Propecia Journal: New Pic Aug 2008*Update*

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks better in I and J, but did you also dye your hair black? I think you need to take a close-up next time, like your earlier pics, because it's hard to tell. But it looks like your front hair is thickened up, cuz in your older pics you can see your scalp about .5-1.0 inches.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
weezer, your pic A looks very similar to my diffuse hair loss. Was it like that before you used propecia? Did it get slightly worse while you were on propecia and then improve?

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
weezer, your pic A looks very similar to my diffuse hair loss. Was it like that before you used propecia? Did it get slightly worse while you were on propecia and then improve?
I dont know if it was psyhcological but i noticed it got better the first month I was on Propecia. A month later i went through a shed then I got on Rogaine. I should of waited cause I have no idea what drug improved my frontal hairloss

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks much thicker in my opinion. Are you happy?

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
Happy with the hair yes! but gained weight the past 6months since ive been on the drug. Need to work on that next.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
whereabouts do you apply the foam? all over? or just at the front?
thanks

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
I apply rogaine just below my hairline (onSkin) then what ever is left I apply it to my hairline.
As for thinning from being on Propecia, I have gone threw a series of sheds like once every other month. But I haven't had a shed for a while. I'am very contect with my hair I would say I'm cured! I even had to thin out my hair cause it was getting so thick, it was getting hard to style.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't get your explanation on how you apply rogaine...are you saying you apply rogaine to your forehead?

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
yes thats right! just below my hairline. then i message the rest of it upward towards the hairline where it was once thinning. The only reason i apply it on forehead is so that my hairline isn't so high. I picked an area on my forehead not exceed growth. Like i have a tiny mole so i know not to go any lower then that tiny mole.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I dont see a significant improvement, its probabily because u were not bad to start with. You definitely maintain very well though.

Snoogans

Reaction score
i dont know how anyone can say thats only maintenance

looks good, dude

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
At his stage of hairloss I doubt propecia did anything to help. Most people don't lose vast amounts of hair in one month. IMO. Looks a little better though. Thats why I started the foam. Propecia isn't growing anything.

demo99

Reaction score
I have only hairloss in the front.

At first I took finasteride and my hair status did not change. Then I switched to Dutasteride. I think several hair regrowed. Now I additional apply minoxidil and there are a lot of regrowing hair now.

I only take minoxodil for supporting. After the hair status is solid, I try to discontinue minoxidil and I will only take dutasteride.

conclusion: in my case minoxodil was responsible for new hairs and dht blocker helped to ensure the hair status

regards demo99

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
hairline

Hey man!! Keep up the good work! Did your hairline and area right behind it lose density with the foam before it got better?? If so, could you please describe the timeline? Thanks man, we really appreciate it!-Tim

RaginDemon

Reaction score
gsxr60097 said:
At his stage of hairloss I doubt propecia did anything to help. Most people don't lose vast amounts of hair in one month. IMO. Looks a little better though. Thats why I started the foam. Propecia isn't growing anything.

what the hell are you talking about? His hair loss is definitely at the initial stage, finasteride will most likely thicken up his hair.