Promise on the hairline frontier

SarcasticHorse

Reaction score
Yea I'm also trying to turn my "U" back into a "V"...I've got a slight bit of fuzz on the temples that definately completes the V, but its only noticable close up (I've only been on treatment for a few months though).

I feel you guys on the V-mission...

Deaner

Reaction score
Dude, the V would make me happier than you even know. If I take my hair and part it right at the peak of each temple, you can easily see the rounded area where the temples curves towards the widows peak instead of being a straight line. However, the fuzz is growing all in the areas where it curves, which is so great. I have many inch long hairs growing sporatically in these areas, which I can only assume more are on the way since a few have already grown quite a distance from the hairline and are part of this V shape. Keep up the good fight boys, there's hope.

Deaner

Reaction score
For those of you with experience regrowing your hairline, would you say that the areas of your hairline that were sorta sparse but had long hairs sprouting here and there were the areas the filled in the most? My left temple has an area about 0.5-1cm away from the temple (that sorta completes the V) that is dotted with about 1-2inch long hairs, but there's not enough of them to make the hairline look proper yet, so I'm wondering what the chances of them being joined by a few friends is.

Deaner

Reaction score
It's been a month, and more growth is visible, lots of the smaller vellus hairs are getting longer and turning thicker/darker at the base and becoming visible way more easily in regular light and viewing conditions. Slow progress, but still positive nonetheless. I'll keep you updated.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
It's been a month, and more growth is visible, lots of the smaller vellus hairs are getting longer and turning thicker/darker at the base and becoming visible way more easily in regular light and viewing conditions. Slow progress, but still positive nonetheless. I'll keep you updated.

I think you should try to supplement 2-3g of MSM honestly. You could possibly turn the vellus hair terminal quicker than they are going right now.

Do you have any pics? Also, what's your age?

Deaner

Reaction score
What I've noticed thus far: My right temple is almost where I'd be perfectly happy with it, just a little thinner along the fringe where it's filled in, so once that fills in it'll be perfect to complete the V shape I'm so desparately wanting. The left one's still hurting way more, but the terminal hairs are filling in the same V shape on that side, and are unmistakably visible even from a distance, giving a sort of greyed out appearance to where the hairline will eventually be.

This is all happening all of a sudden, and for those of you wondering if something's actually going on with your hairline or ifit's in your head, you'll know when it's actually happening, there's no mistaking it. I'm actually incredibly happy with the right side of my hairline, it's still norwood2ish as it is, but that's completely okay with me! When it's dry it just looks angled backwards, when wet it's still rounded but not too horrible, and from the side it looks great even when wet, because the hairline has the appearance of coming in straight across and flat ____ to the peak, whereas the left side still has the rounded hump appearance a bit, but that's what's filling in.

Sorry for the rambling and run-on sentences, but I'm in a rush, but felt the need to share my success thus far with you guys.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Deaner said:
What I've noticed thus far: My right temple is almost where I'd be perfectly happy with it, just a little thinner along the fringe where it's filled in, so once that fills in it'll be perfect to complete the V shape I'm so desparately wanting. The left one's still hurting way more, but the terminal hairs are filling in the same V shape on that side, and are unmistakably visible even from a distance, giving a sort of greyed out appearance to where the hairline will eventually be.

This is all happening all of a sudden, and for those of you wondering if something's actually going on with your hairline or ifit's in your head, you'll know when it's actually happening, there's no mistaking it. I'm actually incredibly happy with the right side of my hairline, it's still norwood2ish as it is, but that's completely okay with me! When it's dry it just looks angled backwards, when wet it's still rounded but not too horrible, and from the side it looks great even when wet, because the hairline has the appearance of coming in straight across and flat ____ to the peak, whereas the left side still has the rounded hump appearance a bit, but that's what's filling in.

Sorry for the rambling and run-on sentences, but I'm in a rush, but felt the need to share my success thus far with you guys.

and your regimine only consists of propecia?

Deaner

Reaction score
Yep, almost 19 months of it, and as of a month or so ago alot of my hairline has been awakened.