Proof To The Efficacy Of Wounding+minoxidil

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
Props for the dedication, I'm planning to do this with castor oil and LiCl for a year, and then reduce the minoxidil frequency to every other day or every third day, and just see how far I can push it without losing too many gains. I'm also a decent responder to minoxidil.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Props for the dedication, I'm planning to do this with castor oil and LiCl for a year, and then reduce the minoxidil frequency to every other day or every third day, and just see how far I can push it without losing too many gains. I'm also a decent responder to minoxidil.

Castor oil has almost no supporting evidence to its efficacy, regardless of its presumed biological effects, same with LiCl. Both are novel at best. Using wounding and minoxidil, respectively or together, far outshine either of those substances and are backed by an almost infinite amount of evidence and years of scientific research. You're pretty much giving up something that works for something that probably doesn't. Regardless, let me know how it turns out.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
Castor oil has almost no supporting evidence to its efficacy, regardless of its presumed biological effects, same with LiCl. Both are novel at best. Using wounding and minoxidil, respectively or together, far outshine either of those substances and are backed by an almost infinite amount of evidence and years of scientific research. You're pretty much giving up something that works for something that probably doesn't. Regardless, let me know how it turns out.

No, I'm not giving up on anything. I meant I'm doing what you did (dermarolling+minoxidil) and adding castor oil and LiCl to the regime

Last edited:

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not giving up on anything. I meant I'm doing what you did (dermarolling+minoxidil) and adding castor oil and LiCl to the regime

Rock on then brother! LiCl post wound can only help. I still doubt castor oil will do anything. People were using exogenous PGE2 with absolutely no results after months of application.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience.I have been doing dermarolling as an addition to finasteride+minoxidil for 10 months.
Personally, I like the way dermarolling appears to keep the scalp in good conditions and appears less oily. Whether it has done much to my thickness or regrowth, I have no idea.
What I do differently is:
-0.5mm dermastamp (I have longish hair. Stamping takes longer but less tangles). It doesn't seem to 'wound' as yours does due to shorter needles.
-I do this 2-4 times a week, over the temples, frontal third, and crown/vertex.
-I still apply minoxidil straight after dermarolling. I always thought the idea is to improve absorption?
Perhaps I have always been a poor responder to minoxidil, I have not suffered any notable sides? or perhaps 0.5mm just isn't deep enough?
Any thoughts?

jamesrav2

Reaction score
interesting thread and results. I'm a big supporter of derma-rolling too, minoxidil on it's own was doing little more than maintaining / slowing the decline due to age (55 ; my crown had reached the 'sticky to the touch' stage). Perhaps one disagreement: I do recall reading a study that concluded d-r on it's own did nothing (we are all familiar with the original India study, which showed the combination of d-r and minoxidil was far better than minoxidil alone), and the conclusion was that d-r's probable main (total?) assist was simply increasing absorption. So whether the d-r process needs to reach 'wounded' status seems to me to be an open question. I do it after applying minoxidil, gently, total scalp, for probably 5 minutes. Definitely has improved things compared to minoxidil alone.

dupapls

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey, nice results.

thoughts on lightly rolling (no blood) every day with 1.5mm for minoxidil absorption? somebody alex has had great results with this method but i'd rather not risk minoxidil getting in my blood either...

Reactions: 555

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey, nice results.

thoughts on lightly rolling (no blood) every day with 1.5mm for minoxidil absorption? somebody alex has had great results with this method but i'd rather not risk minoxidil getting in my blood either...

I like to know more abt it too...am bit confused with the frequency of micro needling.less is better? may be deep rolling once in two weaks or light rolling couple of times in a week or combination of both?