Problem with sleeping in UTS and warping the edge

timn420

Reaction score
I'm wearing a UTS and have noticed that, below the crown, feels caved in a little when I wake up. I sleep on my back and it seems to be squishing the back of the system along the edge inward, where it meets my bio hair. In one area it almost feels like a ditch between where the system hair and bio meet. Is this normal?

Noah

Reaction score
I think that is pretty common. Particularly as the adhesive gets past the 5-day mark, it starts to get a little slippery, and when you sleep on your back you are putting the hairpiece under tension, so it slips forward and buckles slightly. The standard advice is to get a silk pillowcase, or if you are the Noel Coward type wear a silk cap. You can also pull it back into position by just pulling gently on the back perimeter.

timn420

Reaction score
Thanks Noah. I'll check into getting a silk pillowcase then.

I don't have any glue atm (just ordered some), so I was worried about repositioning the buckling system without it. Although the glue that's currently on is pretty strong still after two weeks.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly what Noah said. When my UTS has been bonded for 7+ days then I find the base will squish up in some places (especially the back/top) while sleeping. Remember, by that time the glue is breaking down and is mostly a gooey mess, so the UTS will slide around on it.

timn420

Reaction score
Exactly what Noah said. When my UTS has been bonded for 7+ days then I find the base will squish up in some places (especially the back/top) while sleeping. Remember, by that time the glue is breaking down and is mostly a gooey mess, so the UTS will slide around on it.
How often do you go back to your salon for the glue to be re-applied or for trimming your bio hair?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you go back to your salon for the glue to be re-applied or for trimming your bio hair?

I cut my own bio hair every month or 2. It's easy if you go for a simple style.

Like many others here, I de/re the system myself, every 7 to 10 days on average.

So I only visit the salon when I get a new system, say every 5 or 6 months.

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you? I just started wearing a UTS 3 weeks ago and have noticed these things too, but every time I think I'm in danger of it slipping off I have proven to myself otherwise. My salon says come every 4 weeks and they included a free visit 2 weeks into attachment and assured me this is all normal. Just wanted to see what someone else says/does.

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that is pretty common. Particularly as the adhesive gets past the 5-day mark, it starts to get a little slippery, and when you sleep on your back you are putting the hairpiece under tension, so it slips forward and buckles slightly. The standard advice is to get a silk pillowcase, or if you are the Noel Coward type wear a silk cap. You can also pull it back into position by just pulling gently on the back perimeter.
Thanks been wondering about this myself and as I said in the other reply, salon assures me I'm fine (they'd profit from more visits so the fact that they haven't told me to come I believe them on this one).

timn420

Reaction score
I'm going back after 3 weeks but will be on a 4 week per visit after that. I will probably do some of my own maintenance in between, just to see if I can get less dependent on a salon in the long run. I also think 4 weeks is a pretty long time without taking off the system for hygienic purposes. I also bought a silk pillowcase from amazon and it has helped things a bit.