Programme About Balding on BBC3 Tonight

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers m8

Looks interesting but I'm hating the fact that it seems to conclude with one of those "Get over it, women don't mind it" messages rather than some positive news about treatments.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
The message was bound to be that. The guy looks like he has been bald for years. The current treatments were never likely to help him so many years later. I hope it doesn't come to misleading conclusions. Will be watching though :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
the guy is only 26. No doubt it will feature plenty of women saying that baldness does'nt matter (all of them with nw1 boyfreinds). Get ready for plenty of false information etc and definatly nothing that we dont already know.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Watching it now.

No mention of the proven meds, only the quackery. Seems to be focussing on hairpieces at the mo.

Bad program :roll:

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems like the BBC looked for the biggest idiot in Manchester, gave him a camera and said "Make us a film about male pattern baldness".I didn't have high hopes for it, but it really was pitiful.

antonio666

Reaction score
yes i agree with stampede,it was more about a guys journey into accepting his hairloss,however there was no mention of propecia,avodart or regaine,and just mentioned snake oil bandits,the guy in my opinion was wat to far gone for meds to work anyway and at the age of 26 obvoily had it as agressive as it comes,i thought he looked a lot better with the wig and was surprised at how natureal it looked.
the featered hair transplant with feller looked awful in my opinion,when the guy shaved off his hair i thought he looked like a guy in his mid 20,s
but when he had the horse shoe looked at least 35

s.a.f

Reaction score
The guy carried off the horseshoe look better than most but he looked better with hair (the wig) and much younger, Yeah he was'nt really fooling anyone with his new found confidence at the end. You could see it in his face that he still wished he had some hair.
Also the only woman in the blind date who was genuinly interested in him bald was a minger the rest were in shock when they saw it was a wig. And the women who said they did'nt mind baldies just did'nt want to look like b****s on camera.

antonio666

Reaction score
saf,did you see that dog as well,she was dogrough,i will say this hand on heart,i would rather turn gay than atract beasts like that.

she looked like diedrie barlow on acid

s.a.f

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
the featered hair transplant with feller looked awful in my opinion,

I know that guy (interviewed with face blanked out) he was'nt fully grown out at the time but he's just had a 2nd Feller hair transplant to finish things off.

s.a.f

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
saf,did you see that dog as well,she was dogrough,i will say this hand on heart,i would rather turn gay than atract beasts like that.

she looked like diedrie barlow on acid

Alright for a quick blowie when you're pissed up, just as long as your mates dont find out! :wink:

antonio666

Reaction score
could you imagine if that a**h** from the norton clinic was an expert on the show,this is a man who ruins peoples lifes and gets paid for it,
panarama should investigate this jeremy isherwood

s.a.f

Reaction score
Actualy I'm suprised Norton was'nt featured they had Farjo and they're utter shite.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
The Hot or Not was very interesting, assuming it was genuine of course. Fot those who have not seen it the guy got 4(out of 10) for looks with his wig. The wig by the way was very good on camera and certainly undetectable from a photo. Yet he got 8.7 complete bald.

I'm not queer but some guys do look good with it shaved off. Depends on face shape mainly. I think the guy looked fine bald, much better when he shaved it off though I would have kept some facial hair.

s.a.f

Reaction score
When I saw him shaved I thought it was Blondeguy! :shock:

antonio666

Reaction score
the women from the magazine said jude law is rapidly losing his hair
this is just not true,he has remained at a solid norwood 3 for 10 years.
i atcully think that he looks better as a norwood 3 than he did before.
It could even be a very high mature hairline ,i mean the rest of this guys hair lo0oks very thick,common miconception people see a guy with a bir of recession and think he is going to be bald 2 years later,thet only happens when diffussing

The Gardener

Reaction score
Wash n' Gone said:
It seems like the BBC looked for the biggest idiot in Manchester, gave him a camera and said "Make us a film about male pattern baldness".
That reminds me of one of my favorite old movies.... "Norwoods in the Mist".

Great flick.