Prolonged Use Of Low Level Laser Therapy..

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find reams of Amazon reviews that replicate my experience. Remember there are those who are offered perks to give five star reviews. This is esp. true with the helmets. Many say that they lost lots of good, strong hairs that never came back... that pretty much verifies my experience. My dermatologist will notice in person how many weak vellus hairs have replaced my strong ones. Vellus or thin hairs do not give scalp coverage. You can contact the doctor at the Baldblog and share your concerns. He will probably write back.. I have respect for his honesty. He does NOT support LLT as a hair growing avenue.. He questions research findings and techniques.. He alleges that the purveyor of the product should not head up or interpret the research. Once again I stand by my experience. Maybe yours will be different, hopefully.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gosh I can't find any.. I can find plenty that say the comb you're using doesn't work.. but only one that said they thought it made the situation worst..

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plenty of reviews like this:

"I wanted to write a review on this product as I used it every other day as instructed for a 5 year period until it eventually broke. I never noticed any increase in hair growth from use of this product. My thought process was simple: I paid about $400.00 for it and I assumed at the least it would slow or limit hair loss. I have also been taking propecia for this same during this time. Anyhow to sum it up its been six months since I stopped using the laser and I have noticed no difference or no hair loss. I am still taking propecia which I believe is the true reason why I stopped losing my hair. I wouldn't waste money on the laser comb. the FDA approved it for safety not effectiveness and after 5 years of experience I can safely say it didn't accomplish anything."

But cannot find reams saying it made it worst..

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
My point is that it can take away or shed strong hairs and replace with weak hairs. Many say they never retrieved the strong hairs that were shed on the crown. That about sums it up.. You can archive your progress over months and see what happens. I think the more respected avenues are Minoxidil... women and men.. or Propecia, Finesteride for men..

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand totally what you are saying, but I don't see the many saying it.. I'd be very appreciative if you can cut and paste some of the reviews you have found stating this, because I can't find them on Amazon.. maybe because I'm i Australia.. no idea..

I've been using the unit for abut 4 weeks and not noticed anything negative.. but I feel it is too soon to tell. My hair is growing.. I'm measuring from my fringe... so.. at least that is a positive. But then I am also using topical minoxidil twice a day..

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you should take your journey and document with photos for yourself what progress you will make over many months. I had nothing to say negative about it through 8 weeks. But as that juncture passed I was shedding too much hair and saw thinning. 4 weeks is not an ample time to judge the efficacy of LLT. Give it 6 months and you will know.

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
you can also go to the Hairmax forums.. and note how few recent posts there are.. The old ones have users talking about the shedding. And the moderator saying, "Oh, good it is working." Then others are into 6, 7 or 8 months and are still talking about shedding.. and the moderator says, Oh just wait for a year, then you can judge... Take that for what it is..

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK thanks! I'll check it out.. it is normal to shed 50-100 hairs a day...

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK I am now seeing the reviews you are talking about... I may stop using my unit now.. I am not using hairmax.. but I am assuming they are all the same?

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Frankly I am not sure about the LED lights added to the diodes in helmets... you would have to get an expert to differentiate the power in respective devices.. helmets vs. combs. Another universe of inquiry.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Frankly I am not sure about the LED lights added to the diodes in helmets... you would have to get an expert to differentiate the power in respective devices.. helmets vs. combs. Another universe of inquiry.

Did you get any conclusion on this?