Problem With A Human Trial With Stem Cells

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is good because they are halting, no abandoning the concept of treatment. They are diving in deep to see how everything fits together using stem cells. Question is how long will the investigation take and will they publish the results. Also, it shouldn't affect other stem cell trials, hair or other since it wasn't a regulatory body order.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a big difference between in vivo and in vitro regenerative stem cell therapies. There's also higher standards surrounding lifesaving therapy since participants who try novel techniques forfeit traditional treatment, and that's a big ask even if current procedures have a low success rate.

H

Reaction score
Seems like the hype around stem cells is really slowing down it used to be like the future of medicine.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like the hype around stem cells is really slowing down it used to be like the future of medicine.
Not really, the media doesn't give a sh*t but basically every field of medicine is making huge progress, slowed down only by shitty regulations. My brother has type 1 diabetes and his doctor says that a definitive treatment based on stem cells is literally behind the corner. It's just that hair loss researchers are lazy and/or underfunded.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

There is no hype when it comes to science, especially in the biomedical field.
There is substantial interest in stem cells and their therapeutic potential, but the field is pretty primitive.
Besides, thus far, results have been mediocre.

Not really, the media doesn't give a sh*t but basically every field of medicine is making huge progress, slowed down only by shitty regulations. My brother has type 1 diabetes and his doctor says that a definitive treatment based on stem cells is literally behind the corner. It's just that hair loss researchers are lazy and/or underfunded.

An optimist doctor is just being that, optimistic. There is no evidence a stem-cell cure is around the corner, unless the cornah is like ten-fifteen years away.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
An optimist doctor is just being that, optimistic. There is no evidence a stem-cell cure is around the corner, unless the cornah is like ten-fifteen years away.
Ten/fifty years away is quite a killer deal considering that before 1921 there was no legit treatment for it and people just died in a few days, weeks tops.
The guy is one of the best doctors in Italy regarding diabetes, almost 500 publications on NCBI and people come from all places to be followed by him and the rest of his staff.
Your surely know better though, I mean he's just a doctor who dedicated his life to this, not an all-knowing being blessing me with his negative whining.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ten/fifty years away is quite a killer deal considering that before 1921 there was no legit treatment for it and people just died in a few days, weeks tops.
The guy is one of the best doctors in Italy regarding diabetes, almost 500 publications on NCBI and people come from all places to be followed by him and the rest of his staff.
Your surely know better though, I mean he's just a doctor who dedicated his life to this, not an all-knowing being blessing me with his negative whining.
Is there positive whining?
Hmmm... interesting!

I'm a Doctor, too, henny.
There is NO treatment dealing with type I diabetes that's passed phase I. That means there is no stem cell treatment around the cornah.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmmm... interesting!

There is NO treatment dealing with type I diabetes that's passed phase I. That means there is no stem cell treatment around the cornah.
I have read another bad news yesterday. Most people are immune to cas9 protein which is crucial in CRISPR gene editing procedure. So a genetic cure for baldness or diabetes is not around the corner. Nothing going in well direction. Satan is triumphing.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read another bad news yesterday. Most people are immune to cas9 protein which is crucial in CRISPR gene editing procedure. So a genetic cure for baldness or diabetes is not around the corner. Nothing going in well direction. Satan is triumphing.
CRISPR gene editing is only good if you want cancer. We don't know how these things act on the long run and even modifying your genes is not gonna bring back hair to your scalp if it is not a good environment for hair growth. Stem cells are a much more realistic approach than gene editing. As far as I remember, Satan wanted long haired metalheads, he's probably pissed off about this whole baldness thing.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, did you even read the articles?
None of the trials mentioned have passed phase I.
Did I say that there are no trials?
NO
Did I say they are on phase I?
YES
Κάτσε στον θρόνο, μαλάκα!
Does passing/being in phase 1 mean sh*t?
Like seriously, once they find out is is safe do you think it won't get fast tracked?
Most stem cells treatments basically use the same cells in the same way so once one of them is approved, it won't take 10 years to approve the rest of them.
A cartilage-regeneration phase 3 trial using MSC's started in january.
Another phase 3 trial last year to stop the progression of ASL using bone-marrow derived stem cells.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does passing/being in phase 1 mean sh*t?
Like seriously, once they find out is is safe do you think it won't get fast tracked?
Most stem cells treatments basically use the same cells in the same way so once one of them is approved, it won't take 10 years to approve the rest of them.
A cartilage-regeneration phase 3 trial using MSC's started in january.
Another phase 3 trial last year to stop the progression of ASL using bone-marrow derived stem cells.
Dude, our topic is stem-cell therapy against type I diabetes.
You said a Doctor had told your bro that an effective stem-cell based treatment was around the corner.
I argued that there is no chance such treatment be released soon. Maybe in ten-fifteen years.
Once phase I is over which for most trials will crop up in 2020-2021, they have to go through phase II trials which last at least two years. That's 2022-2023. And then, phase III, which last at least two-three years, aka 2024-2026.
If that's around the cornah, for you, then, I guess, we interprete the phrase differently.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, our topic is stem-cell therapy against type I diabetes.
You said a Doctor had told your bro that an effective stem-cell based treatment was around the corner.
I argued that there is no chance such treatment be released soon. Maybe in ten-fifteen years.
Once phase I is over which for most trials will crop up in 2020-2021, they have to go through phase II trials which last at least two years. That's 2022-2023. And then, phase III, which last at least two-three years, aka 2024-2026.
If that's around the cornah, for you, then, I guess, we interprete the phrase differently.
You just said that it'll likely take less then 10 years for a definitive treatment. 6 years minimum, 8/9 years tops is what I consider around the corner for an autoimmune disease. Anyway, what I meant is that treatments using the same stem cells as the diabetes ones (MSCs) are already in phase 3. This proves that they are safe for use, so the safety trials might be shorter/not required for other uses. Just like JAK inhibitors for AA.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You just said that it'll likely take less then 10 years for a definitive treatment. 6 years minimum, 8/9 years tops is what I consider around the corner for an autoimmune disease. Anyway, what I meant is that treatments using the same stem cells as the diabetes ones (MSCs) are already in phase 3. This proves that they are safe for use, so the safety trials might be shorter/not required for other uses. Just like JAK inhibitors for AA.
Not really.
That's the most optimistic timeframe, which, mind you, rarely occurs.
Since you think 2024-2026 is described optimally as "around the corner", I have nothing to say.
I disagree!
Next time, though, be less offensive and don't take it personally. It's just a hair loss forum.

H

Reaction score
Hmmm... interesting!

What your field of practice? Its hinny btw.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stem cell are very new topic in science and “cure is on the corner“ is very cliche conversation pushed by gossip webs.