Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, where are you going with this?

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe there are androgen-independent pahways in the pathophysiology of pattern baldness. But i think it constitutes a very small portion of the condition. It is an androgen dependent condition which may be influenced by environmental factors and androgen-independent pathways but this does not change the fact that androgens(DHT) are the major driving factor in this condition.

You hypothesize there would be bald eunuchs if there were more of them. Even if this was a fact, this doesn't disprove the good old theory that the presence of androgens are necessary for the condition. As i have said it before, there may be other pathways but their significance is, i believe, low.

Female pattern baldness has the same histopathological features as male pattern baldness. Although it is etiopathogenesis is thought to be more complicated than male pattern baldness, i believe this further shows the presense of androgen independent pathways in Androgenetic Alopecia. There is a case report of a woman who has complete androgen insensitivity syndrome with female pattern baldness.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20128792

I believe AR/Androgen angle is the single major driver of severe baldness. This is the reason why females don't go slick bald, except for very old severe cases.

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
Okay, I am sharing a perspective with the next generation of young men who find themselves in a state of confusion... When they come here to the now biggest hair loss website in the world as far as I know,
They will hear something other than the useless whinning and whinging about DHT=Baldnes, from typical clueless assholes.

...And they will have access to information that completely dismantles the present train of thought, which is straight up BULLSHIT.

And they will be able to contribute to a mass research movement with other like minds. instead of parroting of what some fuckin useless dr says to them...
Ya I get that but we get a "male pattern baldness its totally not what you think it is dht must have an accomplice hidden in the shadows!!" thread weekly so everyone knows there may be something else going on but you gotta give us something else man tell us who dht's working with and I will slay him/her where they stand!

baldboys

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Without the full article this is meaningless. You cant just read the abstract of a mediocre 2005 article and describe it as absolutely prove. This is pathetic.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that in the vast majority of cases DHT is needed for the progression of the condition, however that is something different entirely from being the Driver... The title of this thread accounts for that.

Further more, I speculated about eunuchs first, but then I gave real life examples of Androgenetic alopecia in effective eunichs. And it wasn't female pattern loss it was androgenetic alopecia.
Androgenetic alopecia in children without androgens?? come on man... They were predisposed to Androgenetic Alopecia by their family history, they just happen to fall so extreme on the spectrum that they reveal that the actual first attack comes before the androgens...
The first insult came before the androgens.... You CANNOT IGNORE that. and it's not some other condition, it is clinically diagnosed Androgenetic Alopecia.

Yes DHT is implicated, but the attack starts before the androgen. We have follicular regeneration problems, and then when DHT is floating around it's not that it is ESPECIALLY offensive to us, but rather that we just have no capacity to regenerate....

Dwell on this, cut it up with your mind, sleep on it....

and maybe read over these thoughts too

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ogenic-model-of-male-pattern-baldness.106536/
I did not deny the fact that androgen independent pathways may be more prominent in some cases as shown in the study of occurence of Androgenetic Alopecia in pediatric population. If you assert that non-androgenic pathways are the driving force, you have to present the evidence for it. The pediatric Androgenetic Alopecia study and pattern baldness in AIS only proves that there may be pathways other than androgen dependent ones. How do you come to the conclusion that the androgen independent pathways is the major driving factor?

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, you forget the role of adrenarche in pediatric Androgenetic Alopecia. Adrenarche starts before puberty around age 10, some children start to have oily face, acne, body odor. DHEA-S increases in adrenarche and it is a source for DHT in peripheral tissues.This is from that pediatric Androgenetic Alopecia study:
A common feature observed in our series of children with Androgenetic Alopecia was a strong genetic predisposition to the disease. Genetic predisposition may induce an increased androgen sensitivity of scalp follicles due to an abnormal activity of the enzyme 5a-reductase type II or to an excessive expression of the androgen receptor in the scalp. It is therefore possible that adrenal androgens may be responsible for Androgenetic Alopecia in genetically predisposed children. Another possible explanation for the occurrence of Androgenetic Alopecia in prepubertal children may be that this pattern of hair loss is not necessarily androgen dependent.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm saying that the DRIVING force in male pattern baldness is essentially capacity to regenerate the hair follicle, fundamentally.
...And then when you have all these insults coming at your follicle like "oxidative stress", or thyroid problems etc, you just start to lose ground because you can't repair the damage like your peers can... and then bring DHT into the equation, this androgen is f*****g trouble, but the same fundamental problem is at work, you can't repair the damage...

"It's like a sports team saying, we lost the match because the other teams are "Too damn fast and powerfull",
but the truth is that they are just a crap sports team who CANNOT possible score, thus any conceded goals are going to put them at an instant defecit"

DHT is potentially offensive to ALL, but we reveal that vulnerability right of the bat because we cannot repair the damage.

So read over the posts again and consider what I am sayin, consider the nuance.
I understand your point but where is your evidence that proves we are more vulnerable than non-balding men other than an immunodeficient mice model?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the approach is immune system modulation, I don't see any possibility for treatment other than gene therapy. And there, the realm of unknown is vast. But, I'm sure it will be no challenge for your mental laboratory.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nonbalding men don't necessarily have low DHT levels, but they don't have the reaction to male hormones like we do, the downstream effects like PGD2, TGFb, and negative growth factors. Removing Dht doesn't turn off the "Switches" that it left on.
There's also cases of thinning from things like high prolactin levels, iron deficiency, even wearing cornrolls or ponytails too tightly.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously? how do i know we are more vulnerable to DHT than the average man?? ...because we're balding despite similar DHT levels... and they don't...

perhaps you mean, how do I know that non-balding males are vulnerable to DHT as well?

well, all of us will bald eventually... as we get to 80 years old it's only the most resilient of men who keep their hair... but with time even they will lose it. their immune systems may be resilient if they live past 100 anyway. so thats one straight forward piece of the puzzle.

I didn't mean the vulnerability of follicles against DHT. I meant the immune dysfunction part you insist balding people have. Balding men are particularly sensitive to DHT, obviously. What i am asking is how you come to the conclusion that the problem is immune dysfunction?

Androgens influence macrophages through AR and supress wound healing. Elderly men have slower wound healing compared to elderly women. This is specifically mediated by DHT through AR. Androgen stimulation of macrophages causes inflammation and it is implicated in prostatic hyperplasia. I believe, this must have implication in Androgenetic Alopecia as well.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't mean the vulnerability of follicles against DHT. I meant the immune dysfunction part you insist balding people have. Balding men are particularly sensitive to DHT, obviously. What i am asking is how you come to the conclusion that the problem is immune dysfunction?

Androgens influence macrophages through AR and supress wound healing. Elderly men have slower wound healing compared to elderly women. This is specifically mediated by DHT through AR. Androgen stimulation of macrophages causes inflammation and it is implicated in prostatic hyperplasia. I believe, this must have implication in Androgenetic Alopecia as well.

I don't think he's the only one. What surprised me yesterday was seeing that Follica has their male pattern baldness treatment under the "Immune System" section in their official website.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion these threads are useless. None of us are scientists that could actually test these speculations.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion these threads are useless. None of us are scientists that could actually test these speculations.

Probably. Not necessarily.

Like the last couple posts above mention, immune factors and their actual impact are extremely difficult to examine due to many complex pathways and cell signaling regulators. I'm astounded everyday because I see people of all ages whose immune system is utter sh*t, yet their hair is so thick and dense it makes mine look like a Chenobyl survivor.

abcdefg

Reaction score
"Failure to regenerate the hair organ, which in the healthy individual occurs over and over again.. and also an inflammatory response"

Lets just say this is true. What drug or treatment are you going to use tomorrow to fix this?

Last edited: