Problems with styling my hair system

mralexdoron

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought a hair piece online. The problem is, I really have a hard time at styling the hair back, it falls directly into my face again like having bangs. I can't barely hold the hair back, it seems to be so rigid at the base.
Is that normal or a sign of a low quality hair system? Or do I need to use heavy hair product to keep the hair slicked back?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi MrAlexDoron

This issue is normally caused by the ventilation - ie the way the hairs are fixed into the base. Sometimes the hairs are attached at an angle which causes them to hug the scalp and fall forward over the hairline. Some wearers like that design, because it means the hairline is always concealed. If works well for a short "Caesar" cut. But it makes it nearly impossible to comb the hair off your forehead.

If this is a knotted piece, you can change the direction of the hairs by soaking the piece in warm water for 10 minutes and then gradually tugging the hairs back, starting a few inches back from the hairline and working forwards. The hairs are vulnerable to being pulled right out when they are wet, so be gentle. If it is an injected piece, there is nothing you can do to change the hair direction. You would have to buy a different unit. Go for "freestyle" ventilation.

mralexdoron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow thanks, FINALLY someone who is able to help me out!
I wasn't even aware of the ventilation thing, I am completely new to all of this.

Should I just post a picture of the hair piece?

So, making the hair piece wet, gently tugging the hair back and then leaving it there and letting it dry? Should I do this process multiple times or is one time enough if I work myself through the entire system?

Noah

Reaction score
No reason why you would ever have heard of this kind of "ventilation" LOL.

Sure, post a picture, or send it by PM if you prefer.

You might have to do the tugging exercise a few times, depending on how tight the knots are. You will just have to try it and see. Make sure the water is warm.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Using a hair drier when styling is one way to get the hairs to style back, although it will ultimately limit the lifespan of the piece.