Prolonged Use Of Low Level Laser Therapy..

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to ask my dermatologist how I will proceed. At this point I am favoring stopping the LLT, but gradually...

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure what is causing the shortening of my hair cycles. But the only variable is the use of the Hairmax Ultima 12...

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you heard of anyone else having a similar experience? I have read meany reports of women who have had a lot of success with laser.. Obviously I'm concerned however, I don't want to make things worst... :(

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Studies don't mention anything negative... https://www.hairIossrevolution.com/low-light-laser-hair-growth/

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found a website critical of LLT (Hairmax) research techniques, placebos.. again FDA does not APPROVE this mode of treatment for hair loss.. It just obtains FDA clearance for safety.

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
ONE RESPONSE TO “LLLT LOW-LEVEL LASER TREATMENT DEVICE DOUBLE-BLIND TRIALS”

So this snatch speaks to me who actually compulsively logged my progress from June 19. 2018 into the present. Post 6 mos.. The so-called study encompassed 6 month trials.. I can see how many would have discontinued due to lack of efficacy... but I plowed on..I have absolutely concluded, in my case, that the treatment worsened my hair loss. One must also factor in the profit motive of these helmet, laser comb companies..It frankly colors or skews the result to promote sales... Now one could say that of other hair growth modes though Minoxidil has gotten the APPROVAL of FDA for hair growth, though of course not everyone benefits. But LLT has less concrete results in its favor.
  1. 10752d23ae9f86b3e62f77625bc602b8?s=32&d=mm&r=g.jpg
    MD says:
    May 27, 2015 at 9:54 pm
    In one study alone, 45 of the patients were “lost to follow-up” which is code for a patient deciding to discontinue the study (the biggest reason is usually lack of efficacy). While the results are suggestive, the failure to include the obtained data from these patients as treatment failures (by a method known as last observation carried forward) is a major methodological flaw and one
    reason the study – while peer-reviewed – was not published in a top journal. Because patients who participate in
    studies often discontinue due to lack of efficacy, analyzing data from only those remaining introduces bias.

Last edited:

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Rach.. interesting links. As far as I understand the FDA also a[proved it for effectiveness?

"Based on this review on all the available evidence about effect of LLLT in alopecia, we found that the FDA-cleared LLLT devices are both safe and effective in patients with MPHL and FPHL who did not respond or were not tolerant to standard treatments. Future randomized controlled trials of LLLT are strongly encouraged to be conducted and reported according to the Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trials (CONSORT) statement to facilitate analysis and comparison." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26690359

I don't doubt your own experience at all.. I'm just trying to figure out whether to continue with it myself.. so far things are not getting worst.. so...I just don't know..

I get that some people don't see results at all from it..

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought the treatment was working until I passed the 8th week, and then everything started going retro.. and really bad crown shedding occurred. My derm. said I should have used llt on half my head as a double blind study. She will see me next Friday and I will have all my archived pics going back to day one into the present. You are on point that MANY see NO results.. more than you can imagine. The purveyors of this LLT want to profit at all costs.. that's the bottom line. The Doctor in the link I sent made it clear that the study was NOT objective.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I understand.. but it doesn't say things will get worst.. inversion techniques have been around for years, and have been shown to aid hair growth. I know from my research that lasers originally were thought effective because they increased blood flow, but recent tests have shown it does more than this...

If laser does nothing at all.. if that is the worst... I see no harm in continuing... IF it were to make things worst,. then obviously that is a concern.

Last edited:

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand.. but if i were you, and suspected that laser had made it worst, I would stop it completely.. I wouldn't be cutting down, I would be stopping dead...

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
will do.. I have many stories to tell about this insalubrious journey... Beware of an industry that creates false expectations.. that promotes hair growth solutions that have no foundation.. while $$$ are raked in from desperate people.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand.. although LLLT has a lot of advocates and reviews from people that have had good results.. even on this forum...

Rach3

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard of better results with a combination of LLT and Minoxidil... I have looked at vast Amazon reviews in the many 100s and 80 or more percent give one or two star ratings.. I am not convinced of its efficacy and I agree with the Doctor at Bald blog spot who makes some very intelligent observations that are based on his having had trials with the powerful laser helmet Revage.. not good results. I wish I could promote LLT but based on my experience and what I have read, I cannot support it as a viable treatment.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're talking about the doctor on the link you showed me?

I agree with him also.. I was told when I got mine that it would not bring back hair follicles that had died. It would not cure male balding.. but could only strengthen the existing hairs and thicken. That I would need to use it regularity and not just once a week.

However, the doctor on that link does not report any negative results.. I am wondering if you have found anything from others that have experienced the same as you?