Propecia Didnt Droped My Dht Levels

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello my friends..im new member and its my first time i write here.
So,few things about me..im from Greece im almost 30 years old and experiecing hairloss since my early 20s..im now NW3 diffuse..
Before starting propecia i checked my DHT levels and it was
1.1 ng/ml with range 0.25-0.99
So a bit more higher
Then when i started finasteride 0.5mg,its 6 months now and my dht levels now is 1ng/ml
Its like i didnt take nothing..its supossed to be 60%lower right??it is normal??
Sorry for my bad english guys..thank you!!

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
No,i was taking just kreatine and stopped 20 days before blood works
I really dont understand

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More and more people with "genetic resistance" are popping up here. One guy had high levels of prolactin which may help in keeping up the number of 5ar enzyme (?). So I guess you could check it out.

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will check it..but if prolactin is in normal range??
What i have to do after?increase dosage to 1mg?drop finasteride and take something else..maybe try topical finasteride..im so confused now
I use brand propecia and cut it on 2

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If prolactin levels are normal, you can up your dosage. However, several people did not see their DHT levels drop even after doubling their dosage. You should try anyway.

You can try also topical finasteride, however I dont think its that effective.

On the last part, when do you cut your pills? In other words, do you cut them and take them directly? Or cut all the pills at once? Because leaving pills open can reduce their efficacy and even render them useless.

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a pill cutter..when i cut 1 tab into 2..i take 1 once..the other half stay inside pill cutter until next day..pill cutter have something like empty place for storage

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
More and more people with "genetic resistance" are popping up here. One guy had high levels of prolactin which may help in keeping up the number of 5ar enzyme (?). So I guess you could check it out.

Actually a lot of us have high prolactin and is likely dependant on how sensitive your E is to finasteride.

OP you might have something called backdoor synthesis whereby your body produces DHT through other methods although some people claim 5ar is still a piece of that equation.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually a lot of us have high prolactin and is likely dependant on how sensitive your E is to finasteride.

OP you might have something called backdoor synthesis whereby your body produces DHT through other methods although some people claim 5ar is still a piece of that equation.
Actually, I was wrong. It turns out high levels of prolactin lowers DHT levels.

This "backdoor synthesis" could be inhibited?

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was taking accutan 10 years ago for acne..
Also i smoking i dont know if this play a role on dht

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was taking accutan 10 years ago for acne..
Also i smoking i dont know if this play a role on dht
10 years ago. Dont think it can affect your system at this moment.
Smoking, diets, all that crap cannot affect hormone levels in any significant way.
You're cutting the pills the correct way.

You're only hope is researching this "backdoor synthesis" Ollie mentioned. That is, if you dont want to bring some bigger guns to the table :p

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol..what u recomend next..duta?
Duta may not work for you, as both are 5ar inhibitors. You should try though.

Its not over... yet. finasteride/duta are at the front line of drugs that can be used to treat hair loss. There are more powerful drugs, on the downside of having more side effects.

Consider how much you value your hair, how far you're willing to go to save them locks.

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm..i value my hair than nothing else..i dont wanna loose more density..but i dont go to trany drugs

Ru or cb maybe?what do u think

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont know much about Ru, nor Cb. Someone will definitely chime in and gives you some insight.

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you .. if someone can advice me for something to stop my hairloss..PLEASE answer to this thread..i will much appreciate it

Last edited:

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical RU of CB can give you some maintenance but don’t expect regrowth

Ok..what about topical duta,u think its gonna work?
I ask because i read that is very popular these days and works..but i think that even topicals dht blockers may work because they goes systemic and drops dht..am i wrong?
If im right im so f****n unlucky

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm. The only "backdoor synthesis" that @Ollie mentioned have got to do with the DHEA-S route.

DHEA and DHEA-S are precursors to all sex-hormones. They can convert to any hormone being Testosterone, Estradiol, Progesterone and even DHT directly. Alot of people neglect to measure their DHEA-S levels out of sheer ignorance and/or negligance.

I would advice you to take the branded Propecia with the full recommended dose 1mg. After 2 months, if DHT is still not reduced, test your DHEA-S levels as they could be the alternate route for your high DHT levels. We cannot recommend you stronger drugs than 5ARIs until we figure out where the true problem stems from.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm. The only "backdoor synthesis" that @Ollie mentioned have got to do with the DHEA-S route.

DHEA and DHEA-S are precursors to all sex-hormones. They can convert to any hormone being Testosterone, Estradiol, Progesterone and even DHT directly. Alot of people neglect to measure their DHEA-S levels out of sheer ignorance and/or negligance.

I would advice you to take the branded Propecia with the full recommended dose 1mg. After 2 months, if DHT is still not reduced, test your DHEA-S levels as they could be the alternate route for your high DHT levels. We cannot recommend you stronger drugs than 5ARIs until we figure out where the true problem stems from.
What can be done to this DHEA-S route?