Promise on the hairline frontier

Deaner

Reaction score
Coming up on a year and a half of Propecia, I'm starting to see steady growth on the uppermost region of my temples. If this greyish fine fuzz (which there appears to be lots of, some of which has grown into inch long hairs sprouting here and there) turns into cosmetically significant hair, my hairline will no longer be a problem for me. It will still be higher and unstraight, but it will give my temples a more triangular look, and give my hair a straighter look from the sides, instead of that higher up receded curved look.

Here's hoping this pans out for me. The progress seems slow but steady.

Britannia

Reaction score
Have you not considered other treatments. Im not recommending you do, just interested.
Newbies: Please note how long it has taken Propecia to show results in this case.

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
that is good to hear

how much of the temples are u regrowing back ?
is it 0.5cm or a cm ?

is it helping for your frontal hairline aswell ? if so, then how much

thanks

Deaner

Reaction score
Right now it's making tiny bits of progress, probably about 0.5cm outwards worth of fuzz all around the temples. Frontally I'm not making much progress, but I don't think the very front of my hairline has receded whatsoever, it's simply my temples. I've always had a high hairline/big forehead, even as a kid.

Faston

Reaction score
I'm in about the same place you are temples-wise, Deaner. Also at about 18 months on finasteride, but have been using minoxidil for a year as well. Haven't gained too much ground up there, but if all the fuzz i've got up there does thicken up a bit, I'll be ecstatic.

tu pac

Reaction score
I dont mean to knock anyones struggle but for real non of you dudes should stress hard over receding or temlpe loss its if thats your only effected area,its really not bad when I think about half the guys I know are recceded abit or alot or whatever,some of us that are recceded have a balding spot and/or are diffuse,If your ressesion is trippin you out your a really frettin over nothin. I just wanted let you know no harm intended.

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
tu pac said:
I dont mean to knock anyones struggle but for real non of you dudes should stress hard over receding or temlpe loss its if thats your only effected area,its really not bad when I think about half the guys I know are recceded abit or alot or whatever,some of us that are recceded have a balding spot and/or are diffuse,If your ressesion is trippin you out your a really frettin over nothin. I just wanted let you know no harm intended.

i agree with u

i am a diffuse thinner all over norwood 5a regio :(

my hairline has also receded by a cm all over my frontal hairline and my temples aswell in the past year :(

i am guessing that I can recover it all by usin dutasteride alone, coz my loss is very recent.

Deaner

Reaction score
Update: This is happening very rapidly, but I checked again today, and these hairs are now consistently easily visible (again mostly on the right temple) and they're definitely growing longer and darker, as well as being joined by even more fuzz. It's like one big unified awakening of my temples.

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
congrats man

im happy that you're getting what you want back ?

how long ago did you lose those temple hairs before you stared finasteride ?

anyways, congrats again

Deaner

Reaction score
I've been losing my temples since about the age of 16. The part that i'm getting back right now was probably lost right before or even during the beginning months of Propecia use.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
good news for u, i also noticed and improvement in m temples.

previously it used to be curved receding sux!
now it is more triangular.

dec 31 marks 1 year for me on generic finasteride.

Deaner

Reaction score
I just want a triangular hairline... the very peak of my temples is rounded off, I just want it to be a straight line across from my widows peak up to the top corner of my temples, I'd be so happy. That's where it looks like its headed if it actually does fill in.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
I just want a triangular hairline... the very peak of my temples is rounded off, I just want it to be a straight line across from my widows peak up to the top corner of my temples, I'd be so happy. That's where it looks like its headed if it actually does fill in.

as for me 4 years ago my initial male pattern baldness was temple recede first with a triangular pattern. then it slowly became vcurved. now back to triangular again which means it is a good sign? who knows another 1 more year on treatment may fully recover my temples?

Deaner

Reaction score
Just be happy that you recovered the triangle, I think the traingle looks great anyway. It's not a bad look.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What kind of triangle are u guys talking about anyway? There are many different shaped triangular hairlines.

Deaner

Reaction score
I'm personally just talking about getting rid of the rounded look to my hairline and making a straight line from the widows peak to the peak of my temples.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the triangle shape i think even non male pattern baldness sufferes have. So if u have somehow revovered the triangle, it may be good.

the curved recede looks uglier than the triangle