally, i'd choose the second option anytime. It doesn;t mean i don;t enjoy sex, it's just that it's not the main thing in my life, (anyway i think it's greatly overestimated, there is too much obsession with sex nowdays). Ok, it's a biological need, but to make the main goal of your youth to screw as many girls and make that some kind of trophy, that really is not my type.
OF course i wouldn't like to take a drug that would make me impotent, but if it only reduces my sex drive and keeps the hair on my head, that's an acceptable compromise.
And i doubt that none in 40 girls wouldn't have a problem with a NW4, but anyway, why would only girls opinions matter?
If hairloss affects me to the point that i no more want to look in the mirror, or i'm disgusted from what i see, that is bad, even if there's a full harem out there who would accept to have sex with me and wouldn't be bothered by my baldness.

And as a final conclusion, if finasteride just lowers my libido so that i can still enjoy sex, but allowing me to focus on other important aspects in life than wanting to screw any girl i see, that is ok for me. What could be wrong?

And all medicines have very rare , but nasty sides. Of course it's very important to be informed of all possible sides. But that doesn't mean you must be that scared/concerned so to never take that drug.
It's like, let's say, driving a car. I mean,in any country, almost everyday some unlucky people die from a car crash, so, in theory, you also can die anyday from a car accident.
Does that mean you won't get into a car again?
Isn't it the same with finasteride? Yes, there are some rare, very unlucky guys who have persistent sides after quitting. But there are others who take it for 20 years with no sides, and maintained hair. And there are tons of others who have succes with it.

freeflow

Reaction score
HEy zdm632, i experience the same with finasteride, lowered libido and great results with hair. Do you have uploaded pictures?

zerolibido

Reaction score
if things go wrong it will not only lower your libido it will chemically castrate you,,,there will be no libido atall,,,you wont be straight or gay,,,you will be nothing,,,no sexual feeling in the body and no sexual thoughts in the mind,,,the guy above says people who get sides is like people who are unlucky enough to be in a car crash???,,,a car crash is an accident my friend,,,putting this poison in your body is no accident it is litrally russian roulette,,,life was great before i touched finasteride,,,now life is over,,,yes i am alive physically but i cant feel anything,,,i am like the living dead,,,all because i took some stupid medication to stop my hair falling out.......................

LewisHamilton

Banned
Reaction score
if things go wrong it will not only lower your libido it will chemically castrate you,,,there will be no libido atall,,,you wont be straight or gay,,,you will be nothing,,,no sexual feeling in the body and no sexual thoughts in the mind,,,the guy above says people who get sides is like people who are unlucky enough to be in a car crash???,,,a car crash is an accident my friend,,,putting this poison in your body is no accident it is litrally russian roulette,,,life was great before i touched finasteride,,,now life is over,,,yes i am alive physically but i cant feel anything,,,i am like the living dead,,,all because i took some stupid medication to stop my hair falling out.......................

and people on here still value their hair more than sexual function! Going bald sucks but is nothing like feeling you've been castrated and your hormones are permanently and irreversibly out of whack!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
and people on here still value their hair more than sexual function! Going bald sucks but is nothing like feeling you've been castrated and your hormones are permanently and irreversibly out of whack!

giphy.gif

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score

Not true.

We value our hair because it's completely normal that we want to look our best. Yes, Finasteride can cause side effects like any other medication, however, they have not been shown that side effects can be persistent.

Also, the 5-AR inhibitors such as Dutasteride and Finasteride are far from causing any type of chemical castration. They do not cause hormones to go out of 'whack' in your body. They are specifically synthesized anti-androgens to inhibit an an enzyme in the body named '5-alpha-reductase' and there are three known types. They are specifically designed to lower the amount an androgen named 'Dihydrotestosterone' in the body, by inhibiting an enzyme named '5-alpha-reductase' which I previously stated. That's all what the medications were synthesized for, nothing else.

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
Not true.

We value our hair because it's completely normal that we want to look our best. Yes, Finasteride can cause side effects like any other medication, however, they have not been shown that side effects can be persistent.

Also, the 5-AR inhibitors such as Dutasteride and Finasteride are far from causing any type of chemical castration. They do not cause hormones to go out of 'whack' in your body. They are specifically synthesized anti-androgens to inhibit an an enzyme in the body named '5-alpha-reductase' and there are three known types. They are specifically designed to lower the amount an androgen named 'Dihydrotestosterone' in the body, by inhibiting an enzyme named '5-alpha-reductase' which I previously stated. That's all what the medications were synthesized for, nothing else.

Your information is not complete the drug also participates in '3-alpha-reductase' :

Recent preclinical data indicate that the subsequent

3á-reduction of DHT, DHP and DHDOC produces steroid metabolites with rapid
non-genomic effects on brain function and behavior, primarily via an enhancement of
ã-aminobutyric acid (GABA)ergic inhibitory neurotransmission. Consistent with their
ability to enhance the action of GABA at GABAA receptors, these steroid derivatives
(termed neuroactive steroids) possess anticonvulsant, antidepressant and anxiolytic effects
in addition to altering aspects of sexual- and alcohol-related behaviors.

http://img2.timg.co.il/forums/1_125030674.pdf

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Thanks for the article from 2006. Keep up the bad work.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
The good posters : Why do you waste your time with these guys? I just laugh at them. They should be banned or this rubbish should be in the "side effect" sub forum which is usually filled with whacky stuff.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter which year the research is from it is still 9 years after drug release. But you can check feedback from actual patients here:

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20788&name=PROPECIA&PerPage=60&sort=dateAdded&order=0

It looks like only the minority have no side effects.

Maybe the minority from THAT SITE.
By what reason do you believe that the number of people who wrote there(440) is representative for the total number of Finasteride users(millions i think)??
For example i am a finasteride user, with no sides(or negligible) and i never entered there.
Actually people who have no sides don't enter that sites.
I only had a look at the first page, and there's a 75 year old complaining from hand tremor from finasteride. Others complain about dry eyes... Come on...

And you people must stay and think about it and realize the proportions: 400 users on the internet with half of them complaining about things that don't have anything to do with finasteride ,
when compared to the much greater amount of finasteride users is negligible.
Go ahead and compute on a calculator:
400/1.000.000=0.0004=very small.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel very sorry for you. Yes, it's important for people to be aware that such problems may appear with finasteride.
How long did you take finasteride?
At least your hair is maintaining, if ,as you say, you probably have no DHT even after stopping finasteride???
The chemical castration is false, my friend.
Chemical castration=no male hormones!
finasteride only inhibits the enzyme that turns T into DHT.
So T is still in the body, actually a bit higher, because the T that used to turn into DHT remains T.

But are you sure it's exclusively because of finasteride? What did doctors tell you?
Because there are people who suffer from ED or libido loss, even if they didn';t touch finasteride.
ED has many causes and tends to bother younger and younger people.

- - - Updated - - -

Your information is not complete the drug also participates in '3-alpha-reductase' :

Recent preclinical data indicate that the subsequent

3á-reduction of DHT, DHP and DHDOC produces steroid metabolites with rapid
non-genomic effects on brain function and behavior, primarily via an enhancement of
ã-aminobutyric acid (GABA)ergic inhibitory neurotransmission. Consistent with their
ability to enhance the action of GABA at GABAA receptors, these steroid derivatives
(termed neuroactive steroids) possess anticonvulsant, antidepressant and anxiolytic effects
in addition to altering aspects of sexual- and alcohol-related behaviors.

http://img2.timg.co.il/forums/1_125030674.pdf

Have in mind that 5-AR is NOT COMPLETELY reduced by finasteride, only some 60%.

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
It is well known that finasteride causes sides effects in a small porcentage. But the more users, the more people suffering sides; that´s why lawsuits are taking place and that´s why label sides have been updated last years.

Further studies have to be done about finasteride actions in young male, in users after 10 years, etc. And we all are going to benefit from them whether we experience sides or not. Information is power.

Sides while on the drug are not only affecting 0,0004% it was said about 1-3% (am I wrong?) which is a lot of people taking into account that there are millions of users. However, if they are negligible/ bearable/ reversible then it is easy; as someone has already said it is a decision between pros and cons such as "I know I have watery semen and lower libido but I am happier having hair".

What happens is that in a very lower but existing porcentage users can have persisting sides after-quitting, the cause is already unknown but doctors and even propecia label warn about an increasing number of cases. Maybe it is only like a 0,00X% but we are thousands who need help from somewhere because we thought the drug was safer when starting taking it. I was bad informed before taking it and that´s not fair.

Pharmaceuticals need to feel the pressure in order to initiate studies and look for solutions.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
PFS is real.Sides are real too but what bothers me now is what am i gonna do without finasteride in my arsenal

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Going into a hair loss war without propecia, is like going to war with a developed country with only sticks and rocks in your arsenal.

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
I'm wandering if anyone has done enough research on what is causing his hair loss before starting to take medications. Now I'm sure someone will say it is DHT but you have DHT since birth.
So something increases hair follicle's sensitivity to DHT or there is a big fluctuation in T and DHT levels since only 4-5% of T are converted to DHT.

Let assume for a moment that follicle's sensitivity to DHT stay the same and the reason is in Testosterone level fluctuation. What is the reason what have changed in your life?
Most common answer will be stress that increases Cortisol levels (lowering T levels) and the body tries to overcompensate by producing more DHT.
Question is: How can we regulate Cortisol levels so the body is not forced to increase DHT production?

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BY NOT READING POSTS LIKE YOURS.
Either you are really dumb or just a troll.
You really think that this question has not been asked??
Teens like me who are happy with life and full of joy are receding bcoz our follicles are sensitive to DHT and hoenstly the answer to baldness is WE STOP DHT FROM GETTING TO THE RECEPTORS.Simple as that but no way easy as it sounds.
Calm your mammaries we have CB0301 coming for that too

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
BY NOT READING POSTS LIKE YOURS.
Either you are really dumb or just a troll.
You really think that this question has not been asked??
Teens like me who are happy with life and full of joy are receding bcoz our follicles are sensitive to DHT and hoenstly the answer to baldness is WE STOP DHT FROM GETTING TO THE RECEPTORS.Simple as that but no way easy as it sounds.
Calm your mammaries we have CB0301 coming for that too

I never thought I'll say this but Finasteride may be a good thing for individuals like you and not because it will keep some hair on your scalp but because it will help you manage your emotions.
And before starting to call someone dumb consider that DHT effect on your hair is the nature way of telling women to stay away from male that is not in control his emotions and has poor response to stress.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WOW an anti-finasteride saying finasteride is good!!!Man i have seen more then others.

LewisHamilton

Banned
Reaction score
Most people shave their heads and actually like the look, far better than tampering with vital male sex hormones! If it means that much to you hair systems have advanced a lot in recent years and are undetectable , so there are all alternative, but by taking finasteride you are saying to pharmaceutical companies that they are doing enough when in fact you should be demanding better side effect free medication that regrows hair and is safe for men . By taking finasteride there will never be advancements for stopping hair loss because there is no demand as your happy to accept finasteride and all the negative sides that go with it !

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Most people shave their heads and actually like the look, far better than tampering with vital male sex hormones! If it means that much to you hair systems have advanced a lot in recent years and are undetectable , so there are all alternative, but by taking finasteride you are saying to pharmaceutical companies that they are doing enough when in fact you should be demanding better side effect free medication that regrows hair and is safe for men . By taking finasteride there will never be advancements for stopping hair loss because there is no demand as your happy to accept finasteride and all the negative sides that go with it !

Come on...80% of those who shave their heads do not look good.
Hair systems=too much hassle and maintenance, and big costs.