Profile of people who don't respond to propecia...diffuse?

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a bad responder to propecia and i'm a very diffuse thinner. When i hear stories of people who've been using finasteride for over 15 months and are still lossing hair, they almost always are very diffuse thinners....

what's the profile of men who don't respond to propecia??

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If this is true it's bad news for me because I am a heavily diffuse thinner. I'd be interested in seeing some responses.

JustAddHair

Reaction score
depends on how long you're into your diffusing phase i'd guess.
how long have u been thinning for?

im diffused to btw... it just smacks you in the face when u decide to look at the mirror head down one day. never knew i had diffused until folks in this forum mentioned it!

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
diffuse thinner here. moderate regrowth and thickening with finasteride

So

Established Member
Reaction score
diffuse, cant say finasteride is working... about to complete month four, hair loss still persists.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used finasteride for 2 years. Lost a lot of hair and had 0 regrowth. finasteride sucks in my book.

G

So what is finasteride good for? it doesn´t help with Temples, it doesn´t help diffuse thinners!

Goingat20

Reaction score
diffuse thinner -> finasteride didnt help and neither is dutasteride

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
diffuse here, 19 months on finasteride and it hasnt really done sh*t. Grew some hairs on the temple(who cares). Diffuse on top slowly getting worse.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been slowly thinning in a diffuse way for years - all over, top, sides and back, but a couple of years ago it became markedly worse on the crown - grew my hair out long in an attempt to cover it up, but then I started losing rapidly all over. Now I have barely enough to manage coverage on top and no crown coverage at all really - just a few very lonely strands.

I thought I'd try minoxidil before an internal - reading these posts I'm not sure I'll take finasteride now, as diffuse thinning does seem to be its own distinct form of male pattern baldness madness.

I'm becoming convinced that topicals may be more effective for diffusers, with a few natural internals thrown in.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
what is consider diffuse? i don't really understand

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
after feeling my hair yesterday, i realize i am a diffuse thinner on along! my hair is long so i could never tell. so what can i do now? should i change my approach to hairloss? also would HM work for a diffuse thinner? i may need to add more to my regimen?

G

f*** No thats not true at all. I have been on propecia for almost three years now and when I first realized I was losing hair I went on it immediately. I temporal receder as well as a diffuse thinner, mostly up top in the frontal region, but all over as well. Its works well for me, still have more hair than when I started and nobody even knows. My advice, get on the sh*t ASAP, it could do a lot of good if you catch it early.

Doug Douglas

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a diffuser. I used Propecia for a year and have been on dutasteride going on two years--nada. Diffusers seem to have the least ability to respond to these (worthless) treatments. Maybe they'll come up with something that works for the other 50% of balding people... When they say Propecia works for 90% of people, they should say 90% of non-diffusers.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
globally diffuse with a "ghost" Norwood 3V pattern. Hair has thickend evrywhere from finasteride. even the sides and back.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm diffuse thinner at the crown and a receder at front. Propecia did help me with the crown, did nothing for my hairline. I added minoxidil and things are starting to look better at the front.

Get on finasteride, see how you react, then get on minoxidil.

shetdedo

Reaction score
listen im a diffuse and i started finasteride when i was 19 and took it for 13 mo. of course it didnt work its abunch of bs, it made my hair worse and i even lost hair on the sides, im screwed right now, if it cant even work when ur 19 at a point when the loss is not too bad, it cant work at all. i put my life inn rogaine's hands

rossyl44

Reaction score
this thread is just CALLING THOSE who it DID NOT work for.

Plenty of people have found it has worked for them.

Keep positive! I am!