Progress Thread. Attempting More Natural Regime (no finasteride).

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your example proves the following:

1) The specific natural treatments you chose didn't work for you.

That's all.

Isn't Saw Palmetto a plant and works somewhat similar to finasteride though not as effective? It shows that natural supplements have potential. The only difficulty is knowing which supplements, fruits or vegetables to take.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't Saw Palmetto a plant and works somewhat similar to finasteride though not as effective? It shows that natural supplements have potential. The only difficulty is knowing which supplements, fruits or vegetables to take.

Yup, it's a guessing game. The information we have on what does what in the body is totally incomplete.

Note that what happened to you on finasteride, and also happened to buckthorn, and to Dench, and so on ... was not seen in any of the clinical trials.

TanbarkBells

My Regimen
Reaction score
Little update, about 6-ish weeks later.
Hair has continued to fall out.

IMAG0367.jpg IMAG0369.jpg IMAG0372.jpg IMAG0373.jpg

I know i shouldn't have expected improvements by now. But the continued fall out has freaked me out enough to go and buy some generic proscar, lol.

So from now on finasteride has been added to the mix.
As has biotin.
I wont be continuing this thread as now the "natural" part is no longer relevant.
Big apologies to anyone who was interested in tracking my progress with a natural approach.
Decided i'm not willing to take the risk, and will just go with what works (in addition to natural)

In a year, if i have good results, at least i have some before pics to post a badass success stories thread. See you then!
Bye

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, but this isn't going to work. I don't care how long it took you to lose your hair, that's a lot of hair loss at 29. You are going to need minoxidil and dutasteride, and then a hair transplant.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
balding is a natural process when DHT is killing your follicles

nothing to do with cold showers and massage

K

karankaran

In 2013, I started a natural regimen which was pretty expensive - it consisted of everything from black tea extract to curcumin to pumpkin seed oil. Bio-availability is a big issue when it comes to natural supplements. On top of it, I got tired of my regimen - as it consisted of multiple huge pills every day.

My health was great. I look back at my pictures and I looked great. However, my crown was not filled.

TanbarkBells

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you guys would just read the comments above then you would see i added finasteride to the regime, so you can all relax.

Matt90

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the idea of natural treatment, use it in my case too but in the same time I agree, in the state you are now I wouldn't expect much from it.

First of all you hair loss is perfect example of male pattern baldness, I really doubt if diet can help at all...;/

Pills like finasteride then? Well it depends how effective is it, I don't know much about it but from results I seen, if it improved hairs just a bit...so now the question arises, is it worth to mess with your body, hormones etc, to improve your state by few percent? I would say either consider hair transplant or accept it.

PS: I decided to stick to natural teatement only bcause I have different problem, I experience shedding (equall all over the head) *only*, hair line is not affected at all...luckily

TanbarkBells

My Regimen
Reaction score
Photo update. No noticeable progress.
I actually thought it was getting worse but then i just noticed my old pics seem pretty bad too.
Didn't really expect progress by now anyway, so i'm not annoyed.
My only concern is that the finasteride hasn't seem to affected my semen at all. When i have taken finasteride in the past (in 2014) i remember getting watery semen. That hasn't been the case now. It has maybe been a subtle change but i'm not sure if it's confirmation bias or not. So how do i know if it's working or not?
Just gotta wait and see i guess.

Been taking finasteride every day for about 2 months. Hopefully no more comments telling me your opinion of natural remedies.
Been also taking biotin daily, omega-3 fish oil caps daily, pumpkin seed oil caps daily, Fo-Ti caps for about 4 months.
Haven't been able to maintain a healthy diet. Lots of takeaway food (pizza, burgers, etc).
Haven't been able to exercise regularly. Winter has beaten me this year, i've stayed indoors away from the cold a lot.
Haven't been able to continue the habit of derma rolling either.

Gonna continue on the finasteride train. Also will try to ad derma roll into my routine, and will def exercise more now too (for reasons other than hair loss)

IMAG0402.jpg IMAG0403.jpg IMAG0407.jpg IMAG0408.jpg

Last edited:

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
There is low cost solutions that could help you:
ebay has plenty of adds for morr-f 5% that is a 5% minoxidil with a 0.1% topical finesteride and it cost you €15 or less/month

I am currently on a similar solution (but 10% minoxidil) and it works.