Propecia and Pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Propecia is very, very dangerous!

if you are that scared/concerned about finasteride, then dont take it.

Stop bashing it and trying to convince others it does nothing but harm.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Well Obviously you have never met Dr Shapiro or Dr Cohen. These guys actually turn away patients who they feel are too young for transplants. They could make more in one week than any drug company is ever going to give them over 20 years for pushing Propecia if they worked on these young patients.

The stuff you speak of goes on more with PCP dr's who prescribe many different drugs and in greater quantities.

kaner529

Reaction score

Some of the posts on this forum are rediculous. I'm 20 years old and have been taking propecia for exactly 2 years now. I haven't noticed any sides, and to be quite honest, I am as happy as ever, and get as many girls as ever. I have never had any sexual side effects and people who post on this forum just to scare people away shows the lack of a life you have. It's one thing to have an opinion, it another thing to be obsessed with forcing your opinion on others who can easily fend for themselves. We all know that there are POSSIBLE side effects with propecia and that the long term effects are unknown, but propecia has been out for about 10 years now and although that doesn't qualify as long term, if there were major issues then we would begin to hear about it soon. I think that a lot of people go on these forums and get scared by people like MEW and get in their own heads and cause their own "side effects." Now dont get me wrong, I do believe that there are side effects associated with the use of finasteride, but the fact is that only around 1% actually get them, and the most severe of side effects probably only occur on the avg of maybe every 1 in 1000 or 1 in 10000. Get a grip!

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score

kaner529 said:
We all know that there are POSSIBLE side effects with propecia and that the long term effects are unknown, but propecia has been out for about 10 years now and although that doesn't qualify as long term, if there were major issues then we would begin to hear about it soon.

Proscar which is 5 times the dose of Propecia has been out for over 15 years now.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

kaner529 said:
Some of the posts on this forum are rediculous. I'm 20 years old and have been taking propecia for exactly 2 years now. I haven't noticed any sides, and to be quite honest, I am as happy as ever, and get as many girls as ever. I have never had any sexual side effects and people who post on this forum just to scare people away shows the lack of a life you have. It's one thing to have an opinion, it another thing to be obsessed with forcing your opinion on others who can easily fend for themselves. We all know that there are POSSIBLE side effects with propecia and that the long term effects are unknown, but propecia has been out for about 10 years now and although that doesn't qualify as long term, if there were major issues then we would begin to hear about it soon. I think that a lot of people go on these forums and get scared by people like MEW and get in their own heads and cause their own "side effects." Now dont get me wrong, I do believe that there are side effects associated with the use of finasteride, but the fact is that only around 1% actually get them, and the most severe of side effects probably only occur on the avg of maybe every 1 in 1000 or 1 in 10000. Get a grip!

I have never doubted finasteride will cause undesired sides for users, but Mew has just made things too ridiculous.

If finasteride is THAT dangerous, I am very confident it would have been banned for many years.

It's good to hear that finasteride is doing a great job for you, I hope it will get better in 2008!

souldoctor

Reaction score

maternal exposure to finasteride during pregnancy can result in hypospadias

A

Administrator

First off, I dont like the topic of this thread, so it is being changed. It is not accurate, it is vague, and I have always hated fear mongers. This thread's original post was inquiring as to the safety of Propecia during pregnancy. It was not, as the topic implies, a thread confirming the intense danger of taking Propecia.

Secondly, we've gotten off topic and are bumping this horribly inaccurate titled thread to the top with off topic posts, so they have been removed as well. The answer to the original posters question is as follows (actually using data, instead of absurd opinion and conjecture) Hundreds of times the regular dose of finasteride was directly injected into the CURRENTLY pregnant uterus of a female monkey with a MALE baby. The baby was drown in finasteride. First common sense note: This wont ever happen in real life. Directly injecting anything into a uterus is asking for trouble. Everyone knows this. Everyone also knows that pregnant women have to avoid hundreds of very common medications. Again, common sense. Despite the fact that the baby was practically swimming in Finasteride, the only harm that resulted, was to the *male* baby (not even the female baby), and the result was an underdeveloped urethra. The urethra did not completely close when forming. I have seen the study photos myself. There was a slight hole in the underside of the penis. Despite being drown in a pool of finasteride, the baby didn't die. Keep that perspective when you are discussing the "DANGERS" of propecia during pregnancy.

Now think of cold medicine. Would you start a thread saying "BENADRYL IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!!!!!!!" ? Probably not. But if you were to inject a gallon of Benadryl into the uterus of a pregnant woman, a hell of a lot more than an underdeveloped urethra would result. People need to start thinking with common sense. Using analogies will help those who are challenged in this area. Find something equal, and compare. Benadryl for example. This way you'll be able to be more logical in your conclusions. If you wish to stop taking Finasteride while you conceive a baby, that is your decision. However again, use common sense. By the time a baby is at the point of developing male sex organs, do you really think your finasteride-carrying-sperm is still sitting in the womans vagina? It was washed out weeks ago. Long gone. Common sense. You have a brain. Work that thing :)

souldoctor said:
maternal exposure to finasteride during pregnancy can result in hypospadias
Maternal Direct Injection of hundreds of times the standard dose of finasteride directly into the Uterus carrying a male baby can result in hypospadias. While that does qualify as exposure, it would be irresponsible for a physician to use that term, as exposure also implies finasteride dust even floating by the inhaling nostril of a pregnant woman.

And with that, yes, im locking this thread, so all you censorship enthusiasts can start complaining again.

Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.